Many players are facing login errors while playing Overwatch 2 with a message that “Sorry we are unable to log you in.”
This is because overwatch 2 servers are overloaded with players, and servers are working out of their capacity. Another reason for this cause is there have been known DDoS attacks from third parties.
Due to these issues, you are getting Overwatch 2 login errors. But Don’t worry, you are not going to stay in this frustrating situation. We have gathered fixes from different forums. You can get rid of the login error issues by applying these fixes.
How to Fix Overwatch 2 Login Error “Unable to log you in”?
Apply the following fixes in your case.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
1. Check the Internet Connection
First, you need to check your internet connection and make sure that you are connected to a stable and strong internet connection. The unstable internet connection causes the login error “Unable to log you in” while playing Overwatch 2.
2. Check Server Status
If the Overwatch 2 server status is not stable or down then it will cause the “Unable to log in” issue. You need to check if the servers are working properly. If you have noticed that servers are offline then wait until they get back online.
3. Use the Ethernet Cable
A wired connection is the most stable to play online games. Try to attach an ethernet cable to your PC or laptop so that you don’t get a login error code.
4. Change DNS
Changing the DNS settings can make the internet speedy and will help you to mitigate the Overwatch 2 login error.
Here’s how you can change DNS:
- Right-click the Network icon.
- Go to Network and Internet Settings.
- Choose Ethernet/Wireless.
- Select Private Network.
- Scroll down and look for DNS Server Assignment.
- Press Edit > Enable IPv4.
- Type 18.104.22.168 as your preferred DNS.
- Enter 22.214.171.124 as your alternative DNS.
- Save the settings, and you will be good to go.
5. Scan Game files
Sometimes missing and corrupted game files due to bugs of recent updates can cause the login error. Scan and Repairing the game files can fix this issue:
- Launch the Battle.net client and click on Overwatch 2.
- Click on the Gear icon and select Scan and Repair.
- Now click on Begin Scan and wait for the process to complete.
- Close the Battle.net launcher, and restart your PC once done.
6. Update Overwatch 2
If you are using an outdated overwatch 2 game then make sure to use the updated game patch if available. Because an outdated game version may cause many glitches and also cause login errors.
So Here’s how you can update Overwatch 2:
- Open the Battle.net launcher > Click on the Blizzard logo from the top left corner.
- Go to Settings > Click on Game Install/Update.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page > Click on Apply latest updates and download future patch data for recently played games. to enable it.
- Now, click on Done to save changes > Restart the Battle.net launcher to apply changes.
- It will automatically update the game to the available version.
7. Reboot the PC
If Overwatch 2 Login Error “Unable to log you in” is still not fixed then try to reboot your PC to refresh any potential system glitches that cause the login error issue. Many players reported that restarting their PC can solve.
8. Reinstall Overwatch 2
If scanning and repairing the game files did not help you to fix this issue, then you need to reinstall the overwatch 2. In this way, temporary glitches along with login errors would be mitigated.