Genshin Impact not launching on PC or does it not loading, either way, you will find our fixes helpful.
Many users are dealing with issues that popped up in the newly released game Genshin Impact, that they are unable to launch on PC.
According to players, the Genshin Impact won’t launch, and even if it does it shows a black screen then take it back to the desktop with the error.
If you are also dealing with Genshin Impact not launching problem then this article is going to help you.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Table of Contents
- System Requirements To Play Genshin Impact
- How To Fix Genshin Impact Not Launching on PC
System Requirements To Play Genshin Impact
Before applying the below fixes to fix Genshin Impact not launching on PC check your system hardware.
|Operating System||Windows 10 64-bit version||Windows 10 64-bit version|
|Processor||Intel Core i5 equivalent or higher||Intel Core i7 equivalent or higher|
|RAM||8 GB||16 GB|
|Video Card (GPU)||NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 and higher||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB and higher|
|DirectX||DirectX 11||DirectX 11|
|Hard Drive||30 GB||30 GB|
Now check your system’s hardware if your PC matches the minimum system requirements then all you need is to tweak in-game graphics or apply the following fixes.
In case your PC doesn’t support then you need to upgrade your gaming PC or at least buy the gaming CPU and GPU so that you can run the game. Otherwise, keep dealing with Far Cry not launching problem.
How To Fix Genshin Impact Not Launching on PC
If the Genshin Impact doesn’t launch on Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC try the following fixes.
The VCredist Solution
There are high chances that this fix will work for you resolving Genshin Impact’s not launching problem. Follow these steps:
- On your Desktop, righ-click on Genshin Impact icon and select Open file location.
- Scroll down till you locate the VCredists files and run them.
- Select Install or Repair.
- Reboot your PC
Install the Latest Visual C++ Redistributable Files
If the Genshin Impact not launching properly instead shows error messages then there are chances that the current Visual C++ is outdated or faulty.
Try to download the latest version of Visual C++ from Microsoft’s official site. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the Visual C++ download page and download the latest Visual C++ 2022 Redistributable package for your Windows.
- Once downloaded, run the exe file and click the Repair or Install button to initiate the setup.
Once installed run the game to see if it has fixed the launching problem.
Turn Genshin Impact back to DirectX 11
Some users have reported that Genshin Impact won’t launch with DirectX 12 version. Although it’s the latest version it’s still not stable, so try to DirectX 11 download and then force the game to run with DirectX 11.
Here’s how to force DirectX 11 in GEnshin Impact:
- Right-click on the Genshin Impact icon and select Properties.
- Copy and paste the following command in the Target field:
"C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\GenshinImpact.exe” -window-mode exclusive -screen-quality Fastest -force-d3d11
Uninstall FACEIT Anti-Cheat
If you have installed FACEIT Anti Cheat or any other Genshin anti-cheat tool on your PC it can cause Genshin Impact not launching problem.
This tool interferes with the game file by blocking them, so you need to uninstall it. Use Control Panel on Windows PC to uninstall FACEIT.
Update Graphics Driver
To play a PC game without any launching or working problems you need updated graphics card drivers. If the graphics card drivers are outdated to faulty you will have to deal with Genshin Impact not launching errors.
You can update NVIDIA/AMD GPU drivers manually by visiting their official sites but finding the latest correct driver is often difficult.
So we recommend you download Driver Easy on your PC. It’s a driver updater tool that will automatically scan and update all the system’s old drivers. All you need to do is to:
- Download and Install Driver Easy.
- Run this program and click on Scan Now button. (It will scan your PC telling you how many drivers need attention)
- Now click on Update All or choose anyone at a time.
- Now Restart your PC.
You can also create a restore point, in case an updated driver causes the problem you can revert to its previous version. You can also GeForce Now Genshin Impact to get a more stunning experience by becoming a member of the miHoYo account
Perform Clean Boot
If the Genshin Impact not launching on PC it’s because you might be running multiple programs in the background.
You need to close all unnecessary programs and try to run your PC in a clean boot. That means no other process runs except the game.
Here is how to do it:
- Press Win + R to type MSConfig and hit Enter to open System Configuration.
- Select the Services tab.
- Then check the box Hide all Microsoft services and click Disable all.
- Now press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Startup tab and disable all unwanted programs from running.
- Restart you PC and play the game.
Allow Genshin Impact through Firewall
The Genshin Impact not launching problem also occurs when the Windows Firewall feature blocks it from running. It happens when the firewall considers it a threat.
All you need is to add the game file to the firewall so that it won’t book it. Follow these steps:
Press the Win start button and type Firewall and Network Protection to open it.
- Find and click on Allow an app through the firewall.
- From the new windows click on Change settings.
- Locate the game launcher.exe from the list. and tick both Public and Private boxes (If they are not ticked).
- Click OK to save the changes.