Even at low video settings, the Lost Ark FPS drop when moving the character making the game totally unplayable. Don’t here we have a solution to fix this problem.
While playing Lost Ark players are complaining of massive FPS drops, random stutters, and poor performance issues while walking, using abilities, etc. Even the game starts 3-4 minutes after they press PLAY.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why do Lost Ark FPS drops and stuttering issue arises?
In most cases, the FPS drop issue occurs due to not meeting the system requirement to play Lost Ark. If you are playing this game on a low-end PC you are likely to deal with micro stutters and poor performance in full screen.
Before you start applying fixes you need to make sure that your PC specs are able to handle the game graphics.
Lost Ark recommended system requirements:
- CPU: Intel i5 or AMD Ryzen 5
- RAM: 16 GB
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit only)
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
- PIXEL SHADER: 5.1
- VERTEX SHADER: 5.1
- HDD: 50 GB
If you are PC won’t meet these requirements then you need to upgrade your gaming PC to increase FPS and game performance.
Other causes include outdated graphics driver, antivirus software, corrupt game files, wrong in-game graphics settings, and overlay features.
How To Fix Lost Ark FPS drop issue
If you are also looking for a solution to fix FPS and stuttering on Reddit then apply the below mention fixes.
Fix 1. Update graphics driver
The outdated graphics drivers are the core reason you can’t get 60-100 FPS. The GPU drivers affect the game performance and if they aren’t updated they lead towards FPS drops, lagging, and performance issues. You need to update graphics drivers on your PC and laptop to optimize Lost Ark FPS.
There are two methods to update graphics drivers manual and automatic.
We strongly recommend you to use automatic methods as it is more feasible saves your time. Especially if you don’t have the skills to manually update GPU drivers, you need to download Driver Easy.
The Driver Easy is a software updater tool for Windows PC. This tool automatically scans and updates drivers on a PC with just a single click.
So download the Driver Easy Trial Version on your PC, install and test it.
Fix 2. Turn off firewall
Sometimes Windows firewall considers certain game files as a threat preventing them from running properly. If you are also dealing with the Lost Ark FPS drop then try adding the game .exe file in the firewall exception list.
Follow these steps:
- Press Windows + R to type firewall.cpl and then press Enter.
- From the left side click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click Change settings.
- Look for the game in the list of allowed apps and features while making sure that Private and Public checkmark are checked..
- In case the game file is missing, click Allow another app…, select LostArkLauncher.exe, and then click Add.
- Once you’ve done that, make sure that LostArk has checkmarks under both the Private and Public columns.
Now run the game to see if the game performance has improved and micro stuttering is fixed.
Fix 3. Verify game files
The FPS drop, stuttering, lagging issues will occur if the necessary game files are removed or corrupted. You need to check the integrity of game files using the Steam client.
During this process, Steam will scan the game file replacing the removed or corrupted files with the new ones. Follow these steps to verify the game files.
- Launch Steam and find Lost Ark in your Library.
- Right-click the game then click Properties.
- Under Local files, click Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait for the scan to complete.
Fix 4. Close background applications
Most PC games will not perform better if there are multiple applications running in the background. You need to close these apps using the Windows Task Manager.
It’s because these unwanted apps consume precious memory and CPU/GPU causing a deficiency of resources for games.
Fix 5. Set CPU process priority
You can also prioritize any process to get more CPU resources. To do that you can read our guide on How To Set CPU Process Priority for Applications in Windows 10.
Fix 6. Perform clean boot
When you run Windows OS many services automatically start running with it. Sometimes anyone of these services classes with game causing the Lost Ark FPS drop problem.
You can perform clean boot which means running PC without any service running except game service.
Follow these steps to perform a clean boot:
- Press Win + R and type msconfig then click to open System Configuration.
- Under the Services tab, check Hide all Microsoft services, then click Disable all and OK.
- Go to the Startup tab, click Open Task Manager.
- Under the Startup tab, click each startup item then click Disable until you’ve disabled all startup items.
- Restart your PC.
Fix 7. Check PC overheating
The FPS drop, stuttering, or lagging can be a sign of PC overheating. Especially if you are playing Lost Ark on a laptop make sure that its fans are working properly.
Other solutions to fix Lost Ark FPS drop issue
There are more tips that users on tech forums like Reddit and Lost Ark’s Playlostark have suggested.
- Turn off Area Chat and change the chat tab to System
- Change the game location from HDD to SSD
- Avoid highly populated areas in Lost Ark
- Change compatibility mode to Windows 7 and use DirectX 9
- Repair Easy Anti Cheat
- Run Lost Ark as Administrator
- Enable Deep Learning Dynamic Super Resolution from the NVIDIA control panel.
- For GSync monitors, change low latency settings to Ultra and VSync to Fast. Also, turning off Adaptive-Sync and locking refresh rate might help.
- Cap or Limit FPS