If you’re a Hulu user and frequently experience crashes while watching your favorite TV shows and movies on Firestick or Smart TV, you’re not alone. This issue can be caused by various reasons such as outdated software, corrupt cache data, low device memory, and server downtime of the Hulu App.
However, there’s no need to panic as there are several troubleshooting steps that you can take to resolve this problem and get back to enjoying uninterrupted streaming.
In this article, we will guide you through the step-by-step process to fix Hulu keeps crashing on Firestick and Smart TV, so that you can continue enjoying your favorite content without any interruptions.
How To Fix Hulu Keeps crashing on Firestick & Smart TV?
Here are the best ways to help you cure your issue if Hulu continues crashing on your Firestick or smart TV.
1. Basic Things To-do
- Make sure your internet connection is reliable and fast. Try moving your router higher and closer to your TV. It will also be much preferable to use an Ethernet cable than a wireless connection.
- Sometimes, Hulu has server problems. Hulu may keep crashing as a result of this. Visit Downdetector to check for server outages and see how Hulu is performing as a service. You will be able to see the outcomes in the form of a live failure card and customer complaints.
- A power cycle is another easy fix for Hulu’s recurrent crashes.
Remove the TV and router plugs. After a few minutes, connect the router’s power cord. Plug in your TV and turn it on after your router has started.
- You should ensure Hulu is compatible with your TV if you experience frequent Hulu crashes after switching the device. To find out if your device is compatible, simply visit the Hulu Help Center. Instead, you can use a PC and a web browser like Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to view Hulu if the current one is incompatible.
2. Clear Cache and Data
The temporary files and data are beneficial to overall speed, but sometimes, damaged files might make Hulu crash frequently. So, when Hulu keeps crashing, it is advised to delete the cookies and cache. To clear the cache and data on Firestick and Smart TV follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Apps on your TV after turning it on.
- Go down to Hulu in the list of applications, click it, and then select Clear cache and Clear data from the drop-down menu.
- Restart your smart TV to see whether Hulu is functioning properly.
3. Update the Firmware
The mismatch between the firmware of your device and the Hulu app is another cause of Hulu crashes. This problem can be solved by updating your firmware. To accomplish this: Open Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now.
4. Change the Resolution
Hulu may be streaming at a higher quality than your TV can handle if it keeps crashing while you are viewing a long movie or serial. In this situation, you must reduce the resolution to see if the problem has been resolved.
- Launch Hulu, then select Profile.
- Choose Settings > Cellular Data Usage > Save Data from the menu.
- Leave the Settings and watch some more television to see whether the Hulu app keeps crashing.
5. Turn Off Unused Services(Firestick)
Turning down unnecessary services is a common way to lighten the burden on your Firestick and keep it away from crashing. You can modify the amount of streaming live, and on-demand services that are enabled by default on your Firestick to your benefit. The more resources your Firestick utilizes, the more likely are apps to crash! To disable services on Firestick, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings using the controller for your Firestick.
- From the list, choose the “Applications” tab.
- Choose “Manage Installed Applications.”
- Make a note of the services you want to stop.
- Highlighted any app that is not frequently used.
- Tap on “Options” and pick “Force Stop”.
- For every unnecessary service, repeat the process.
6. Reinstall the Hulu Application
It could be a good idea to uninstall and reinstall Hulu if it keeps crashing on your device. To do so, follow the steps below:
For Smart TV:
- Choose the Hulu app from the main menu of the smart TV.
- By pressing the asterisk or star (*) button on your Smart TV remote control, then choosing Remove Channel.
- Power-cycle your device by turning it off for one minute.
- Choose Add Channel after finding Hulu from the Channel Store.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Hulu > Uninstall from the sidebar of the main menu.
- Turn off your device for one minute to do a power cycle.
- Re-download the application by heading to Search, typing “Hulu,” choosing the Hulu app, and then clicking Download when it has finished.
7. Restore the Streaming Device to Factory Settings
You can attempt to restore the default settings on your devices. Any application and damaged data on your devices that is causing Hulu to crash will be deleted throughout this procedure.
For Smart TV:
- Press the HELP button on the TV remote control or the (Input) button, then choose “Help.”
- Choose Manual (Help Guide).
- Choose Settings.
- Choose Using the Quick Settings> Settings >System >About >Reset >Factory data reset >Erase everything >Yes.
- Press the Play/Pause button on your remote for a few seconds.
- Choose “Reset” from the reset option that has appeared.
- To begin the reset, press the “Select” button on the remote control.
- To complete the procedure, follow the on-screen instructions.
8. Turn Off the VPN
Hulu is only available in the United States, U.S. territories, and U.S. military bases. If you are trying to access Hulu from an unsupported country or region, you may face issues such as the app crashing or failing to launch.
Additionally, using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to access Hulu can also cause the app to crash, as VPNs can sometimes slow down internet speed and lead to video buffering on Hulu.
To resolve this issue, try turning off your VPN and refreshing your device’s internet connection by restarting your router or enabling/disabling Wi-Fi or cellular data.
8. Contact Hulu Support
Your last option for fixing the Hulu crashing problem code is to chat online with the Hulu support staff if none of the above-mentioned techniques were helpful for you. The Hulu support team could help with more troubleshooting.