Are you encountering the frustrating issue of Genshin Impact not launching or opening on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC? It can be disheartening when you’re eagerly anticipating your virtual adventures, only to find that Genshin Impact won’t launch.
Whether you’re dealing with Genshin not opening, the launcher not responding, or facing DirectX-related challenges such as Genshin Impact DX12 issues, you’re not alone in this predicament.
In this article, we’ll explore practical solutions to address this problem, providing you with a comprehensive guide on why Genshin Impact won’t launch and how to fix it.
How To Fix Genshin Impact Not Launching on Windows 11/10 PC
Let’s delve into troubleshooting steps to ensure a smooth and enjoyable gaming experience in the captivating realm of Genshin Impact.
The VCredist Solution
There are high chances that this fix will work for you resolving Genshin Impact’s not launching problem. Follow these steps:
- On your Desktop, right-click on the Genshin Impact icon and select Open file location.
- Scroll down till you locate the VCredists files and run them.
- Select Install or Repair.
- Reboot your PC
Install the Latest Visual C++ Redistributable Files
If the Genshin Impact does not launch properly and instead shows error messages then there are chances that the current Visual C++ is outdated or faulty.
Try to download the latest version of Visual C++ from Microsoft’s official site. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the Visual C++ download page and download the latest Visual C++ 2022 Redistributable package for your Windows.
- Once downloaded, run the exe file and click the Repair or Install button to initiate the setup.
Once installed run the game to see if it has fixed the launching problem.
Turn Genshin Impact back to DirectX 11
Some users have reported that Genshin Impact won’t launch with the DirectX 12 version. Although it’s the latest version it’s still not stable, so try DirectX 11 download and then force the game to run with DirectX 11.
Here’s how to force DirectX 11 in GEnshin Impact:
- Right-click on the Genshin Impact icon and select Properties.
- Copy and paste the following command in the Target field:
“C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\GenshinImpact.exe” -window-mode exclusive -screen-quality Fastest -force-d3d11
Uninstall FACEIT Anti-Cheat
If you have installed FACEIT Anti Cheat or any other Genshin anti-cheat tool on your PC it can cause Genshin Impact not launching problem.
This tool interferes with the game file by blocking them, so you need to uninstall it. Use the Control Panel on Windows PC to uninstall FACEIT.
Update Graphics Driver
To play a PC game without any launching or opening issues you need updated graphics card drivers. If the graphics card drivers are outdated to faulty you will have to deal with Genshin Impact not launching errors.
You can update NVIDIA/AMD GPU drivers manually by visiting their official sites but finding the latest correct driver is often difficult.
So we recommend you download Driver Easy on your PC. It’s a driver updater tool that will automatically scan and update all the system’s old drivers. All you need to do is to:
- Download and Install Driver Easy.
- Run this program and click on the Scan Now button. (It will scan your PC telling you how many drivers need attention)
- Now click on Update All or choose anyone at a time.
- Now Restart your PC.
You can also create a restore point, in case an updated driver causes the problem you can revert to its previous version.
Disable Steam/Discord Overlays
In Steam, go to Settings > In-Game and uncheck “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.”
In Discord, go to User Settings > Overlay and disable the “Enable in-game overlay” option.
Run Genshin Impact Directly
Navigate to the game’s installation folder (typically C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game).
Run the game directly by double-clicking on “GenshinImpact.exe” without using the launcher.
Disable Other Anti-Cheat Software
Check for other anti-cheat software on your system (e.g., Riot Vanguard for Valorant) and temporarily disable or uninstall it.
Additionally, If you have Paladins Anti-Cheat then disable it by accessing its settings and restart your PC.
Perform Clean Boot
If the Genshin Impact not launching on PC it’s because you might be running multiple programs in the background.
You need to close all unnecessary programs and try to run your PC in a clean boot. That means no other process runs except the game.
Here is how to do it:
- Press Win + R to type MSConfig and hit Enter to open System Configuration.
- Select the Services tab.
- Then check the box Hide all Microsoft services and click Disable all.
- Now press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Startup tab and disable all unwanted programs from running.
- Restart your PC and play the game.
Allow Genshin Impact through the Firewall
The Genshin Impact not launching problem also occurs when the Windows Firewall feature blocks it from running. It happens when the firewall considers it a threat.
All you need is to add the game file to the firewall so that it won’t book it. Follow these steps:
Press the Win start button and type Firewall and Network Protection to open it.
- Find and click on Allow an app through the firewall.
- From the new windows click on Change settings.
- Locate the game launcher.exe from the list. and tick both the Public and Private boxes (If they are not ticked).
- Click OK to save the changes.