Are you looking for Minecraft commands & cheats to make your time in your favorite world a little easier? Console commands allow you to teleport around the map, fill your pockets with rare resources, and manipulate the server with just a few keystrokes.
Though, console commands are wonderful to know because you might find yourself wanting to switch modes quickly finish a tedious task, but they can disable your achievements.
There are a massive number of cheats & console commands to choose from, but in this article, we’ll tell you that ones which you really need to know. The following commands will work on your PC, Xbox, Switch, and Mobile versions of Minecraft.
How to use Console Commands in Minecraft?
To use cheats in Minecraft, on your PC, do the following:
- Open Minecraft singleplayer.
- Create a new world.
- Go to Game Settings.
- Click on “Allow Cheats” so that it’s toggled on.
- Generate and enter the world.
- Once inside the world, press the forward slash key (/) to open the chat window.
- Enter the command and press enter. (You can also use the up/down arrow keys to scroll through previous commands).
- Press right on the D-Pad.
For Nintendo Switch
- Press the right direction button on your Joy-Con, or right on the D-Pad of your Pro Controller.
If you’re on a PS4, you can’t enter commands. You can only change a few options, and you must have host privileges.
Shorthand Minecraft commands
Instead of typing in individual player name(s) for the player prompt, you can use the following shorthand to select specific targets for your command:
- @p = the nearest player to you
- @r = a random player
- @a = all players in the world
- @e = all entities in the world
- @s = you
How to fly in Minecraft – Flying command
There is no direct command in Minecraft that will make you fly. However, you can change the mode of the game using the “/gamemode creative” command, and this will allow you to press jump twice to get you up in the air.
In case, if you want to fly even faster (on PC), you can activate Spectator mode. This requires you to press “F3 + N” at once and gives you the ability to fly around freely and go through walls. Moreover, by scrolling your mouse wheel up or down, you can increase or decrease the speed. This is the fastest way to get around other than using the teleport command.
All Console Commands and Cheats List
Here are all console commands and cheats available in Minecraft. They serve very niche purposes, but learning them all make it easy to conquer your server.
|/help [CommandName]||Provides detailed info about a specific console command|
|/give <player><item>[Amount]</item></player>||Give a player a certain amount of a selected item|
|/tp [TargetPlayer] x y x||Move a player to a selected portion of the map|
|/kill [TargetPlayer]||Instantly kill your target|
|/weather WeatherType||Change the weather (Rain, Thunder, Snow)|
|/gamemode creative||Switch your server to Creative Mode.|
|/gamemode survival||Switch your server to Survival Mode|
|/time||Change the time of day (0 for Dawn, 18000 for Night)|
|/difficulty [Setting]||Change difficulty (Peaceful, Easy, Normal, Hard)|
|/seed||Display the code for your current seed|
|/summon||Create the target object|
|/atlantis||Increase the amount of water in your world|
|/instantmine||Mine any object with one single click|
|/falldamage||Enable or disable fall damage|
|/waterdamage||Enable or disable water damage|
|/firedamage||Enable or disable fire damage|
|/duplicate||Duplicate the item you are holding|
|/dropstore||Store your inventory in a chest(Spawned automatically)|
|/instantplant||Plants grow instantly|
|/gamerule keepInventory true||Keep all your items when you die|
|/gamerule doDaylightCycle false||Stops the day/night cycle|
|/ride||Turns any mob you’re facing into a mount|
|/superheat||Turns all items into their smeleted form|
|/itemdamage||Weapons no longer break down|
|/locate [location name]||Gives you the coordinates for generated structures|
|/clearspawnpoint||removes spawn point for a player|
|/connect||Attempts to connect to the WebSocket servers on the provided URL|
|/deop||Revokes operator status for players|
|/dialogue||Opens NPC dialouge for players|
|/effect||Add or remove status effects|
|/enchant||Adds an enchantment to the player’s selected item|
|/event||Triggers an event for the specific object(s)|
|/fill||Fills all or parts of a region with a specific block|
|/fog||add or remove fog setting file|
Minecraft Server Commands
There are also server commands in Minecraft which you can activate in the game. So, here are all the server commands that you can use on your server.
|ban <playername> [reason]||Blacklists the name playername from the server so that they can no longer connect. Note: Bans supersede any whitelisting in place.||Always succeeds.|
|ban-ip <ip-address | playername>||Blacklists an IP address so that all subsequent connecti.ons from it are rejected.||ip-address must be valid or playername must be online.|
|banlist [ips]||Displays the banlist. To display banned IP addresses, use the command “banlist ips”||Always succeeds.|
|deop <playername>||Revokes a player’s operator status.||Always succeeds.|
|kick <playername> [reason]||Forcibly disconnects playername from the server, displaying an optionalreason to them.||Playername must be online.|
|list||Shows the names of all currently-connected players (the same can be achieved when pressing tab)||Always succeeds, even in a command block.|
|op <playername>||Grants playername operator status on the server.||Always succeeds.|
|pardon <playername>||Removes playername from the blacklist, allowing them to connect again.||Always succeeds.|
|pardon||Removes ip-address from the IP blacklist, allowing players from that IP address to connect to the server.||ip-address must be valid.|
|save-all||Forces the server to write all pending changes to the world to disk.||Always succeeds.|
|save-off||Disables the server writing to the world files. All changes will temporarily be queued.||Always succeeds.|
|save-on||Enables the server writing to the world files. This is the default behavior.||Always succeeds.|
|stop||Gracefully shuts down the server.||Always succeeds.|
|=”” remove=””> <playername>||Adds or removes playername from the whitelist.||Always succeeds.|
|whitelist list||Displays all players in the whitelist.||Always succeeds.|
|=”” off=””>||Enables/disables the server’s use of a whitelist. Note: Server ops will alwaysbe able to connect when the whitelist is active, even if their names do not appear in the whitelist.||Always succeeds.|
|whitelist reload||Reloads the list of playernames in white-list.txt from disk (used when white-list.txt has been modified outside of Minecraft).||Always succeeds.|
Gamerule Commands list
Minecraft also has a vast vary of gamerule commands that players are able to use to change various features in the game. Here is a vast list of gamerule commands.
- /gamerule fireDamage false
- Using this command will disable all fire damage on your server.
- /gamerule doImmediateRespawn true
- Using this command will allow players to spawn instantly without seeing the death screen in Minecraft.
- /gamerule doEntityDrops false
- Using this command will prevent nonmob entities from dropping items in the game.
- /gamerule disableRaids true
- Using this command will disable raid events where mobs will attack villages in Minecraft.
- /gamerule announceAdvancements false
- This command will disable all chat announcements for achievements in Minecraft.
- /gamerule doFireTick false
- Using this command will disable the spread of fire on your server and will cause fires to stay in place.
- /gamerule doInsomni false
- This command will disable the insomnia mechanic and prevent Phantoms from spawning in your server.
- /gamerule doDaylightCycle false
- This gamerule command will disable the day and night cycle and freeze your game’s current time in place. So, if it is night or day, it will remain either day or night until the command is reset.
- /gamerule doMobSpawning false
- This command will disable the spawning of mobs on your server.
- /gamerule keepInventory true
- This command will allow players to keep their entire inventory upon death.
- /gamerule mobGriefing false
- This gamerule command will prevent mobs such as Endermen and Creepers from destorying or griefing blocks in the game.
- /gamerule spawnRadius (distance value)
- This command will change the spawn distance for players on your server.