Does WWE 2K22 Keeps crashing on PC? In this article, you will find all the possible solutions to fix this issue
WWE 2K22 is now available on Steam. After its launch, this game attracted a large number of PC gamers. Likewise, other games, it also not free from Crashing and other performance issues
If you are also dealing with WWE 2K22 crashing on Startup issues. Don’t Worry!
Apply the below-given fixes and you will be able to fix by yourself quickly and easily.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Table of Contents
- Why WWE 2K22 keeps crashing on PC
- How to fix WWE 2K22 crashing
- Fix 1. Check system requirement of WWE 2K22
- Fix 2. Verify the game files
- Fix 3. Update graphics driver
- Fix 4. Install the latest game patch
- Fix 5. Install the latest DirectX files
- Fix6. Stop overclocking
- Fix 7. Disable Steam Overlay
- Fix 8. Disable third-party antivirus software
- Fix 9. Install the Latest Version of Visual Basic C++
Why WWE 2K22 keeps crashing on PC
Crashing issues may vary but the most common issues are:
- An outdated graphics driver
- PC configuration isn’t meeting the system requirements
- Using an outdated graphics driver
- Outdated Windows version
- An Outdated DirectX version
- Outdated game version
- Corrupted or missing game file
How to fix WWE 2K22 crashing
Whether WWE 2K22 crashes in the startup or middle of the game, you can apply these fixes.
But you don’t need to apply all of the fixes at once. Just work your way down the list until you find the right solution.
Fix 1. Check system requirement of WWE 2K22
Check below the recommended requirements to run WWE 2K22 without crashing:
|Operating System||Windows 10-64Bit||Windows 10-64Bit|
|Processor||Intel i5-3550/AMD FX 8150||Intel i7-4790 / AMD FX 8350|
|Memory||8 GB||16 GB|
|Graphics||GeForce GTX 1060 / Radeon RX 480||GeForce GTX 1070 / Radeon RX 580|
|Storage||60 GB||60 GB|
|Sound Card||Direct X 9.0||Direct X 9.0|
|RAM||4 GB||6 GB|
If your system meets the above-mentioned specs, but still WWE 2K22 crashing on PC, then try the next fix.
Fix 2. Verify the game files
Game file corruption usually causes game crashing issues. To make sure that if any game files are missing or corrupted, follow the following instructions to verify the integrity of the game files:
- Launch Steam and go to your Library.
- Right-click on Ghostwire: Tokyo and select Properties.
- Click LOCAL FILES on the left, then click Verify integrity of game files.If Steam finds anything wrong with the game files, it will re-download them from its official server.
- It may take some time to verify all your game files
After the verifying process is complete, run WWE 2K22 to check if it still crashes. If this issue persists then try the next fix.
Fix 3. Update graphics driver
WWE 2K22 keeps crashing issues arising on Windows 10 and 11 PC because of the outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. To improve gaming performance you need to update the graphics driver. There are two methods to update graphics cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit NVIDIA/AMD sites and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated graphics drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 4. Install the latest game patch
It is possible that the recent patch has caused the game crash issue and a new patch is required to fix it. The game developers release regular game patches to fix bugs and improve gaming performance
If a patch is available, it will be detected by Steam, and the latest game patch will be automatically downloaded and installed when you run the game.
Run WWE 2K22 and see if the game crashing issue has been resolved. If it hasn’t, or there was no new game patch available, move on to the next fix, below.
Fix 5. Install the latest DirectX files
To run smoothly, most games require DirectX 12. If there is any problem with DirectX on your PC then you will have to deal with WWE 2K22 keeps crashing issue.
To make sure whether there’s something wrong with DirectX on your PC, you can try updating/installing the latest DirectX version
- Go to the Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime Web Install page.
- Click the Download button to start the download.
- Once downloaded, double-click the downloaded .exe file to install it on your computer.
- Restart your computer and launch the game.
If WWE 2K22 still crashes after you installed the latest DirectX file. If this fix didn’t work for you, try the next fix, below.
Fix6. Stop overclocking
To reduce the probability of game crashing issues, it’s suggested that you reset the CPU or the graphics card to the manufacturer’s specifications.
If you’re using software like MSI Afterburner, AMD Overdrive, GIGABYTE Easy Tune, etc., you may need to disable them first.
Check this issue remains after you stopped overclocking. If this fix didn’t help, give a try the next fix, below.
Fix 7. Disable Steam Overlay
If you are using Steam overlay while playing the game, try disabling it to minimize WWE 2K22 Keeps Crashing on PC
- Launch Steam and navigate to the LIBRARY tab. right-click on Ghostwire: Tokyo. Then select Properties.
- Uncheck Enable Steam Overlay while in-game
- If you’re using other apps with overlay features (e.g. Xbox Game Bar, Discord, Nvidia GeForce Experience, Twitch, etc.), ensure you’ve disabled the in-game overlay in those apps’ features
Launch WWE 2K22 and see if it crashes again. If this fix doesn’t work, try the next fix, below
Fix 8. Disable third-party antivirus software
Many third-party antivirus software block game files, which may also crash the game.
If you temporarily disable the third-party antivirus software before you play the game it will resolve the crashing issue.
See if the game crashes after applying fixes. If you do not observe any improvement and WWE 2K22 Keeps Crashing on PC, try Reinstalling the game, it will surely fix the crashing issue.
Fix 9. Install the Latest Version of Visual Basic C++
If you are notified with a message after crashing the WWE 2K22 game with “vcruntime140_1.dll missing” or “MSVCP140.dll was not found,” that means you are using the outdated version of Visual C++ redistributable
Uninstall the previous version and install the latest version that is compatible with your system from the below-given link:
- Press the Windows +I key from your keyboard to open the Run application, type appwiz.cpl, and press Enter key.
- Navigate to the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable and right-click and select uninstall to remove the previous version.
- Restart the system to apply the changes and re-run the game. If it still shows the same error message, install the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable compatible version and restart again.
- Run the WWE 2K22 and check if the issue is resolved or not