Since Lost Ark was released on PC players are dealing with problems. One such issue that still haunts me is not launching issue on Steam PC.
The players are still dealing with Lost Ark not launching issues on Steam. For some players, the game is stuck on startup, and for others launching the Lost Ark on Steam shows Easy Anti-cheat with the status “playing Lost Ark”
Due to these issues Lost Ark players are eagerly searching for a solution to fix the not launching problem. If you are also one of those users who reports that Lost Ark not launching after easy anti-cheat, then read this article.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why Lost ARK Won’t Launch on Steam Windows 11 PC?
There are multiple reasons of Lost ARK keeps crashing or not launching issues. However, the following are the most common causes that include.
- Easy Anti-Cheat clash
- Outdated graphics driver
- Outdated game version
- Missing or corrupted game files
- Unnecessary background tasks
- Overlays features in MSI Afterburner, RTSS, Steam, Discord
Check System Requirements To Play Lost Ark
Before applying the below fixes you need to check your PC specs to see if they meet the minimum requirements to play Lost Ark. In most cases Lost Ark won’t launch issue arises if PC hardware is insufficient.
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit only)
- Processor: Intel i3 or AMD Ryzen 3
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / AMD Radeon HD 6850
- PIXEL SHADER: 5.0
- VERTEX SHADER: 5.0
- FREE DISK SPACE: 50 GB
- DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 1024 MB
How to Fix Lost ARK Not launching Issue on Steam PC?
Apply the below fixes to get your Lost Ark game up and running without any launching issues.
Fix 1. If Lost Ark Won’t Get Past Easy Anti-Cheat
Most users complained that after the Easy Anti-Cheat bar is complete, an error pops up telling them that
- “Easy Anti-Cheat: Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\usp10.dll)”
The problem is with the missing usp10.dll file error, you can download the usp10.dll files from a trusted site. Once you download extract the zip folder and copy the file to the game directory. Now check if the Lost Ark not launching after the Easy Anti-Cheat problem is fixed.
If the problem persists then there might be a problem with Easy Anti-Cheat. There may be an outdated certificate or authority in your anti-cheat folder, causing a clash with the Lost ark.
You should repair or reinstall Easy Anti-Cheat in Steam, for that follow these steps:
- Launch Steam and go to Library.
- Click the gear icon.
- Manage > Browse local files > Open the folder EasyAntiCheat > Run EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe.
- Try repairing the service, or uninstalling and reinstalling it
Now check if the Lost Ark not launching issues are resolved.
Fix 2. Update Graphics Driver
Most PC game issue occurs due to outdated graphics card. You need to make sure that your PC’s GPU drivers are fully up to date. You can read our guide on How to Update Graphics Driver in Windows 10/7
You can adopt any of the two methods to update the Graphics card driver i.e. manually or automatically.
We strongly suggest you adopt the automatic method. This method is use full for those users who don’t have time or skills. All they need is to download Driver Easy on their Windows PC.
The Driver Easy is a PC driver updater software that supports Windows 11/10/7. Just install this tool and run it. It will instantly scan your system’s outdated drivers and update them with a single click.
Fix 3. Uninstall MSI AfterBurner & Discord
If you have installed MSI Afterburner coupled with RTSS or Discord then you are more prone to deal with Lost Ark not launching error.
Just uninstall these tools as their overlay features cause conflict with the game setup.
Fix 4. Run the Lost Ark as an Administrator
This fix may seem to you a novice but sometimes it works like a charm. If you are playing games without administrative access then try to log in with administrative access. Now right-click on the game icon and select to run it as an administrator.
Fix 5. Verify the Integrity of Game Files
Verifying the integrity of Lost Ark in Steam will help you sort out any missing or corrupt game files. Often game files are removed or corrupted resulting in causing Lost Ark’s won’t launch issues.
Follow these steps:
- Launch the Steam client and select the Library tab
- From the game list, right-click Lost Ark and select Properties.
- Click the Local Files tab, and click Verify integrity of game files.
Fix 6. Close Unnecessary Programs
Unnecessary programs that are running in the background put more load leaving less memory or resources for the game. If you are also running these unwanted programs then simply close them and then play the game.
You can use Windows built-in feature called Task Manager to locate which tasks are hogging up your CPU and then close it.
Fix 7. Run Game With DirectX 9
If you have tried running games with the latest DirectX 11 and the game started crashing, stuttering or deteriorating performance then try running it with DirectX 9.
- Launch Steam and go to the Library tab.
- Right-click Lost Ark from the game list and select Properties.
- Under Launch Options, type -force-d3d9 and close the window.
Now relaunch the Steam and Lost Ark to check if the problem is resolved.
Fix 8. Disable Antivirus and Firewall Program
The Lost Ark not launching on Steam issues may pop up if you have installed antivirus software or Bit Defender on your PC.
Try to disable it from running on your PC or temporarily uninstall it from your PC. You can also add the game file to the exception list.
Fix 9. Launch the Game in Windowed Mode (Steam)
Running Lost Ark in Windowsod can fix the not launching issue. Follow these steps
- Open the Steam client and go to Library.
- Right-click on Lost ARK > Select Properties.
- In the General section, click on Set Launch Options.
- Next, copy & paste the following command-line argument:
- -windowed -noborder
Fix 10. Perform a Clean Boot
There might be other services that are interfering with the game file. Follow the below steps to close all of them and only run the game process.
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type msconfig and hit Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Go to the Services tab > Enable the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Click on Disable all.
- Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
Fix 11. Reinstall Lost Ark
If the previous troubleshooting steps did not resolve the issue of Lost ARK not launching, you may want to consider reinstalling the game. Here are the steps to do so:
- Uninstall Lost ARK from your computer through the Control Panel or using the game’s uninstaller.
- Delete any remaining files and folders related to Lost ARK from your computer.
- Restart your computer to ensure all files associated with the game are removed.
- Reinstall Lost ARK from the game’s installation files or through Steam.
- Once the installation is complete, launch Lost ARK to see if the issue has been resolved.