If you want to enjoy your Minecraft more be it enhanced graphics or overall gameplay, you can try downloading and installing Minecraft Mods and for this, you need JAVA as Minecraft mods are coded in Java.
You can only install Minecraft mod loaders like Forge, Fabric or Optifine, and Iris Shaders if you have Java. Moreover, to install Java you must have Minecraft: java edition.
In this article, we have a step-by-step guide for you to show how you can download and Install Java for Minecraft Mods.
How To Download & Install Java for Minecraft Mods
Step 1: Install Minecraft: Jave Edition
Firstly, you have to download and Install Minecraft: Java Edition through Minecraft Launcher which is now also available in the Microsoft store, PC game pass as well as Xbox game pass ultimately. It is simpler to download it from the Microsoft store. However, you can also download it from Minecraft.net Java Edition, and here is how you can do this.
- Go to the official website of Minecraft.net
- Now log in to the account you want to use to buy Minecraft: Java Edition by clicking on the login button at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your Microsoft Account or already existing Mojang account.
- Once you’re logged in, return to the homepage and click on the Get Minecraft button.
- Select the Computer from the list of consoles you can play through.
- Choose Minecraft: Java Edition from the available versions.
- Click on the Download button and then click on Download for Windows and click on Save in the prompt window. If you use Linux or macOS, scroll down.
- Now locate the downloaded file on your PC and to install double click on it.
- Click Next on to proceed to Minecraft Launcher Setup Wizard.
- Here you can change the default Minecraft Launcher installation destination if you want. Now click on Next.
- Click on Install to begin the installation process.
- Once the installation is finished click on Finish.
- Now launch Minecraft: Java edition on your PC and sign in with your Microsoft or Mojang account and make sure it’s running on your computer.
Step 2: Download and Install Java for Minecraft Mods
Now it is important to install Java for Minecraft: Java Edition to run Minecraft mods, and here is how you can do this.
- Go to the Download Java
- Click on the Download Java button.
- Make sure to select Java 17 and click on the file to download.
- Click on Save to download the file.
- Now Navigate to the downloaded file and double click the file and click the Next button
- Confirm the location of installation and again click the Next button and Java for Minecraft mods will begin installing. Your computer may ask for permission. Do not restart your computer or interrupt this process.
- Once Java has been installed, click the Close button. You may now restart the computer.
Step 3: Install Minecraft Mod
Now you can run the Java for Minecraft mods and if you have not installed any yet you can download and install any of the Minecraft mods like Forge.
- Go to the Curseforge: Minecraft mods
- Look for the Minecraft mod(s) you want to install on your computer.
- Now after going through the overview of a mod. Click on the Download button in the upper right corner
- Now click on the Save button. You’ll need to allow access to download the mod.
- Copy the downloaded file and Paste it into the mods folder on your PC.
- Now launch Minecraft and check if the downloaded mod is selected as your Minecraft Version.
How to Confirm If Java Is Working?
To make sure Java is working go back to whatever Minecraft Java file you want to use whether this is Forge, Optifine, Fabric, a Minecraft server, or something else. The Minecraft mod fills will now have a Java coffee cup logo as the file icon.
If the file icon isn’t the Java logo you need to run the Jarfix. This program will take all of the .jar files on your computer and link them back to Java making them work correctly.