Yet another issue that players are dealing with is Hogwarts Legacy Family Sharing Not Showing Issue on Steam. It’s an amazing feature in Steam that lets you enjoy the Hogwarts Legacy with your family. But players get frustrated when they can’t enable this feature anymore.
Don’t worry, we have come up with all the possible solutions that will help you to get rid of the family sharing not showing issues.
How To Fix Hogwarts Legacy Family Sharing Not Showing Issue on Steam?
Here are a few tips that you can apply to fix this issue.
1. Ensure the Game is Released in your region
You should confirm that the game has been launched completely in your area. Early access begins on February 7, 2023, at 10 AM PST/1 PM EST.
You cannot access the family-sharing feature on steam until the game is completely available in your region.
2. Re-authorized the shared Steam library
If the game is available in your region and family sharing still won’t show in Hogwarts Legacy then try to re-authorize the shared steam library.
Here’s how you can apply this fix:
- Open the Steam app and click on the “Steam” tab from the top left corner.
- Go to Settings > Downloads.
- Under “Steam Library folder” find Hogwarts Legacy and click on it.
- Click on the “Authorize library” button.
- Close Steam and relaunch it.
- Now try sharing your game again
3. Activate the Steam Guard
Make sure you have activated the steam guard. Follow these steps:
- Get to Steam Settings
- Go to Family options
- There will be Authorize option you need to check to Enable the authorize option.
- Now you can select the people you want to give game access to.
- Try to share your Hogwarts Legacy
4. Run SFC Scan
You can fix this issue by running the System File Check scan. Here is how you can apply this fix:
Open the dialog box by pressing windows Key+R > Open command prompt > Type cmd > Type SFC/scan and enter
This will check your system files and local files for any corrupted or missing files and will re-install any program files that are corrupted or missing.
5. Temporary Disable your Antivirus Programs
Antivirus programs might block important game processes. To get rid of Hogwarts Legacy Family Sharing not showing issue on steam, you can also temporarily disable your Antivirus programs.
Type Windows Defender and open it > Select Virus & Protection tab > Click Manage settings > Choose Firewall &network protection > Find the Windows Defender Firewall option and Turn off > Now check family sharing option on steam is showing > Then try sharing your game again
6. Reset Winsock
Sometimes corrupted Winsock configurations cause family sharing not to show issues on steam.
Before resetting the Winsock configurations, Do a simple IP release/renewal on your computer. sometimes it can fix the issue.
Here are steps on how you can do it:
- Open the dialogue box by pressing the Windows key + R > Type cmd and enter.
- Type ipconfig/release to run the command.
- Then type ipconfig /renew and enter.
- Type netsh int ip reset and press enter.
- Type ipconfig/flushdns and press enter.
- Now Restart your PC.
- Now check family sharing showing on steam