Is your SteelSeries Arctis 1 Mic not working on Windows PC? Many users have complained that while playing games or using discord their mic stopped working. They can’t talk with their friends however the headset work just fine.
In most cases, Arctis 1 mic not working issue is temporary but sometimes users can’t make it work.
If you are also dealing with this issue and have recently bought this all-platform wired gaming headset. Then before you contact their support apply the below-mentioned tips.
How to Fix SteelSeries Arctis 1 Headset Mic Not Working
Apply the below-mentioned fixes to make your favorite mic work again.
If you have Realtek high definition audio driver then delete it and then restart your PC
1. Unmute your Microphone
Firstly you need to check if your SteelSeries Arctis 1 mic is muted. There is a button on the left earcup, check if the button is pushed towards the mute end. If that’s the case then your mic will not work.
2. Allow access to the Microphone
If the Mic button is turned on and your Windows 11/10 won’t detect the mic then your PC may lack the necessary permissions. Check if you have allowed apps to access your microphones.
Follow these steps.
- Press the Windows logo key and type Microphone
- Select to open Microphone Privacy Settings
- Under the Let app access your microphone makes sure that it’s turned ON.
- Scroll down and choose those apps that can access your microphone.
Now check if your mic is working for the app you are using.
3. Update Your Audio Drivers
Another cause that is preventing SteelSeries Arctis 1 Mic from working or detecting is the outdated audio drivers. Make sure that you have installed the latest audio drivers on your Windows 11/10 PC.
Follow these steps to update drivers.
Open Device Manager > Click on Audio inputs and outputs > Click on driver names that come under the drop-down menu > Select Update drivers > Click on search automatically for drivers > Install the new version of drivers.
Best Alternate To Update Audio Driver
Although you can download audio drivers from developers’ sites there are chances that you might end up installing the wrong drivers.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
If you are a newbie or you don’t have time to waste then we recommend you download Driver Easy on your Windows PC.
This program is a professional system driver updater that automatically scans a PC’s old driver and updates them instantly.
4. Enable Playback Device From Sound Settings
You should enable the playback devices from your sound settings, Here’s how you can apply this fix:
Open Control Panel > Select Large icons > Select Sound option > Right-click on empty spaces and checkmark the Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices > Choose Enable option > Click OK
5. Change the Microphone Settings Manually
Usually, windows detect your connected microphone automatically, but if windows do not detect Arctis 1 Mic then you need to set the SteelSeries Arctis 1 as the default device manually.
Here’s how you can do this:
- Right-click on the sound icon and select Sounds.
- Go to the Recording tab, and make sure your Headset Microphone is set as the default device. If not, select your headphone and click Set Default.
- Make sure it shows your headset name correctly and shows strong signals, If headphones are shown as something else such as Wireless Controller, it shows something wrong with your mic settings, You need to reconnect your headset.
- If the display name and signal are normal, then click on the Headset Microphone
- Click Properties.
- Click the Levels tab, then drag the volume slider toward the largest value (100).
Click OK to apply changes, then click OK on the last window.
7. Install the latest SteelSeries Engine Software
If nothing works then it means that the microphone problem is on the SteelSeries Engine Software’s end.
Press the Windows logo key and R > Type appwiz.cpl > Enter > Click on SteelSeries Engine > Uninstall > Download the latest version of SteelSeries Engine that is GG > Select operating system to start downloading > Run this file > Follow on-screen instructions > Replug your SteelSeries Arctis 1 into your computer.