Forget the internet! This guide unlocks the secrets of playing Minecraft offline on your Windows 11/10 PC.
Dive into the depths of single-player mode, conquer caves without lag, and build magnificent creations at your own pace. No logins, no updates, just pure, unadulterated blocky bliss.
So grab your pickaxe, prepare your crafting table, and get ready to embark on an offline odyssey in the wondrous world of Minecraft!
Can You Play Minecraft Offline?
Yes, Minecraft can be played offline. You just have to set up things or make changes to some configurations to force the game to operate without an internet connection.
How to Play Minecraft Java Edition Offline
Method 1: Select the “Play Offline” Feature
The easiest way is to open the Minecraft launcher and click on “Login” in the lower right corner. Leave the username and password fields blank.
Now select “Play Offline.” Minecraft will launch, and you will now be playing offline.
Method 2: Change Minecraft Server Info
Follow these steps:
💡This method is only applicable if you have your server or access to a friend’s server.
- Locate and open the “Minecraft Server” folder on your computer. By default you can find it C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\servers
- Within the game remove the checkmark next to the server name to temporarily stop it from running.
- Now open the “server.properties” file using a text editor like Notepad.
- Find the line “online-mode=true” within the properties list.
- Change the value from “true” to “false” so it reads “online-mode=false”.
- This disables online mode on the server.
- Save the changes and close the text editor.
- Put the checkmark back next to the server name.
- Double-click the server to restart it with the updated settings.
- Open the Minecraft Launcher.
- Click the “Login” button at the bottom right corner.
- Choose “Play Offline” from the options.
- Select your Minecraft server from the list and start playing offline.
How to Play Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Offline on a PC
To play Minecraft Windows, 10 Edition offline steps are slightly different.
The Windows 10 edition requires your PC internet connection to be set to Minecraft offline mode. the device on which you intend to play Minecraft offline exists as a designed offline device. Microsoft only lets you change your designated offline device three times per year.
Before applying the offline steps you need to make sure that your Windows 10 edition is updated. For that follow these steps:
- Sign in to the Microsoft Store.
- Click your user account and choose Settings.
- Under it choose Offline Permissions. Make sure the toggle is On.
Now, this device will be designated as offline and you can play Minecraft offline.
- Launch Minecraft.
- Sign in to your Xbox Live account.
- When you start playing, you can exit if you want.
How to Play Minecraft Bedrock Edition Offline on PC
For PC users Minecraft Bedrock Edition is not common and the process to play it as offline is also different. Minecraft Bedrock Edition typically comes in a bundle, for these platforms i.e. Windows 10 OS, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and others.
Follow these steps:
- First, open Minecraft.
- Minecraft Bedrock edition has a glassy block icon.
- Click on Play.
- When you see the list of available games, Select or Create a New World.
- Double-click on the single-player game under the Worlds tab
- You can create a new world this way: Click on Create New at the top of the menu.
- Fill the box for Name with your preferred name.
- Now, you must choose a game mode and select your preferred difficulty level through the options from the down-down menus on the right.
- Click on Create.
You also need to download Minecraft Realms Game on PC and then follow these steps:
- Open Minecraft and click on Play
- Click on the Pencil icon
The configuration menu for Minecraft Realms Game will come up now.
- Here, download World under Activate Cheats.
- Click on the back arrow icon.
- You will be directed to the previous menu or screen.
Now, you must double-click on your copy of Minecraft Realms Game. The package is supposed to be listed under the Worlds tab.
If you perform the tasks correctly, Minecraft will now act to load the game in single-player mode. You will now be able to play the game without an internet connection.