Are you dealing with Genshin Impact black screen with music or it’s showing a black screen mid-game after a warning message? We can help you?
Players keep reporting that when launching Genshin the black screen shows up with the in-game cursor and background music running. It’s a very bizarre situation especially when you are at a critical juncture and Genshin Impact black screen error occurs.
If you keep getting a black screen in Genshin Impact then try our fixes below.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
What Causes Genshin Impact Black Screen Error on PC?
There are numerous causes of black screen errors on PC however below we have listed the most common causes that players have faced so far.
- PC does not meet the minimum system requirements.
- Outdated GPU drivers.
- Antivirus or Windows Firewall preventing the game.
- Not switching to Windowed mode.
- Not running Genshin Impact as administrator.
How To Fix Genshin Impact Black Screen
The fixes below will surely help you but you don’t need to try them all just work your way down the list until you find the right one.
Check Genshin Impact System Requirements
Make sure that the GPU meets the minimum requirement to play Genshin Impact. Below you can check the hardware support that this game required.
Make sure your PC meets these requirements otherwise you can think about upgrading your gaming PC.
|Operating System||Windows 10 64-bit version||Windows 10 64-bit version|
|Processor||Intel Core i5 equivalent or higher||Intel Core i7 equivalent or higher|
|RAM||8 GB||16 GB|
|Video Card (GPU)||NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 and higher||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB and higher|
|DirectX||DirectX 11||DirectX 11|
|Hard Drive||30 GB||30 GB|
Use Native Graphic Card
If you have a dedicated GPU then try to disable it and run the game using the native graphics card. For many, it has resolved the Genshin Impact black screen error.
Follow these steps:
- Right-click on Desktop and click the Display Settings.
- On the bottom click on Graphics Setting and click on Choose an app to set preference.
- Press the Browse button and enter and go to the directory where you have installed the game. By Default it’s the
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game
- Select “GenshinImpact.exe“
- Click “Options“
- Select “Power Saving“
Now try to run the game, you might see a little lagging but you won’t see the black screen again.
Change DPI Settings
- Right-click Genshin’s desktop icon and choose Properties.
- Select Compatibility tab > Change High DPI Settings.
- From the bottom tick the box to replace High DPI Scaling Behavior.
- Select System below, and after applying your settings.
Now Restart the launcher and Genshin Impact to restore the normal display function.
Update Graphics Card
Genshin black screen error with sound will occur if you have an outdated graphics card. Try to update them and the problem will go away.
There are two methods Manual and Automatic to update graphics drivers.
Manual methods include visiting Intel’s official site and downloading the zip file. Extract it in your PC and then follow these steps:
- Press Win + R and type devmgmt.msc to open Device Manager.
- From the list click on Display Adapter > Intel Graphics 630.
- Right click on it to Update driver.
- Choose Browse my computer for drivers.
- Select the folder where you extracted the graphics driver.
This process takes time and skills if you don’t have the required skills then we recommend you Automatic method.
- Download Driver Easy on your PC.
- Instal and run it.
- Click on Scan button and Driver Easy will scanning the sysem outdated drivers.
- After that it will present you a list of outdated drivers choose the GPU drivers and select Update button.
- It Pro version also allows you to create system restore point that can hwlp you in rolling back the drivers if anything goes wrong.
Chang The In-game Resolution
If the above fixes don’t help you then try changing the in-game resolution to fix Genshin Impact black screen issue.
- Right-click on Desktop and choose to open Display Settings.
- Under the Scale and Layout click on the Display Resolution and choose 1280×720 or 1280 x 1024.
Apply the setting and restart the game.
Disable Antivirus or Firewall
Antivirus software can prevent PC games from running properly. The same goes for Windows Firewall. These programs block necessary game files, you can disable these programs from running in the background or simply uninstall them temporarily.
Limit Display Refresh Rate in NVIDIA Control Panel.
Those users who have NVIDIA control panels can follow these steps. It can help them fix the Genshin Impact black screen issue.
- Righ-click on Desktop and choose to open NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Got o Display > Change Resolution > Refresh rate > Turned it down to 60hz
Now restart the Genshin Impact to see if the black screen issue is resolved.