As PS5 is backward compatible with PS4 completely. The PS4 controller can easily connect to PS5 but it doesn’t work the other way around.
You can connect your PS5 controller to your PS4 by a USB cable and it will connect to charging. But the PS5 controller will not work on the PS4.
Remote Play to Use PS5 Controller on PS4
In order to use a PS5 controller for playing games on the PS4 you have to use the Playstation Remote Play app. You need to have a PC or use your PS5 to use the Remote Play app of your PS4.
How to Connect PS5 Controller to PS4?
You’ve to do the following steps in order to connect your PS5 controller through the Remote Play App.
- First, connect your PS5 controller to a PS5 or PC on which you want to use it.
- Start the Remote Play App on the system you’re using the PS5 controller or PC.
- You can take control of your PS4 from the Remote Play App
- The Remote Play will ask you to connect to your PS5 or PS4 if you’re using a PC to play.
- Connect with your PS4.
- Select the resolution and frame rates on which you want to play and you’re good to go.
Remote Play’s cloud system will allow you to use your PS5 controller to play with your PS4. Using this method you can easily connect your PS5 controller to your PS4 and play your PS4 games.
Remote Play works as a bridge connecting all the owned devices by you and helping you play your games on the device you want to use.