Many reports are received by Samsung users that their Samsung Galaxy A70 is not charging. Sometimes if you plug in any other charger, the mobile starts working but not with the original charger leaving the user annoyed and confused.
This problem can arise for several reasons one of the major problems could be the dirty charging port or the presence of moisture. We will briefly introduce you to the underlying causes before telling you some reliable fixes that have worked for many users.
You can follow any of them and try another if the prior one fails.
How To Fix Galaxy A70 Not Charging Problem
Fix 1: Check for damaged hardware
Sometimes your mobile phone stops charging if the mobile is physically damaged. If you have hit your galaxy a70 somewhere, dropped it, or exposed it to some liquid then the hardware gets damaged which affects the charging. In this case, you need to go for the repair using the Samsung repair service.
Fix 2: Check charging accessories are working
Any damage to an adapter or the charging cable affects the charging of the galaxy a70. You must check all your charging accessories if they are working fine. Any deformity in the USB port or loose charging port may cause this problem.
You can confirm the working of your charging accessories by trying any other galaxy A70 adapter or charging cable. You can replace your galaxy a70 charging accessories. However, if there is any deformity in the charging port you may go for the repair.
Also, if there is any problem with your charging set you must go for the official Samsung accessories to prevent any other damage to your phone.
Fix 3: Check Charging Port
We carry our mobile phones everywhere and also put them in our pockets. Gradually, the dust and dirt gather in the small ports of the mobile, including the charging port. A dirty charging port can be the reason behind your Samsung galaxy a70 not charging as sometimes dirt prevents the charger to connect properly.
For this, you need to carefully clean the port using anything thin like a toothpick. While doing this make sure you don’t damage the port.
Fix 4: Check for Water Damage
Another possible reason behind not proper charging of the Galaxy A70 can be water damage. Any exposure to the liquid or the presence of water or moisture in the port prevents galaxy a70 from charging.
You may get the notification “Moisture Detected” on your phone. Even if you have not got one and you suspect the presence of moisture dry your phone as soon as possible.
For drying out you can use any of these three tested ways;
- Put your mobile phone in a closed container of uncooked rice for 48 hours and make sure it’s fully covered. The rice would absorb all the moisture.
- You can also use a pack of silica gel to dry your phone as it fastly absorbs the moisture more than rice. You may put your Galaxy A70 in silica gel for 24 hours.
- Another tested way to instantly dry your phone is to use a hair dryer. Be careful that your hair dryer is not highly heated also use it from distance.
Fix 5: Recalibrate Battery and Operating System
A buggy battery and operating system may read the incorrect battery level that causing random reboot troubles. You need to readjust your battery and OS to prevent this issue.
- Drain your Galaxy battery until it powers down by itself.
- Completely charge up your phone till it’s 100% charged using original charging equipment and don’t use it while charging. After the phone is charged do not unplug your phone for two more hours.
- Then unplug your mobile and restart your device.
- Use your phone until it completely runs out of power again. Repeat these steps.
Fix 6: Charge on Safe Mode
Sometimes, the app may interfere with the charging of the phone. To prevent this you need to charge your phone on safe mode as this mode doesn’t allow third-party apps to run. Hence, any of the responsible applications would not be able to interfere with charging.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Release the Power key as soon as “SAMSUNG” appears on the screen.
- Right after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- Safe mode will appear in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
You can also check which applications are interfering to uninstall them using the following steps.
- Boot to safe mode and check for the problem.
- If a third app is responsible then uninstall those apps one by one.
- After you uninstall an app, restart the phone and recheck for the problem
- If your Samsung Galaxy A70 refuses to power back on, repeat the above steps.
Fix 7: Clear Cache Partition
“Why my Samsung Galaxy A70 is not charging?” has been a concern of a lot of people especially when there’s no hardware damage. Here is the answer: a corrupt clear cache system of the phone can interrupt the proper functioning of the system and prevent proper sharing.
To resolve this you may wipe the cache partition and ensure the upright clear cache system. By doing this your phone will delete the current cache and replace it with a new one over time.
Here are the steps to do so;
- Press and hold the power button to turn off your Galaxy A70
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys until the Android logo appears on the screen. ‘Installing system update’ will show before showing the Android system recovery menu options
- Release all the buttons. You will enter the recovery mode. If recovery menu options didn’t appear, then connect your phone to the PC via USB cable or you can connect to the charger.
- Go to the ‘Wipe cache partition’ using the volume down key and then select the option using the Power button.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, click on “Reboot system now” and restart your system.
Fix 8: Downgrade System Software
System Software also needs to be updated however these updates come with bug fixes and some new features. It is reported that Samsung Galaxy A70 is not charging after these updates. For this, you need to downgrade your system software version.
Here are the steps to update your system software
- Go to the Settings of the device.
- Tap on the System option and then click on Advanced.
- Select System update.
- Then click on Check for an update.
- If updates are available, then download them.
However to downgrade follow these steps;
- Download ADB & Fastboot on your PC.
- Enable OEM Unlocking.
- Turn off the smartphone.
- Press and hold volume down and power keys to enable Android’s bootloader menu.
- On Windows, locate C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools.
- Press the shift key, and right-click on the screen on the platform-tools folder.
- Select Open command window here
- Unlock the Bootloader and press Enter
- Download and flash the factory images.
Fix 9: Factory Reset
If you are not able to resolve the Galaxy A70 charging problem using the above solutions then the ultimate solution is the factory reset. If the problem lies in the hardware, a factory reset will fix the issue.
However, make sure that you backup all your data before doing this otherwise you will lose it.
- Create a backup of your personal data and remove your Google account
- Go to the Settings.
- Select General management.
- Tap on Reset.
- Select Factory data reset
- Read the information then tap Reset to continue.
- Tap Delete All to confirm factory reset.
Try these above-mentioned fixes one by one to resolve Samsung Galaxy A70 Charging Problem. Another interesting trick is revolving around the internet to resolve this issue that has worked for a lot of Samsung Galaxy users; Simply press quite hard on the back of the phone half an inch above the Samsung logo or at the button and your phone will start charging.