There are way too many temp readings, I used speed fan and CPU temp was at 87 and aux at 75, someone told me to download CPUID HWMonitor, but now I don’t understand the readings. So, how do I read my CPU readings from HWMonitor?https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-do-i-read-my-cpu-readings-from-hwmonitor.2128314/
So if you are new to build your PC or just got worried about the strange fan noise coming out of your PC. And you are thinking to check your PC CPU temperature then HWMonitor is really the No.1 choice.
It is considered to be the best temperature monitoring tool for Windows 10 PC. It displays current temp readings, fan speed, motherboard temp, voltage, etc. Most of the time the information that this temp utility displays the users get overwhelmed.
So If you are new to use this utility and you are looking for a guide on how to read HWMonitor. Then you are at the right place here we will explain which HWMonitor reading is relevant for you and which isn’t.
What is HWmonitor?
As already explained HWMonitor is a CPU temperature monitoring tool designed to show you CPU thermal readings. This tool helps you to maintain normal CPU temperature so that your PC never overheats.
Now its latest version 1.43 has the ability to monitor GPU temperature but still, it can’t control CPU fan speed. After all, it’s the best free temp monitoring software.
How to Read HWMonitor?
This tool divide information into 5 different sections. Some of them are very important for you especially if you want to overclock your CPU and the rest are less important.
If you only want to use HWMonitor to check PC CPU temperature then you need to focus on only one section that is Temperature below Voltage section.
Now before you try to read what this utility showing you, first, take a deep breath, then hold it and exhale slowly.
This tool shows information in 5 major categories. These are;
- On top, it shows the Motherboard manufacturer’s name, voltage, temperature, and motherboard fans speed in RPM.
- Then comes CPU name, model, voltage, temperature, power, and utilization
- Then Hard Drive name, model, temperature, and utilization.
- GPU temperature, clock speed, and utilization.
- If you are running it on a laptop PC then it will show you the battery model, voltage, capacity, and levels.
Out of these 5 categories, there only one section which is most important. That is your CPU temperature.
- In the above picture, you can see that there are only 5 temp readings for i7-3770 CPU. Each displaying the individual core temperature and one for the package. The package shows the temperature on the CPU die.
- The second most important section is your GPU temp. While playing games GPU temp tends to increase but if it is fluctuating while playing the game then there clearly a problem with your GPU. It might be overheating. (Prevent Computer Overheating)
- The third most important part is to monitor your CPU fan speed. You should know what is the ideal CPU fan speed in RPM so that you may know if there’s an anomaly.
What are Tmpin0, Tmpin1, and Tmpin2 in HWMonitor?
The motherboard is the primary source from where HWMonitor gathers data. The chip provides the values reported for voltages, temperatures. The TMPIN0 is the CPU socket temp, TMPIN1 is an ambient motherboard temperature sensor, and fan sensors, TMPIN2 is for chipset denoting southbridge or northbridge.
What is HWMonitor CPU package temp?
The package temp is considered to be the core temp around the pin and die. It the most accurate temp reading.