Hogwarts Legacy players are now highlighting another issue that is causing them to stuck on the loading screen. The issue is spread across multiple platforms PC, PS5, PS4, and Xbox users are all complaining about this problem.
Most of the time Hogwarts Legacy is stuck on the loading screen issue occurs while loading the auto or manual save file. Instead game starts from where it was left players find themselves stuck on an infinite loading screen.
The probable cause might be the corrupt game file or cache, insufficient memory, or incompatible hardware. In any case here we have explained the best ways to fix Hogwarts Legacy stuck on loading screen problem.
How To Fix Hogwarts Legacy Stuck on Loading Screen on PC, PS5, PS4, and Xbox Series X|S
We have come up with all the possible fixes that can resolve your issue.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
13 Workable Solutions For PC Users
If you are playing Hogwarts Legacy on PC then follow these steps:
1. Restart the Hogwarts Legacy
Usually restarting the game fixes the common loading problems so you should try it. To do that from the controller press the Xbox button to return to the Home screen. Press the Menu button and close the app now restart it from the Home screen.
2. Increase Max Map Account
Max map count is the maximum number of memory maps a process is allowed to make. Many players reported that this fix was helpful to resolve the loading screen issue. You can check the maximum map count by running the following command:
- cat /proc/sys/vm/max_map_count.
If the value of the max map count is 65530, try increasing it to 1000000.
3. Check the Integrity of Games Files
Sometimes corrupted and missing game files can cause this problem. Here’s how you can verify the integrity of game files:
- Launch the game’s platform, such as Steam
- Right-click on the game and select Properties
- Go to the Local Files tab and select Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Wait for the process to complete and restart the game
4. Limit FPS on PC
Many players reported that limiting FPS (frames per second) can resolve their issues. To limit FPS:
- Go to your NVIDIA Control panel
- Select “Manage 3D Settings”
- Add the game to the list of applications
- Limit FPS to around 60 or 120
- Now Restart the game
5. Modify Engine.ini File
Follow these steps:
- Head into the folder C:\Users%username%\AppData\Local\Hogwarts Legacy\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
- Open the Engine.ini file using Notepad
- Add the following lines at the bottom of the file:
After making changes, you need to save and close the file and launch the game.
6. Run the Game as an Administrator
Sometimes permission problems cause the Hogwarts Legacy stuck on the loading screen. Running the game as an administrator can mitigate this issue. Follow the steps to run the game as an administrator.
- Right-click on the game’s executable file and select Properties
- Go to the Compatibility tab
- Check the box next to Run this program as an administrator
- Apply the changes and restart the game
7. Clear the Cache Data
Cache data sometimes halt your gameplay and causes Hogwarts Legacy to stuck on the loading screen. To mitigate this issue you need to clear your cache data on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation.
8. Disable Third Party Interference
Antivirus programs might block important game processes. To resolve Hogwarts Legacy stuck on the loading screen issue, you can temporarily disable your Antivirus Programs.
- Type Windows Defender and open it
- Select the Virus & Protection tab
- Click Manage settings
- Choose Firewall &network protection
- Find the Windows Defender Firewall option and Turn off
- Now check Hogwarts Legacy Stuck on the Loading screen resolved
9. Reconnect to the Internet
Sometimes Hogwarts Legacy Stuck on the Loading screen is due to network connectivity problems. To mitigate this problem, try reconnecting to the internet and then restarting the game. In addition, try reconnecting your router or modem to reset the network connection.
10. Disable Overlay Programs
Overlay programs such as Discord, sometimes cause the game to stuck on the loading screen. Try to disable the overlay programs and see if the game starts working properly.
11. Disable Background Application
Try to close the background application because the background running application causes the game to stuck on the loading screen. After closing the background application see if the game starts working again.
12. Increase Pagefile Size & VRAM
Follow these steps:
- Type advanced system settings and hit View advanced system settings.
- Under Advanced, tap on Settings under Performance.
- Go to Advanced > Change > untick Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
- Choose the drive where you installed Windows (usually the C: drive). Tick Custom size and input 4096 in the box beside Initial size (MB) and Maximum size (MB).
- Press Set & OK to save the changes.
13. Update Graphics Drivers
some Redditors have also pointed out that the stuck-on infinite loading screen issue may also pop up when there is an outdated graphics driver on PC. So make sure to update drivers manually. However, we do recommend our readers to Download DriverEasy.
6 Workable Solutions for PS & XBOX Users
If you are Playstation or XbOX player then try this solution.
1. Power Cycle the Console (For PS Players)
If there’s any software glitch then resetting the hardware and game on your console can fix glitches that cause Hogwarts Legacy stuck on the loading screen. Follow the steps to restart your PS5 and Xbox consoles:
- Press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds
- Wait 10 seconds before unplugging the power cable from the console
- Reconnect the console’s power cable and turn it back on by pressing the button again.
2. Rebuild the Database on Playstation
Hogwarts Legacy keeps stuck on the loading screen issue arises due to corrupted data so rebuilding the database can fix the problem. This fix usually applies to resolving PS5 crashing with or without error.
- Press the Power button till you hear the second beep.
- Your console will boot up in Safe Mode.
- You are here using the controller press the PS Button.
- Select Rebuild Database (Option 5) and follow the onscreen instruction.
3. Re-load your Profile on PlayStation
Follow these steps Settings > User Accounts > Select other Option > Sign-out option > Waite for 2 minutes> Sign back
4. Reset Console to Factory Settings
If the console is stuck on the loading screen, try resetting the console to factory settings. This action will erase all of your saved data and installed games. So you should back up your data before applying this fix.
5. Check for the Server Issues
Server issues can be a problem with game connectivity. Check if there could be any server issue that might be causing Hogwarts Legacy to get stuck on the loading screen:
- Visit the official website or social media page of the game’s developer to check for any updates or notifications regarding server issues
- Check online forums or gaming communities to see if other players are encountering the same issue
6. Delete and Reinstall Hogwarts Legacy
If the Hogwarts Legacy Stuck on Loading screen persists then there may be an issue with the corrupted/missing game files. Sometimes these files can’t be fixed so the last resort is to reinstall the game.