Many players have reported that when they try to install the Gameloop emulator on their PCs they get a message “HTTP download error, Please check your network connection. Error code: 4”. This is not only giving an error or network error but it is also stuck on the AOW engine not installed.
This post will help you to fix the Gameloop HTTP download error code 1/2/4/5. Even if you are using the latest version of the game loop or an old version, you can resolve the issue by applying the below fixes.
How to Fix Gameloop HTTP Download Error Code?
You can apply the below-mentioned fixes to resolve the Gameloop HTTP download error code 1/2/3/4/20/21.
Fix 1. GameLoop Server Issue
When the Gameloop emulator server is down it can cause the HTTP error code. Although the server outage issue is rare you should always check the internet for any reports about GameLoop once you encounter a problem to verify any outages reported.
Fix 2. Check Your Network Connection
A slow internet connection can also trigger the download error for the GameLoop emulator. So make sure your internet speed is stable enough to use this tool.
Fix 3. Delete the Tencent File from the Registry Editor
You should delete the Tencent file from the registry editor because this file could be interfering with the game loop installation. Deleting the Tencent files will fix the Gameloop HTTP download error 4.
- Go to Search. Type “registry editor”. Open the App.
- Now, You need to delete the Tencent file from the following file path: a) HKEY_CURRENT_USER – Software – Tencent (Delete The Folder) b) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE – SOFTWARE – WOW6432Node – Tencent (Delete The Folder).
- After that, You need to restart your system and run the Gameloop app.
Fix 4. Update your Graphics Driver
Most of the time Gameloop HTTP Download Error Code issue arise on those PC that has outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. To improve gaming performance and fix the offline crashing on startup or while joining the game you need to update the graphics card driver.
There are two methods to update your system’s cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit the concerned site and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated graphics drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 5. TGB Error Code Fix
To fix the HTTP download error please check your connection error code 4 on Gameloop and apply this fix.
- Uninstall the Gameloop emulator
- Go to C:/ drive and delete the folder which is saved as Tencent in program files. If it shows that some files are in use just add the folder to the archive and then delete it
- Install the emulator again
Fix 6. Remove All The Temporary Files
Removing these temporary files can help to fix the Gameloop HTTP download error code 1/2/4/5.
- First, Open the windows search box and type in “run,” and open it.
- Now type “temp.” Click on Ok. it will open windows > temp file.
- Select all the files and delete those.
- If any files are undeletable, leave them.
- Again, Open Run by pressing Windows + R key.
- Now, Type %temp%. And hit enter. It will open AppData > local > temp folder.
- Select all the files and Delete them. Skip Undeleted files. (Because undeleted files are currently working or preceding).
Fix 7: Do a Winsock Reset.
Winsock catalog can become corrupted due to malicious files downloaded which affects the internet connectivity of your computer. Thus, a Winsock reset is necessary for the damaged catalog and associated registry settings can go back to their default and fix the network connection. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the Search field.
- Type cmd.
- Select Command Prompt. Ensure that you run as administrator.
- Type the command netsh winsock reset and hit enter. A message will show after the Winsock catalog has been reset.
- Restart the computer to complete the process and fix the download error.
Fix 8. Reset TCP/IP
You have to reset your computer’s TCP/IP and your windsock stack in windows 10. when you fix both of these then you are able to fix your internet connection depending on the problem.
- Go to the search box. Type cmd >right-click on it and select “Run as administrator.”
Now, you need to run three commands:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- netsh winsock reset catalog
- netsh int ip reset
Now, you need to restart your computer. And check if your Gameloop HTTP error code 1/2/4/5 has gone or not.
Fix 9. Disable the Antivirus Settings Temporarily
To fix the Gameloop HTTP download error code you need to turn off the antivirus software or windows defender on your computer temporarily. Again enable the antivirus application when the Gameloop emulator is downloaded.
- Press the Start button.
- When the Sidebar menu reflects on the screen, scroll down and select Windows Security.
- Click Virus & threat protection icon.
- Scroll down and select Manage settings.
- Click the button under Real-time protection to turn off the antivirus software.
Fix 10. Use VPN in Downloading the Gameloop Emulator
Many players have experienced that to overcome the error code it is effective to use a VPN to download the emulator. If you don’t have a VPN account yet, then you can use a free trial which is offered by the most reliable VPNs available online in order to install the Gameloop.