You probably clean your office regularly, and maybe even your phone. But how often do you thoroughly clean your laptop?
The process might look intimidating, but with the right supplies, it’s an easy DIY job.
First, shut down and unplug your laptop, and make sure it’s cooled to room temperature before you do anything with the screen.
Use canned air to blow short bursts of air into the keyboard, vents, and USB ports to remove dust, but avoid sticking the compressed air stick into the vents.
Use a microfiber cloth, doused in (but not dripping with) rubbing alcohol to rub all surfaces other than your screen clean.
For your screen, you’ll want to use a clean, dry microfiber cloth to wipe with vertical or horizontal movements.
A cloth, cotton swab, and canned air will help you keep your keyboard nice and clean. But, if you’re looking for more information on cleaning a dirty laptop, you’ll find it all in this graphic!
Related Topics You Might Like:
- How To Check CPU Temp on Windows 10/11 PC
- How To Prevent Computer Overheating To Keep Your PC Cool
- 13 Best CPU Temperature Monitor Software To Download For PC
- Control CPU Fan: 9 Best PC Fan Control Software For Windows 11 & 10
- Why is my CPU Overheating? How do I keep my CPU Cool?
- What Happens When a Computer Overheats For Too Long?