Minecraft Legends players reported game crashing issues on PC. This creates a lot of frustration for the players when they play Minecraft Legends on PC and it gets crash while playing.
This crashing issue can be caused by multiple reasons. The most prominent causes are outdated graphics card drivers, corrupt game files, cache, or other conflicting software.
If you are also targeted by the Minecraft Legends crashing issue, then read this article.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
How To Fix Minecraft Legends Crashing on PC?
Apply the below-mentioned fixes.
1. Verify the Integrity of Game files
Missing and corrupted game files cause the game to crash. So to fix this issue, we recommend you verify the integrity of the game files
- Launch the Steam
- Go to the Library and right-click on Minecraft Legends.
- Select Properties > Local File
- Click on the “Verify Integrity of the Game Cache“
- Now wait for the scanning process to complete.
- Restart your PC.
Verify the Game Files on Xbox or PC
- Select Minecraft Legends.
- Click on the three dots to the right of the Play button.
- Select Manage.
- Go to the File tab.
- Select the Verify and Repair option at the bottom and click the Yes button.
- The game will be Reset as original. (You are advised to create a backup of game files)
- Wait for Minecraft Legends to be scanned for errors and launch your game.
Repairing Game Files on Windows 11 PC
- Press Windows + I to open Settings > Apps.
- Open the Installed app section and locate Minecraft Legends
- Click on the three dots to the right to open the Minecraft Legends options.
- Click on Advanced options.
- Scroll down and select the Reset section.
- Click on the Repair Button and then the Reset button.
- You will get a popup message saying the Minecraft Legends data will be reset. Press the Reset button again.
- Launch the game and check if it works.
- Reinstall the game as the final option if those options do not work.
2. Update the Game
Updating the games also fix bugs and glitches that cause Minecraft Legends crashing issues. Here’s how you can update the game
- Go to Minecraft Legends in the game library
- Choose Properties
- Click on the Updates tab
- Change the ‘Automatic Updates‘ option to ‘High Priority.
- This will ensure that the game downloads the latest updates.
Update the Game on Xbox
- Start the application and go to Minecraft Legends within the Installed tab
- Once again, choose the option with three dots and click on Manage
- Under the FILES tab, you will find the option “CHECK FOR UPDATES.”
3. Update Graphics Driver
It is confirmed that outdated graphics drivers cause Minecraft Legends won’t launch issues. So you need to update the graphic card drivers. Here’s how you can do it:
- Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
- Expand the Display Adapters category and right-click on your graphics card.
- Right-click on the display driver and select Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for drivers and it will automatically update drivers.
- Restart your computer and launch the game to see if the problem is fixed.
Best Way to Update Graphics Drivers
Although each manufacturer has its own official site to download drivers it takes time.
Especially, if you are a newbie or you don’t have time or skills then there are chances that you might end up installing the wrong drivers.
So we recommend downloading Driver Easy software on your PC. This program is a professional system driver updater that automatically scans a PC’s old driver and updates them instantly.
We have personally used this tool on our Windows 11 PC. The most favorite part is its outstanding scanning feature. You can instantly know which PC part needs to be updated.
The Driver Easy is an N0.1 software updater tool in its field with a mega database of more than 600000 drivers. Users have been using this tool for the last 12 years to fix their PC errors.
So download Driver Easy and let it deal with all the system drivers.
4. Update DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables
There are some supporting components that Windows need to run your game smoothly. You need to update Microsoft DirectX and C++ Redistributables.
- For this, Go to the DirectX Runtime Official Website
- Now check for the updates and install the latest version
- Once you have installed this, head over to the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables.
- If new updates are available, download them for X64 architecture.
5. Choosing the Dedicated GPU
Dedicated GPU delivers better performance. So you need to choose the Dedicated GPU
- Go to the Nvidia Control Panel and 3D Settings.
- In the Manage 3D Settings tab, go into Program Settings and select Minecraft Legends
- Choose the desired GPU for the game from the list.
- Ensure you can see the high-performance Nvidia processor and save the changes before exiting.
- Go to Radeon Settings and then Preferences.
- You will see Power and Switchable Graphics Application Settings in the Additional Settings.
- Choose Minecraft Legends; if it is not there, you must add the game.
- Inside the Graphics Settings, give Minecraft Legends high-performance priority.
6. Close Unwanted Background Programs
Try to close programs that are not needed. Here’s how you can apply this fix:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys to open Task Manager
- Now check which program is using more Network
- Right-click on that program and select End task
- Now check if the Minecraft Legends launching issue is solved or not.
7. Disable Steam Overlay
Many players experienced that disabling the steam overlays helps to boost the game’s performance. So to fix Minecraft Legends crashing issue, we recommend you disable Steam overlay.
- Open the Steam client
- Go to the Library
- Right-click on Minecraft Legends and select the properties
- Select the General section
- Now just uncheck the Enable Steam Overlay
8. Reinstall the Game
- Go to your game library
- Right-click on the Minecraft legends, hover the mouse cursor on Manage, and then click on Uninstall.
- After uninstalling, click on Install.
- Choose the installation location and click on Next
Give it some time to complete the installation process.