FNAF Security Breach Crashing at daycare or is it freezing and then showing a black screen? Worry not as we have explained solutions on how to stop FNAF Security Breach from crashing.
While playing FNAF Security Breach on PC when you enter into Daycare it crashes. As an Unreal Engine-based game common errors like crashing, freezing, or loading will occur.
Till Steel Wool Studios releases a game patch to fix these errors we have compiled troubleshooting tips and tricks to get your game up and running. Before that, you need to understand why does FNAF Security Breach keeps crashing?
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Table of Contents
- Error That FNAF Player are Dealing With
- Why Does FNAF Security Breach Keep Crashing
- How To Fix FNAF Security Breach Crashing On PC
- Check System requirements of FNAF Security Breach
- Fix 1. Update Graphics Card Driver
- Fix 2. Update DirectX Version
- Fix 3. Run the game in DirectX 11 mode
- Fix 4. Verify Integrity of Game File
- Fix 5. Perform A Clean Boot
- Fix 6. Repair System’s Files
- Fix 7. Disable Image Sharpening
- Fix 8. Editing Registry File TDR Fix
- Fix 9. Lower In-Game Graphics Card
- Fix 10. Disable Overlay
- Fix 11. Disable CPU or GPU Overclocking
- You Might Like Also:
Error That FNAF Player are Dealing With
I was playing FNAF Security Breach and when I get to the daycare it crashes I belive it has something to do with the lights shaders as far as I can tell they used raytraced lights in the daycare I’ve seen reports of the same issue with the gtx 3060’s which surprise’s me. It also occurs on PS4 and I belive xbox one anyone have a fix.
Why Does FNAF Security Breach Keep Crashing
There are numerous reasons why the FNAF keeps crashing on your PC. However, after examining the discussion on forums i.e. Reddit we can conclude below are the main causes of FNAF crashing.
- Outdated Windows OS
- Third-party programs causing conflict
- Antivirus software or Windows Firewall preventing the game
- Outdated/corrupted graphics card’s driver
- Corrupted game files
- Overlays and overclocked PC
How To Fix FNAF Security Breach Crashing On PC
Apply the below fixes.
Check System requirements of FNAF Security Breach
Before you start applying the below-mentioned fixes you should check your PC’s system hardware.
|OS||Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 10 (64 bit)|
|CPU||AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Core i5 6600K||AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Intel Core i7 4790|
|RAM||8 GB||16 GB|
|GPU||Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti||Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti|
|DirectX||Version 12||Version 12|
|Storage||80 GB||80 GB|
Does your PC support FNAF Security Breach? If not you will have to deal with crashing, freezing, or black screen error.
However, you can buy the best gaming PC that has all the required hardware to play modern PC games.
Fix 1. Update Graphics Card Driver
To play a PC game without any glitches crashes or freezing you need updated graphics card drivers. If the graphics card drivers are outdated to faulty you will have to deal with random crashing errors.
You can update NVIDIA/AMD GPU drivers manually by visiting their official sites but finding the latest correct driver is often difficult.
So we recommend you download Driver Easy on your PC. It’s a driver updater tool that will automatically scan and update all the system’s old drivers. All you need to do is to:
- Download and Install Driver Easy.
- Run this program and click on Scan Now button. (It will scan your PC telling you how many drivers need attention)
- Now click on Update All or choose anyone at a time.
- Now Restart your PC.
You can also create a restore point, in case an updated driver causes the problem you can revert to its previous version.
Fix 2. Update DirectX Version
Another thing that needs to be looked into is DirectX, which is an essential program when it comes to playing PC games.
The DirectX 11 is the latest and most stable version right now. Although DirectX 12 is also released you prefer to download DirectX 11 on your PC.
Fix 3. Run the game in DirectX 11 mode
Steam has a minor glitch, it won’t run the game in DirectX mode. So you have to manually force the Steam launcher by giving certain commands to run the game using the DirectX 11 Mode.
- Open Steam and go to the Library.
- Right-click Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach and select Properties….
- Under the General tab, add -dx11 to the LAUNCH OPTIONS.
Now try to run the game and check if it has fixed the game crashing on PC.
Fix 4. Verify Integrity of Game File
There are chances that your game files are missing or corrupted that’s why you are dealing with FNAF Security Breach crashing.
To rule out the chances run the process that verifies the game files and if any file is found missing or corrupted to fix it.
Follow these steps:
- Open Steam and click on Library.
- Righ-click on Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach and select Properties….
- Click LOCAL FILES and select Verify integrity of game files….
- Wait a few minutes for Steam to scan and repair game files.
Fix 5. Perform A Clean Boot
Running the PC with a clean boot can help you fix FNAF Security Breach crashing on the PC.
Clean boot means running the PC with a minimal process that will put less load on the CPU. This process involves opening the System Configuration tool and disabling all the services.
Here’s how to do that:
- Press Win + R and type MSConfig to open System Configuration.
- Now click on the Services tab.
- Click on Hide all Microsoft Services from the bottom.
- Now press Disable All button.
- Restart your PC and try to tun the game.
Fix 6. Repair System’s Files
It may be your Windows OS whose files got corrupted or missing and that’s why you are unable to play FNAF Security Breach.
You need to repair your Windows OS files to solve this problem. We suggest you download Windows 10 repair tool that will scan and replace the broken system files with fresh ones.
Fix 7. Disable Image Sharpening
Follow these steps:
- Open Nvidia Control Panel.
- Select Manage 3D settings and look for the game’s exe file under Program Settings.
- Turn off image sharpening by clicking in front of it.
- Once everything is in place, click OK and apply.
Fix 8. Editing Registry File TDR Fix
Follow these steps:
- Press Windows + R and type Regedit.
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > System > CurrentControllerSet > Control > Graphics Driver.
- Under graphics drivers, click on TdrWatch.
- Set TDR Recovery as 1 and press OK.
Fix 9. Lower In-Game Graphics Card
You are dealing with FNAF Security Breach crashing on a PC because you are playing it with graphics settings that your GPU can’t support.
Try to lower in-game graphics settings and then run the game.
Fix 10. Disable Overlay
Steam, Twitch, Discord overlay does enhance the gaming experience but they can also cause interruption while playing games.
If your FNAF crashes on startup then try disabling the overlay. If you have enabled MSI FPS counter overlay you should also disable it as we.
Fix 11. Disable CPU or GPU Overclocking
Sometimes overclocking without providing sufficient air can become a reason for the game crashing on PC.