Do you want to keep all your inventory after death in Minecraft but don’t know how to do that? Don’t worry about it! In this article, we’ll explain how you can keep your inventory after you die in Minecraft.
Unfortunately, all of your items are released and lost automatically in your inventory after you die and you will have to respawn your Minecraft world with an empty inventory. But fortunately, you are reading this article.
For some Minecraft players, the most irritating or disappointing moment is losing all their inventory whenever they die. Frustrating in the sense that more time and patience are required in collecting and storing good items in the inventory. After losing them you have to spend the same amount of time again collecting and storing those items.
But now you don’t need to feel aggrieved. Cheer up! and keep reading this article to know about the solution.
Supported Platforms For Keep Inventory Command to Work in Minecraft?
|Java Edition (PC/Mac)||Yes (1.4.2)|
|Pocket Edition (PE)||Yes (1.0.5)|
|Xbox One||Yes (1.2)|
|Nintendo Switch||Yes (1.5.0)|
|Windows 10 Edition||Yes (1.0.5)|
Enable Commands/cheats in Minecraft
What is the keep inventory command? To prevent your inventory from losing after death in Minecraft, you have to enable cheats and use commands. You need to create a world that should support cheats. Here is the guide on how you can enable the Minecraft keep inventory command on both (Bedrock and Java) editions.
When you turn on keep inventory command, the game will notify you that achievements will be disabled as long as this option remains on. If you’re okay with that, only then proceed.
How to Keep Inventory When You Die in Minecraft Bedrock edition on Windows, Android, iOS, PS, and Xbox consoles and iPadOS devices?
How to turn on keep inventory? Here are the instructions given below to enable commands or cheats in the Minecraft Bedrock edition. This applies to Windows, Android, iOS, PS, and Xbox consoles and iPad OS devices.
- First of all, press the ESC key or the platform’s dedicated pause key to open the pause menu.
- Now click on the Settings option.
- Navigate to the Game section from the left side of the panel and turn on the Activate Cheats toggle under the Cheats section from the right side panel.
How to Keep Inventory When You Die in Minecraft Java Edition on Windows, Linux, macOS?
How to turn on keep inventory in Minecraft java? Here you can find instructions to keep inventory command in Minecraft Java edition. You can apply these cheats on Windows, Linux, macOS, and Chrome OS with Minecraft Java edition.
- First of all, go to the Game Menu in Minecraft and then click on Open to LAN.
- Next, turn on the Allow Cheats toggle.
- To enable and start the use of cheats select Start LAN World
To change the game rules you will use the chat window to run commands in Minecraft.
- So, to open the chat window press the T key.
- Then type /gamerule keepInventory true command in the chat window, and press the Enter key. This command will be shown in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- After pressing the Enter key, the game rule will be applied to your world.
- You should notice the message Gamerule keepInventory is now set to: true in chat if you followed the instructions properly.
- Now you can keep the inventory after you die in Minecraft.
- A Respawn window will appear on your screen after you die in Minecraft. (To prevent losing all of the items, keep in mind not to throw your item when you die).
- Click on the Respawn button to restart the game, and your items are still there in the Hotbar.
Whenever you return to the world you have to repeat the same procedure to turn on the keep inventory because exiting the world disables cheats so you can lose inventory.
How to Keep Inventory When You Die in Minecraft on Mobile (Android and iOS)?
If you are irritated with losing all of your inventory, when you die in Minecraft on mobile or pocket edition then this section is for you. Minecraft on your mobiles is also supported to keep inventory command.
The method to turn on the Minecraft command to keep inventory is somehow similar on iOS and Android devices.
- Open the Minecraft Pocket Edition App on your Android or iOS.
- Next, click on the chat icon at the top-middle of the display.
- Type the /gamerule keepInventory true command in the Chat window/chatbox.
- Press the Enter key.
- Now your inventory is saved successfully.
- A Respawn window will appear on your screen after you die in Minecraft.
- Tap on Respawn on your screen to rejoin the world with your inventory.
How to Keep Inventory When You Die in Minecraft on PS4 and Xbox One?
The procedure to keep inv command on Minecraft is quite similar between PS4 and Xbox. You will have to enable cheats in your game and execute them to perform this action. After the chats are on, you have to follow the steps given below:
- Press the right D-Pad button on your console controller to open the chat screen.
- Then type /gamerule keepInventory true then press Enter to change the game rule in your world.
- The command is activated and your items are still there in the Hotbar.
- Now restart the game by clicking the Respawn button after you die
Why does Minecraft Keep Inventory Command not Working?
Some players complained that the command to keep inventory in Minecraft won’t work. So the answer is, maybe you have miss-typed the command for example True instead of true due to autocorrect OR missed the slash or any letter then the command does not apply. So make sure your entered command should be correct to apply the game rule perfectly.
Will I be Ban For Using The Keep Inventory command in Minecraft?
Minecraft keep inventory command is considered a cheat and if you are using it while playing the multiplayer games you might get banned. It’s totally illegal to advantage over other players.
However, if you are playing Minecraft solo then there is no restriction. The “Keep Inventory command” is only enabled in those worlds that are able to adopt cheating codes.
Can I Turn On Keep Inventory Command in any Minecraft Editions?
To keep the inventory command intact you should have operator status on the server.
You May Also Like
- How To Show FPS In Minecraft | Complete Guide
- How To Fix Minecraft no sound on PC
- How to Update Minecraft Windows 10 Edition
- How To Reduce Minecraft Lagging Issue on PC
- How to Fix Minecraft Low FPS on High-End PC
- How To Fix Minecraft Launcher Won’t Open in Windows 10/11
- How to Play Minecraft Offline on Windows 10 PC
- How To Fix Minecraft Not Responding on Windows 10 PC
- How To Fix Minecraft Won’t Launch On Windows 10/11
- How to Fix Minecraft Keeps Crashing on PC
- How To Fix Minecraft PS4 Not Loading Stuck on Mojang Screen