Is the world of Arkesia eerily silent for you? You’re not alone. Lost Ark players are encountering a frustrating audio issue that’s silencing the game’s immersive soundscape.
Whether you’re seeking the satisfying clash of steel or the soothing melodies of peaceful havens, the sudden loss of sound can be a major buzzkill.
But don’t worry, we’re here to help you troubleshoot this audio bug and restore the full symphony of Lost Ark’s sounds.
How To Fix Lost Ark No Sound Issues
Let’s dive into the potential causes and solutions to get your game’s audio back on track!
Restart the Game
If you encounter a sudden loss of sound in Lost Ark, a simple yet effective solution is to restart the game. This can often resolve issues related to audio device changes or disruptions.
Utilize a Virtual Mixer
Consider installing a virtual mixer, such as Voicemeeter, as your default sound device. This alternative can prevent the game from experiencing audio loss when unplugging or switching headphones. To do this:
- Download and install Voicemeeter from the official website.
- Set Voicemeeter as your default audio device in Windows sound settings.
Update audio driver
If you are hearing audio sound in some section of the game i.e. cutscene or combat, it means you have a misconfigured or outdated audio driver.
You need to update audio drivers in your Windows PC to fix no sound at all issues while playing Lost Ark. To update drivers there are two methods manual or automatic.
We suggest you follow the automatic method as it is more secure and doesn’t involve tech skills. All you need is to download Driver Easy on your Windows PC. This is a driver updater tool for Windows PCs that automatically scans and updates audio drivers.
Just give it a try and download the Driver Easy Trial Version.
Check Sound Device Settings
Ensure that the game’s sound settings align with your current audio output device. Some games may not automatically adjust, requiring manual selection to prevent sound-related problems. To check and adjust:
- Navigate to the in-game audio settings.
- Verify that the selected audio output device matches your current setup.
Windows “Listen To” Option
Explore the “Listen to” option in Windows audio settings to route audio from one output device to another, potentially resolving sound issues in Lost Ark. Follow these steps:
- Right-click on the speaker icon in the system tray and select “Open Sound settings.”
- Under the “Advanced sound options,” select the output device you want to use.
- Enable the “Listen to this device” option.
Install Direct X End User Runtime
Download and install the Direct X End User Runtime to address sound problems related to compatibility. Follow these steps:
- Visit the official Microsoft website to download the Direct X End User Runtime.
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart your computer and launch Lost Ark to check for improvements.
Language and VO Installation
Try switching between different language voiceovers or reinstalling the voiceover files. Some players have reported sound issues being resolved after making such changes in Lost Ark. To do this:
- In the game settings, navigate to the audio or language options.
- Experiment with different language settings and check for sound improvements.
Match Audio Quality Settings
Ensure that the “Audio Quality” settings in your sound card control panel match for both headphones and speakers. This helps avoid compatibility issues that may lead to sound problems. Follow these steps:
- Open the sound card control panel on your computer.
- Check and adjust the audio quality settings to match both your headphones and speakers.
Check Volume Mixer
Lost Ark may occasionally mute itself in the Windows Volume Mixer. Right-click on the sound icon, check if Lost Ark is muted, and unmute it to restore the game’s audio. Follow these steps:
- Right-click on the sound icon in the system tray and select “Open Volume Mixer.”
- Locate Lost Ark in the mixer and ensure that it is not muted.
Reinstall Korean VO
For users experiencing sound issues after installing Korean voiceovers, uninstall the Korean VO DLC, then reinstall it. Copying files from the original installation may also help in resolving the problem. To do this:
- Access the game’s settings or DLC management section.
- Uninstall the Korean VO DLC.
- Reinstall the Korean VO DLC and copy files from the original installation if prompted.
Update Windows Media Feature pack
This fix is suggested by users on a tech forum which has proved useful for many users.
To update the Windows media feature pack on Windows 10 follow these steps:
- Press the Windows + I to open Settings, then click Apps.
- Click Apps and Features > Optional features > Add a feature.
- Search or select Media Feature Pack in the list of available optional features.
- Relaunch the game and check the sound.
To update the Windows media feature pack on Windows 11 follow these steps:
- Press the Windows + I key to open Settings
- Click Apps > Optional features.
- Click View features.
- Select the Media Feature Pack in the list of available optional features.
- Relaunch the game and check the audio