Are you interested in the MSI Afterburner FPS Counter? Do you want your game to show FPS during gameplay?
It’s true that the MSI Afterburner shows FPS while playing the game. This tool has an advanced FPS counter which of course is an amazing feature of MSI Afterburner. Additionally, this tool also lets its users overclock GPU, and control fan speed on PC.
But many users ask how to enable the FPS counter in MSI Afterburner to see the framerate.
In this article, we have explained simple steps on how to use MSI Afterburner to show FPS. Follow these steps to activate the MSI FPS counter. If MSI afterburner not showing FPS then don’t worry we have also covered this part as well.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
What’s the Ideal Framerate to Play Smooth Games?
As a rule of thumb, most games run smoother at 60 FPS. Most gamers also agree with this range of 60 FPS and above makes your game more responsive. They also agree that anything less than 30 FPS is unplayable, and rubbish.
At 60 FPS there will be 16.67/ms (millisecond) between every frame. Meaning that if you move your mouse it will take 16.67ms before this action is reflected on your screen. This excludes additional latencies such as input lag and lag introduced by the game.
How to Enable FPS Counter in MSI Afterburner
Using MSI Afterburner to turn on the FPS counter is quite easy. Follow these steps:
Step 1. Download and Install MSI Afterburner
If you are new to using this tool then first download the latest version of MSI Afterburner. Just visit the official site look for the (For Windows) Version and download the file.
Once you are done with the download you will see a Zip folder extract the file and run the installation setup to completely install this tool. Make sure that checkbox for the RivaTuner Statistics Server is checked.
Step 2. Turn on MSI Afterburner On-screen display settings
Now Run Afterburner and click on the Gear icon to open its settings.
Within the settings click on the Monitoring tab and select any or all hardware monitoring options you want to show in the On-Screen Display.
To use MSI Afterburner to show FPS check the box “Framerate“. Once you have selected the required monitoring and FPS display option, make sure to check the checkbox for the Show in On-screen display.
Step 3. Enable Global On-Screen Display Hotkeys
Now you need to configure the hotkeys to turn on and off the MSI FPS counter. Click on the On-Screen Display Tab in the Settings.
Under the Global on-screen display hotkeys section, set up the keys by pressing the keyboard buttons. To show MSI FPS counter while gaming press F10 (select any key). Click on Apply and then OK.
How to Show FPS and Temp In-Game
Once you have set up the FPS counter and temp readings. You can enable MSI in-game overlay by pressing the F10 key.
How To Show FPS and Temperature In-Game
If you want to use third-party FPS counter software then many PC games have their own FPS counter and temp monitor. While playing games you can turn on the FPS, if you know the exact settings or commands.
You can enable FPS in-game in the following popular games.
- Call of Duty: Warzone: Go to Options > General > Telemetry and enable Frames Per Second (FPS) Counter.
- Dota 2: Head to Settings > Options > Advanced Options > Display Network Information.
- Fortnite: Look under Settings > Video > Show FPS.
- League of Legends: Press Ctrl+F in-game to view frame rate and latency stats.
- Overwatch: Check Options > Video > Display Performance Stats, and expand the Advanced menu to enable extra stats.
- Valorant: Open Settings > Video > Stats, then set the Client FPS to show text, graph, or both.
What If MSI Afterburner does Not Show FPS
If the MSI Afterburner not showing or displaying the FPS counter, then you need to make sure that:
- You have installed the latest version of MSI Afterburner along with the updated RivaTuner Statistics Server.
- If you are already using the latest version then try to download the previous version.
- You have actually selected the Framerate option within the Monitoring Tab.
- Also, make sure that the RivaTuner Statistics Server (RTSS) sets the application detection level to Low, and enables On-Screen Display support.
Still MSI Afterburner Framerate not showing, then it may be because the game you are playing doesn’t allow third-party FPS counter to run. It may also be due to games playing in trusted Mode.
If you want an on-screen Display, you need to add or allow third-party software.