Lost Ark not launching especially after Easy Anti-cheat in Steam or you are seeing an error while launching. Here’s a solution.
Lost Ark users are eagerly looking for a solution to fix not launching problem. The reports came that /lost Ark won’t launch or soon after launch shows no game screen.
If you are also one of those users who reports that Lost Ark not launching after easy anti-cheat on Reddit, then read this post. We have the best solution to fix this issue once and for all.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Table of Contents
- Why Do Lost ARK Won’t Launch?
- Check System Requirements To Play Lost Ark
- How to fix Lost ARK not launching?
- Fix 1. Lost Ark doesn’t launch past Easy Anti-Cheat
- Fix 2. Update graphics driver
- Fix 3. Uninstall MSI AfterBurner/Discord
- Fix 4. Run the game as an Administrator
- Fix 5. Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Fix 6. Close unnecessary background programs
- Fix 7. Run game with DirectX 9
- Fix 8. Disable Antivirus and Firewall Program
Why Do Lost ARK Won’t Launch?
There are multiple reasons of Lost ARK keeps crashing or not launching issues. However, the following are the most common causes that include.
- Easy Anti-Cheat clash
- Outdated graphics driver
- Outdated game version
- Missing or corrupted game files
- Unnecessary background tasks
- Overlays features in MSI Afterburner, RTSS, Steam, Discord
Check System Requirements To Play Lost Ark
Before applying the bwlow fixes you need to check your PC specs to see if they meets the minimum requirements to play Lost Ark. In most cases Lost Ark won’t launch issue arises if PC hardware is insufficient.
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit only)
- Processor: Intel i3 or AMD Ryzen 3
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / AMD Radeon HD 6850
- PIXEL SHADER: 5.0
- VERTEX SHADER: 5.0
- FREE DISK SPACE: 50 GB
- DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 1024 MB
How to fix Lost ARK not launching?
Apply the below fixes to get you Lost Ark game up and running without any launching issue.
Fix 1. Lost Ark doesn’t launch past Easy Anti-Cheat
Most users complained that after the Easy Anti-Cheat bar is complete, an error pops up telling them that “Easy Anti-Cheat: Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\usp10.dll)”
If the problem persists then there might be a problem with Easy Anti-Cheat. There may be an outdated certificate or authority in your anti cheat folder, causing a clash with Lost ark.
You should repair or reinstall Easy Anti-Cheat in Steam, for that follow these steps:
- Launch Steam and go to Library.
- Click the gear icon.
- Manage > Browse local files > Open the folder EasyAntiCheat > run EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe.
- Try repairing the service, or uninstalling and reinstalling it
Now check id the Lost Ark not launching issues is resolved.
Fix 2. Update graphics driver
Most PC game issue occurs due to outdated graphics card. You need to make sure that you PC’s GPU drivers are fully up to date. You can read our guide on How to Update Graphics Driver in Windows 10/7
You can adopt any of the two methds to update Graphics card driver i.e. manually or automatically.
We strongly suggest you to adopt automatic method. This method is use full for those users who don’t have time or skills. All they need is to download Driver Easy on their Windows PC.
The Driver Easy is a PC driver updater software that supports Windows 11/10/7. Just install this tool and run it. It will instantly scan your system’s outdated rivers and update them with a single click.
Fix 3. Uninstall MSI AfterBurner/Discord
If you have installed MSI Afterburner coupled with RTSS or Discord then you are more prone to deal with Lost Ark not launching error.
Just uninstall these tools as these tools as overlay features that causes conflict with the game setup.
Fix 4. Run the game as an Administrator
This fix may seem to you novice but sometimes it works like a charm. If you are playing games without administrative access then try to log in with administrative acces. Now right’click on the game icon and select to run it as an administrative.
Fix 5. Verify Integrity of Game Files
Verifying the intergirty of Lost Ark in Steam will help you sort out any missing or corrupt game files. Often games files are removed or corrupted resulting in causing Lost Ark won’t launch issues.
Follow these steps:
- Launch the Steam client and select the Library tab
- From the game list, right-click Lost Ark and select Properties.
- Click the Local Files tab, and click Verify integrity of game files.
Fix 6. Close unnecessary background programs
Unnecessary programs that are running in the background put more load leaving less memory or recources for game. If you are also running these unwanted programs then simply close them and then play the game.
Fix 7. Run game with DirectX 9
If you have tried running games with the latest DirectX 11 and the game started crashing, stuttering, or deterioriate performance then try running it with DirectX 9.
- Launch Steam and go to the Library tab.
- Right-click Lost Ark from the game list and select Properties.
- Under Launch Options, type -force-d3d9 and close the window.
Now relaunch the Steam and Lost Ark to check if the problem is resolved.
Fix 8. Disable Antivirus and Firewall Program
The Lost Ark not launching on Steam issues may pop up if you have installed antivirus software or Bit Defender on your PC.
Try to disable it from running on your PC or you temporarily uninstall it from your PC.