Logitech gaming software not opening? Logitech gaming software not detecting? Here’s a Solution!
Logitech Gaming Software not opening because either its process is already running or the Windows firewall preventing it from running. In some cases, it won’t open because it lacks administrative access.
If this tool doesn’t work or you can’t install or run it properly then we have found the solution.
How to Fix Logitech Gaming Software Not Opening on Windows 10 PC?
Table of Contents
How to Fix Logitech Gaming Software Not Opening on Windows 10 PC?
- Solution 1: Restart the Logitech Process in Task Manager
- Solution 2: Clean Reinstall Logitech Gaming Software
- Solution 3: Allow Logitech Gaming Software in Windows Firewall
- Solution 4: Run Logitech Gaming Software as an Administrator
- Solution 5. Run This Program in Compatibility Mode
- Solution 6: Run SFC and DISM Scan
- Solution 7: Devices Having 3.0 USB Port
- Solution 8: Perform a Clean boot
- Logitech Gaming Software – FAQ
Interested! Check out the Amazing Logitech Gaming Mouse at Affordable Prices
Solution 1: Restart the Logitech Process in Task Manager
A clean shutdown and restarting the process can solve this issue. Usually, the Logitech gaming software is meant to start with Windows.
When you open this tool again it tricks the Windows into thinking that it’s already open when it isn’t.
Follow these steps below.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc (Alternatvely press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key) together to open the Task Manager.
- In the process tab search for Logitech Gaming Framework, choose Logitech gaming software, and click End Task.
Now check to see if it has fixed the Logitech gaming software won’t open problem. If the software still not working then try to disable it from Startup.
See Also: Fixed: NZXT Cam Not Opening
Solution 2: Clean Reinstall Logitech Gaming Software
If you perform a clean reinstall it can fix the problem. Most of the time when users uninstall the program it left traces that hinder the program. So follow these steps:
- Press the Windows + R then type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- Locate the software double-click on it to uninstall.
- Now go to the following location, C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Logitech
- Delete the folder and then again reinstall the gaming software from the site.
Solution 3: Allow Logitech Gaming Software in Windows Firewall
Another reason Logitech Gaming Software not opening on Windows 10 is the Windows firewall won’t let it run. The Windows defender firewall protects your PC from malware.
So if you give permissions in the firewall this problem will be resolved.
- Press Windows logo key in the Windows 10 and type windows defender firewall in the search bar and press Enter.
- Now click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall from the left side list.
- Click Change settings then navigate to the folder where you have installed Logitech Gaming Software (C:\Program Files (x86) by default), open the folder, and choose the LCore.exe file.
- After click OK. Restart your computer.
Solution 4: Run Logitech Gaming Software as an Administrator
Some software needs administrative access to fully utilize its features. If you provide administrative permission you can easily fix Logitech Gaming Software’s not opening issue.
Follow these steps:
- Right-Click on the software’s exe file and choose Properties. Click on the Compatibility tab and check the box Run this program as an administrator.
Solution 5. Run This Program in Compatibility Mode
You will face Logitech Gaming Software not opening an issue if the software or the Windows 10 is incompatible with each other. So if you run this program in compatibility mode you can fix the “not working” problem. Follow these steps:
- Right-click on the Logitech Gaming Software icon, and then select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab in the window and check the box next to the option Run this program in compatibility mode for:
- From the drop-down menu select Windows 8 or Windows 7.
- Click Apply and OK to allow the change.
Solution 6: Run SFC and DISM Scan
Over time Windows files get corrupted hence prevents apps from running properly. If Logitech gaming software not opening on Windows 10 then it might be a corrupted file. Running SFC and DISM tools (Built-in Windows 10 feature) detect and repair corrupted/damaged files
- Press the Windows + X keys to open the Quick Access Menu.
- Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu (in Windows it’s called Windows Power Shell).
- Type this sfc /scannow command and press the Enter. It will take some time to execute the command.
- Once it’s done type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command. It will run DISM scan.
Now restart your PC and check if the Logitech gaming software is working properly.
Solution 7: Devices Having 3.0 USB Port
Solution 8: Perform a Clean boot
First, use these troubleshooting steps to Uninstall Logitech Gaming Software then reinstall. It will require a clean boot in Windows 10:
To perform a clean boot in Windows 10:
- Press the Windows + R key to open a Run box and type msconfig and click OK.
- Click on the General tab, coose Selective startup.
- Uncheck the Load startup items box.
- Now click on the Services tab.
- Check the box Hide all Microsoft services at the bottom.
- Click Disable all.
- Click the Startup tab and then click on Open Task Manager.
- With in task Manager click on the Startup tab, right-click each enabled startup item and select Disable. Then press OK
- Now Restart your PC.
Once you are done troubleshooting restore your system. Follow these steps:
- Press the Windows + R key and again type msconfig and click OK.
- Click on the General tab, select Normal startup.
- Click the Services tab.
- Clear the Hide all Microsoft services check box and click Enable all.
- Now click on the Startup tab and open Task Manager to enable all of your startup programs.
- Click OK and Restart your PC.
Logitech Gaming Software – FAQ
If Logitech Gaming Software not launching on startup especially when you have set it to “run as administrator”. Then simply uncheck the run as administrator and open the program.
If the Logitech headset not showing up in gaming software then you can first update the program and then navigate to the software file path. Usually, it’s C:\Program Files\Logitech Gaming Software. Find LCore right-click > Properties > Compatibility tab > Check run this as an administrator.
If Logitech Gaming Software not detecting g502, g13, or g703. The common problem is USB port Outdated software or outdated Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Try different USB port 3.0 works. Update Universal Serial Bus Controller via Device Manager in Windows 10.
Sometimes when you install LGS and run it the pop-up says Not Compatible in Windows 10. You can apply solution 5 mentioned above. Or download the latest LGS version. This error also occurs when you download the x86 version and then change it to 64-bit. It takes a few seconds to reload the Download button with the correct link. If you just wait a few seconds before clicking ‘Download’ after you change OS or architecture (32/64 bits) you won’t see this error.
If you can’t install or the installation is stuck then either your Windows 10 is outdated or you aren’t installing the right version of the software. If you are also seeing 0x80070057 then update windows and get the 64-bit tool for 64-bit OS.
If you are using a mouse keyboard, headset and their settings keep resetting or reverts. Try to run the program as an administrator or go to the AppData > local > Logitech folder. Find LCore.exe right click on it to open properties then on the bottom uncheck “Read-only”. Click Apply then OK.
If LGS randomly crashes on launch then open Task Manager > startup > Disable LGS >Restart your PC. If this program keeps crashing on a PC that has Discord then closing the Logitech integration with discord stops it from crashing.