Are you dealing with Fortnite black screen events with only mouse arrows showing up? Does Fortnite go black screen after the cutscene, when going fullscreen, or after clicking on battle royale?
Many players have reported that while playing Fortnite, it completely goes black and unresponsive, with only audio playing in the background.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why Is My Fortnite Black Screen
Most of the time the Fortnite black screen issue occurs due to the following reasons.
- Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers
- Antivirus software causing conflicts
- Wrong graphics settings
- Corrupted cache
Check Fortnite System Requirements
Most of the time when users face Fortnite black screen issues it’s because your PC is unable to meet the minimum system requirements to play it.
Below you can check the hardware requirements to play Fortnite otherwise you need to upgrade your gaming PC.
|Operating System||Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 10 64-bit|
|Graphics||Intel HD 4000 on PC; Intel Iris Pro 5200||Nvidia GTX 960, AMD R9 280, or equivalent DX11 GPU|
|Memory||4 GB||8 GB|
|Processor||Core i3-3225 3.3 GHz||Core i5-7300U 3.5 GHz, AMD Ryzen 3 3300U, or equivalent|
|Hard Disk Space||16 GB||20 GB|
How To Fix Fortnite Black Screen on Windows PC
Don’t try all of them instead just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Fix 1. Lower Graphics Settings
If your graphics card is not capable to run the game in high graphics or you are playing Fortnite with a high resolution you are going to face a black screen error on your PC.
So try to lower graphics settings or resolution to fix the Fortnite black screen issue.
Fix 2. Update or Rollback Graphics Driver
Mostly Fortnite black screen problem is associated with wrong, incompatible, outdated graphics drivers. Once you update your graphics drivers the problem goes away.
If you update the graphics driver it will solve the black screen and performance-related issues.
There are two ways to update your drivers: Manual and Automatic.
We suggest the Automatic method as it takes less time and skills. All you need is to download Driver Easy on your PC. It’s a driver updater tool that automatically scans and installs the updated driver version.
If updating the driver doesn’t fix then using the Driver easy Pro version you can create a system restore point to roll back the update.
Fix 3. Stop Overclocking
Also, make sure that CPU temp range and GPU temp range are well within acceptable limits. You can also install fan controller software to increase fan speed to provide more air. It will help your PC to remain cool preventing Fortnite black screen on PC.
Fix 5. Switch to the Windowed Mode or FullScreen
Sometimes the black screen problem arises in Full-Screen or in Windowed mode. When you run Fortnite try switching between screen modes to prevent black screen issues.
- When the game launches, press the Alt + Enter keys to go to the Windowed mode.
- Press the Alt + Enter keys again to switch back to the Fullscreen view.
Fix 6. Check Your PSU
For some users, the black screen issue was triggered due to a bad power supply unit. Soon you replace it the problem will go away.
Maybe your PSU is not providing sufficient wattage to the graphics card, if that’s the case then upgrade PSU.
Fix 7. Run Game in Compatibility Mode
The Fortnite black screen on PC can also occur if there are compatibility issues. Try to run the game in compatibility mode for that follow these steps:
- Right-click on Fortnite and click Properties.
- In the Compatibility tab, click Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Choose the Windows OS from the drop-down menu.
- Click OK then run Fortnite to check.
Fix 8. Unblock Fortnite From Windows Firewall
In most cases, Windows built-in firewall feature causes the Fornite black screen problem because it blocks some game features from running properly.
You can fix this problem by adding the game file to the firewall whitelist. Here’s how to do it.
- Press the Windows start button and type Firewall & Network Protection.
- From the bottom, click Allow an app through the firewall.
- Find Fortnite and check whether it has been blocked or not.
- Click Change Settings if it does and check all the boxes to enable the app through the firewall.
- Reboot Fortnite and check whether this problem is resolved.
Fix 9. Reinstall Fortnite
If none of the above fixes works and the Fortnite black screen keeps arising then maybe the game file itself is corrupt. Try to reinstall the game using the Steam client.
You Might Like
- Fix: PS5 Black Screen After PS Logo 2021
- Fix: CSGO Black Screen on Startup on Windows 10
- Fix: Overwatch Black Screen On Launch or Mid Game 2022
- PS5 Won’t Turn On – Why Is My PS5 Not Working?