Did Mojang release a new game patch and you are looking for a way to update Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on your Windows 10 or 11 PC?
Although Minecraft Window 10 Edition is supposed to be automatically updated via the Microsoft store. There are still many users who report that they can’t update Minecraft Windows 10 edition.
Here is in this article we have explained how you can update Minecraft Windows 10 Edition and what to do it won’t update?
Read Also: How to Play Minecraft Offline on Windows 10 PC
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Can I update Minecraft Windows 10 without Microsoft Store?
If you are sure that you are playing Minecraft Windows 10 edition on your PC then you can’t update it without the help of the Microsoft Store.
For other versions like Java Edition, Bedrock, or Pocket Edtion you can update them using the Minecraft launcher.
Read Also: Fix: Minecraft Launcher Won’t Open in Windows 10/11
How to update Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on Windows 10 & 11?
Before updating the Minecraft Windows 10 edition, you need to update your Windows 10 to the latest version. Otherwise, you will see an error code 0x80070490 that relates to a Windows update error.
If you have already updated your Win 10 or 11 operating system then follow these steps:
- Press Windows key + S and type store. Type Microsoft Store and click to open it.
- Click the Library button in the bottom left.
- You can now click the Get updates button to start downloading updates for all apps.
- You can also simply click the Download icon next to Minecraft to get the latest updates.
This is the easiest way to update Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.
Related: How To Update Games on PS4 (Auto & Manual)
Fix: Minecraft Windows 10 edition won’t update
In case Minecraft won’t update then follow these methods that will surely help you resolve the problem.
Fix 1: Reset Minecraft
- Press the Windows logo key + I together to open Settings.
- Click Apps > Apps & features.
- In the right panel, scroll down and find Minecraft.
- Under its name click on the Advanced options appearing in blue color.
- Click Reset.
- Go to Microsoft Store and check for updates.
Fix 2: Reinstall Minecraft
Most of the time reinstalling the game fixes the problem. Follow these steps:
- Press the Windows logo + R key to type appwiz.cpl and then press Enter.
- Right-click on Minecraft and click Uninstall.
- Now again press the Windows logo + R and type %Appdata% then hit Enter.
- Find the .minecraft folder and delete it.
- Go to Minecraft’s official website to download the latest version.
- Install and run the program to check.
Related: How to Fix Minecraft Keeps Crashing on PC
How to force update Minecraft on Windows 10?
If you are playing Minecraft Java Edition then you can also force the launcher to install the latest update. Here’s how to do it.
Method 1. Use the Force update option
- Run the Minecraft Launcher.
- Click the Options button.
- Select the Force update option
- Click log in to update the game.
- Press the Done button.
How can I update Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on Windows 11?
Updating Minecraft Windows Edition on Windows 11 is the same as on the previous OS since it’s a Windows Universal App.
If you’re on Windows 11, feel free to try all the solutions mentioned in this guide and they will surely work on the latest version as well.
Minecraft is not on the list of apps in Microsoft Store
If you can’t find Minecraft in the Microsoft store it means either you have its Java Edition or any other but not Windows 10 edition.
In case you are sure that you are playing Windows 10 edition and still it’s not showing up in the MS store then there may be glitch.
First, try to Restart your PC and if it still doesn’t solve the problem then uninstall Minecraft from your PC and reinstall it using the MS store.
When I update Minecraft, I receive a “Try that again, Something went wrong” error
After you update Minecraft Windows 10 edition and when trying to play it you might see an error code 0x80070490.
This error is related to Windows Update, make sure that you have updated Windows 10/11 OS.