If you own an iPhone 14 Pro or Max and are experiencing problems with its keyboard not working, you’re not alone. Many users have reported issues such as iPhone 14 Pro and Max keyboard not working, appearing or popping up, not showing up on text fields, or even switching to numbers.
There are several factors that cause this problem. One possible cause of the iPhone keyboard not working issue could be a software glitch, particularly with the iOS 14 operating system. If this is the case, try restarting your device or updating it to the latest version of iOS.
In case you are still dealing with this issue then here are solutions that you can try to fix the problem
How To Fix iPhone 14 Pro and Max Keyboard Not Working Issue
Let’s explore the solutions to fix your iPhone 14 Pro or 14 Pro Max keyboard not working issue.
1. Check for Software Updates
To ensure that your iPhone 14 Pro or 14 Pro Max is up to date and to rule out software glitches as the cause of your keyboard issues, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on General.
- If there is an available software update, tap on Download and Install to install it on your device.
- After installing the update, check to see if the keyboard is working.
- If the keyboard still isn’t showing up, navigate to the keyboard settings and check to ensure that your preferred keyboard is selected.
2. Remove it from charging
Sometimes, when you charge your iPhone 14 Pro with cheap chargers or on trains and planes, your keyboard may not work. To fix this problem, unplug your phone from charging and see if the keyboard works.
3. Remove Third-Party Keyboards
If you’ve installed third-party keyboards on your iPhone 14 Pro or 14 Pro Max, there’s a possibility that the keyboard may not show up or work. In this case, resetting your phone might be necessary. Here are the simple steps to remove third-party keyboards:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on General.
- Select Keyboard.
- Tap on Keyboards.
- Swipe left to remove a third-party keyboard.
- Tap Delete to confirm.
- Repeat these steps for each third-party keyboard installed.
- After removing the third-party keyboards, check to see if the keyboard appears and works.
4. Close Background running Apps
To troubleshoot the keyboard not working issue on your iPhone 14 Pro or 14 Pro Max, try closing all open apps. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and drag all open app cards up to close them. After closing all open apps, open the Notes app to see if the keyboard is working.
6. Clean iPhone Screen
It’s important to remember that your iPhone 14 Pro is water-resistant, not waterproof, and you should not use the keyboard while it’s wet or underwater. Also, on hot days, if you’ve been on a long phone call, sweat, and body oils can transfer to the screen, causing the keyboard and touch screen to stop working.
To fix this issue, use a soft dry cloth to wipe the entire screen. After cleaning the screen, the keyboard on your iPhone 14 Pro should work again.
7. Turn off the One-Handed Keyboard
To fix the keyboard not working issue on your iPhone 14 Pro or 14 Pro Max, you can try turning off the one-handed keyboard feature.
Open the Settings app, go to General, then Keyboard. On the Keyboard settings screen, tap One-Handed Keyboard, and instead of choosing Left or Right, select Off.
This may solve the issue and allow your keyboard to function.
8. Disable the keyboard click sound
Try turning off the Keyboard Clicks setting. To do this,
Go to the iPhone Settings, select Sounds & Haptics, and toggle off the Keyboard Clicks option.
Once you’ve turned off Keyboard Clicks, try using the iOS keyboard again to see if it functions.
9. Disable dictation
Go to Settings > General > Keyboard. From here, turn off Enable Dictation. Now check if the keyboard works now or not.
10. Remove the screen protector
Those who are experiencing issues with some letters on your iPhone 14 Pro or 14 Pro Max, could be due to the screen protector. Try removing the screen protector to see if that solves the problem.
11. Restore Your iPhone
Here are the steps to restore your iPhone to its factory settings:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a lightning cable.
- On a Mac, open Finder or iTunes. On a Windows PC, open iTunes.
- Select your iPhone from the device list.
- Click on the “Restore” button to start the restoration process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the restoration process.
- Once the restoration is complete, you will need to set up your iPhone as new or restore it from a backup.
- Check the keyboard settings to ensure it is working.
Note: It is important to back up your data before restoring your iPhone to factory settings as all data and settings will be erased.