If you have Android, iPhone 11/12, or Samsung devices and you want to clear your Instagram cache without deleting the app then this article is for you. Here we have explained methods on how to clear cache on Instagram
Almost all modern apps and especially those that show pictures store cache to load them faster. Overtime cache consumes more storage causing apps to perform slow or show error messages.
Apart from saving cache data Instagram also saves every search you make in the Search and Explore section. Clearing search history and clearing cache can boost the app’s performance.
How to Clear Cache on Instagram Android?
On an Android phone like Samsung, you can easily clear the Instagram cache without deleting the app or even log out of your account. The Settings app has a built-in way to clear the cache.
- Open the Android Settings and tap on Apps.
- Here you can either search for Instagram or simply scroll down to find it.
- Tab on Instagram and under Usage tap on Storage.
- From the bottom, you can see the Clear cache option and tap on it.
How to clear Instagram’s cache on an iPhone
Unfortunately, there’s no way to clear the Instagram cache on iPhone/iPad without deleting the app. To clear case data on iPhone you need to delete the app and then reinstall it again on your device. Here’s how:
- Find the Instagram app icon on your Home screen or in the App Library.
- Tap and hold your finger on the Instagram icon until a menu appears, or all the apps start to jiggle.
- Tap Remove App, or the minus sign at the top-left corner of the icon.
How to Clear Instagram Cache on PC?
You can also download Instagram on your Windows 10/11 computer. So to delete cache on PC follows these steps:
- Click your profile picture in the top right-hand corner, then click Settings.
- Click Privacy and security, then click View account data.
- Below Search history, click View all.
- Click Clear search history, then click Clear all.
How to Clear Search Cache on Instagram For Android and iPhone?
Instagram saves searches in Search and Explore to make it easier for you to find your favorite accounts and hashtags again quickly. To clear search suggestion when typing follow these steps.
- Tap on your profile or your profile picture in the bottom right.
- Tap on more options (three parallel lines) in the top right, then tap activity controls your activity.
- Tap Recent searches.
- Tap Clear all, then tap Clear all to confirm.