Wolcen Lords of Mayhem crashing on your PC annoyed you! If you are dealing with crashing issues while playing Wolcen Lord of Mayhem then you are in the right place.
Recently, many Wolcen Lords of Mayhem players are reporting the game crashing issue on their PC. The problem occurs randomly, at launch or mid-game, causing extreme annoyance.
Luckily, to make your game flawless, we come up with the fixes that you can apply by yourself easily and quickly.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Table of Contents
Why is Wolcen Lord of Mayhem Crashing and Not Launching?
Crashing and not launching issues may vary. But the most common causes of crashing your game are given below. Firstly, check these before moving to the fixes.
- The game doesn’t launch along with your Windows operating system
- PC configuration isn’t meeting the system requirements
- Outdated graphics driver
- Outdated Windows version
- Missing or corrupted game file
How to fix Wolcen Lords of Mayhem Crashing?
You don’t need to apply all of the fixes at once. Just work your way down the list until you find the right solution.
Fix 1. Restart your PC
In some cases the game crashing and not launching issues are very temporary errors that can be fixed easily by restarting your computer and game
So, try turning off your PC, then turn it back on. If Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem still crashes after the reboot, don’t worry. There are still 5 more fixes to try
Fix 2. Clear game cache files
Game cache files added to your computer will ultimately influence the game performance, When the files become corrupted somehow they might crash your game and even won’t allow launching your game.
To check if that is the cause of Wolcen Crash, then try clearing game cache files
- Exit Steam and your game completely.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time.
- Type %public%\Documents, then click OK.
- Right-click the Steam folder and select Delete.
- Restart Lords of Mayhem to check if this worked for you.
Now check, if this fix does not work then try the next fix below
Fix 3. Verify the integrity of game files
Corrupted and missing files can also become a source of crashing and not launching. If you are playing Wolcen on steam then you must check the integrity of game files.
- Run Steam.
- Click LIBRARY.
- Right-click Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem and select Properties.
- Click the LOCAL FILES tab, then click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES.
- Relaunch Lords of Mayhem to see if this has resolved your issue.
If Wolcen still creates the problem, then give a try to the next fix below.
Fix 4. Update your graphics driver
Wolcen Lords of Mayhem not launching or crashing issues will arise on Windows 10 and 11 PC if you have outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. To improve gaming performance you need to update the graphics driver. There are two methods to update graphics cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit NVIDIA/AMD sites and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated graphics drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 5. Increase Virtual Memory
If your computer runs out of RAM when performing an intensive task, Windows will dip into virtual memory for temporary file storage. If the virtual memory is not sufficient to save temporary files, applications running on your PC might crash.
In this case, follow the instructions below to increase the size of your virtual memory:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type advanced system settings
- Click View advanced system settings.
- Click Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Change.
- Uncheck the box next to Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
- Click your C drive.
- Click the options button next to the Custom size, and then type 4096 in the text box next to Initial size (MB) and Maximum size (MB).
Initial size – This value varies, depending on your computer. If you’re not sure what value to use, just enter whatever the number is in the Recommended category.
Maximum size– Don’t set this value too high. It should be about 1.5 times the size of your physical RAM. e.g. A PC with 4 GB (4096 MB) of RAM should have no more than about 6,144 MB of virtual memory (4096 MB x 1.5).
- Click Set, and then click OK.
- Restart your computer and your game.
Now you are able to enjoy your game without any crash issues, but still if not, then check the next solution below.
Fix 6. Reinstall the game
Game issues, such as freezing, crashing, or lagging might happen when the game is not properly installed on your PC.
Follow the below-given instructions to reinstall Lords of Mayhem and to see if it fixes your problem:
- Run Steam.
- Right-click Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem, then click Manage > Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall
- Restart your computer
Reinstall the game on your PC, then try launching the game to see if it runs properly.