Are you dealing with the Google Pixel 6 Battery Drain issues even after updating the phone? Don’t worry the fixes given in this article won’t make you suffer anymore.
Many other users complained about the relevant issues. Although mobile phones’ batteries drained with the passage of time, Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro new phone owners experienced these issues.
My P6 drops from 80 to 68 over night (5 hours of sleep). It’s literally the worst phone I’ve ever had battery-wise. Overall I’m happy with its performance. It barely makes it through the day and I’ve tried everything. This has happened since day 1 btw, the updates made no difference at all
So after applying fixes on our own to overcome battery drain issues we have come to shear with you. You just need to scroll down and found the best that help you to mitigate this issue.
Pixel 6 Battery Draining Fast: Here’s How to Improve Battery Life?
There could be various reasons that can drain a battery, these might happen to the apps running in the background, outdated software, a service running that you don’t need, and enabling mobile data all the time.
So you apply these fixes to mitigate battery drain issues.
Fix 1. Check Android Battery Health
Pixel works on stock android which is helpful to keep the battery performance good. When the battery is not healthy then it will drain up quickly. Before following any fixes, it is important to check the battery’s health by following the given steps:
- Open your Pixel phone and dial ##4636##
- It will open the tasting menu. Click on the Battery information option.
- Here you can see the battery status. If it says poor or bad, that means your device needs a new battery replacement
Then you need to follow the below troubleshooting tips
Fix 2. Turn off high-drain features
Some features drained the battery very quickly. These might be the culprit of your mobile battery health. For this, you need to disable these features. These includes:
- Disable Bluetooth scanning
- Turn off Mobile data
- Turn off Wi-Fi scanning
- Disable your work profile
- Turn off the current hotspot connection
- Turn off the current tethering connection
Fix 3. Restart your Google Pixel 6
Restarting pixel 6 helps to refresh the operating system and also close all the background running apps. Device RAM will also be cleared of temporary data and it will boost the phone’s performance. This will reboot the phone software and reload all of the services.
Fix 4. Reduce Sleep/Screen Settings
If you change your mobile sleep mode from 1 minute to an hour then there might a chance that your mobile battery gets drained at a higher rate. So you need to take a look at these settings.
- Open device settings and navigate to display settings
- Click on Sleep settings
Now choose 30 seconds option. This will make sure your Pixel 6 will go into sleep mode after 30 seconds of inactivity
Fix 5. Turn off the “Auto-Brightness” Feature
Auto brightness sometimes malfunctions in your battery life. so you need to turn off this feature to rescue battery health.
- Open Pixel settings and navigate to Display > Adaptive brightness
- Now make sure this feature is disabled
Fix 6. Turn off Adaptive Connectivity
Pixel phones make sure that you are always connected to the internet by smartly switching between LTE and Wifi networks. But sometimes they skip changing networks and stay connected to LTE. which drains up the battery real quick. This is the basic reason why your pixel 6 draining fast.
- Open Pixel settings and navigate to the “Network and Internet” option
- Now make sure the adaptive connectivity feature is turned off
Fix 7. Check for Software update
Pixel phones get software and patches faster than any other smartphone. developers are quick to fix any glitches which cause battery drain.
Here’s how you can check software updates:
Go to Settings > Software update and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the update process.
Battery has been better since March update for me. Mobile network usage used to be 30+ even when I used my phone. I’d get through the day but was experiencing what you’re going through. Now I can get 7 hours screen on time and still have 20% at end of day
Fix 8. Start Google Pixel 6 in Safe Mode
When you installed the new app, battery drain chances may get increase. In order to verify if a downloaded app causing the issue, you need to verify the phone is in safe mode. Here’s how you can check.
- Press and hold the Power button until the ‘Power off’ prompt appears on the screen then release
- Touch and hold Restart until the Reboot to safe mode prompt appears then release
- Tap OK to confirm
- When the phone restarts, ‘Safe mode appears in the lower-left of the unlock / home screen
If you try this and uninstall the third part app interference and your battery still drains, then give a bit of luck to the next fix below
Fix 9. Perform a factory reset on your Google Pixel 6
You need to do a factory reset to overcome the battery drain issue. This fixe might erase your phone data so make sure to backup your phone data.
- From the Home screen, swipe up to view your apps
- Tap the phone’s Settings app > System > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset) > Erase all data
- If prompted, enter your PIN or Password
- Tap Erase all data. The device will reboot and begin resetting to factory settings
Fix 10. Master reset in recovery mode
To overcome the drain issue you should perform a master reset in recovery mode. Here’s how you can:
- Turn off the device
- Press and hold the Volume down and Power key at the same time
- When you see the triangle with an exclamation point and Fastboot, release both buttons
- If you see an exclamation point and the words No Command, hold the Power key and press the Volume Up button, then release both
- Use the volume keys to highlight Wipe data/factory reset, then press the Power key
- Use the volume keys to highlight Yes, then press the Power key
- Use the volume keys to highlight the Reboot system now, then press the Power key
After this reset has been completed don’t install any app, you should check first if the battery drain issue is resolved.