Many PS4 and PS5 players are experiencing frequent crashes while playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. A player reported that the game crashes on the PS5 single-player campaign mission “ghost team,” while on the PS4 version, the game crashes in the middle of the mission when playing alone, making it impossible to reload after death.
Gamers worldwide have reported similar issues of the MW 2 keeps crashing in the middle or at the start of the game on both PS4 and PS5.
If you’re experiencing similar problems, this article could be helpful.
How To Fix Modern Warfare 2 Crashing on PS4 and PS5?
Here are some potential solutions to address the issue of Modern Warfare 2 frequently crashing on PS4 and PS5.
1. Restart Your PS5/PS4
To fix COD Modern Warfare 2 crashing on PS4 and PS5, you can try restarting the console. This can resolve any temporary glitches caused by outdated cache. Here are the steps to reboot your PS5 or PS4:
- Launch the PS4
- Up the menu, use the “L” key.
- Press “X” to select the Power option after turning right.
- When a new window appears, choose Power Options.
- Power Window will launch; choose Restart PS4 from the menu.
- And you’ll be able to successfully restart the PS4 after that.
- Turn on the PS5.
- To access the fast menu, press the PlayStation button.
- The small menu will show now select the Power option.
- Choose the “Restart” option.
- You successfully rebooted your PS5.
- Continue to Rebuild the Database on PS5 or PS4 if the issue persists.
2. Update the System Software
Your console could sometimes be too old to support new game features. Consequently, COD Modern Warfare 2 (version 2022) on PS5 and PS4 crashes.
- On the PlayStation gaming system, choose Settings.
- Choose System Software Update > Verify that you check for available updates and follow to the on-screen directions to finish the update procedure.
- Reboot the system to have the modifications take effect.
3. Delete Saved Game Data
To fix the problem, you can delete the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 game’s stored game data.
If you have PlayStation Plus, sign up before you start, or use a USB flash drive big enough to hold your backup. Follow the steps given below:
- Press UP on the D-pad to access the Function menu from your Home page.
- To access it, click the X button next to the Settings icon.
- Click the X button to choose the Application Saved Data Management option.
- Choose Saved Data in System Storage after that.
- Use the options button to remove the game you’re experiencing problems with after selecting it.
- You can recover the data after deletion by performing step 3 again.
- Check to see if COD MW 2 (version 2022) on PS5/PS4 keeps crashing has been resolved.
4. Rebuild the Database On PS4/PS5
Your hard drive is organized by the PlayStation database rebuild so that the system can access your files more quickly and easily. This can provide quicker data loading, less “game freezing,” and higher frame rates, all of which can help you fix On the PS4 and PS5, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 frequently crashes.
- Turn off your PS4 now.
- Keep pressing the Power button until you hear two short beeps. You will be informed that Safe Mode has been activated via this.
- Connect your DualShock 4 controller to the PS4’s front USB-A port.
- Choose “Rebuild Database” from the menu by scrolling downward.
- Wait for the procedure to finish before starting the game.
- Make sure your PS5 System Software is updated first.
- When the PS5 DualSense controller is connected to a USB cable and is ready to pair, press the PS button on the controller.
- Hold down the power button until you hear the second beep and Safe Mode will start up.
- Go to option number 5 and choose “Rebuild Database” now.
- The crashing issue can be fixed by waiting for the procedure to finish.
5. Reinstall Modern Warfare 2
The Modern Warfare 2 game should be uninstalled from the console and then reinstalled if the crashing issue still exists. The problem should be resolved by it. So to do so for PS4 and PS5 follow the steps:
- Choose Storage from Settings.
- Choose Modern Warfare 2 from the list, and then Click Delete.
- Download and install the game from the appropriate store after it has been erased.
6. Reset the Console
Try doing a factory reset on your console to check for issues if none of the solutions work for you.
- From your Console, choose Settings.
- Choose either “Initialize PS4” or “Initialize PS5” from the “Initialization” page.
- On the following page, select “Full.”
- Your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 will begin cleaning itself automatically to return to the original settings. Depending on the amount of installed data on the storage, this process could take a few hours.
- Let the procedure run its course. After finishing, make sure to restart the computer.
This is all from our site. Hopefully, this guide was helpful to you.
7. Disable On-Demand Texture Streaming
If you’re experiencing crashes in Modern Warfare 2 on your PS5, try disabling the On-demand Texture Streaming feature, which can sometimes cause issues. Simply go to the Main Menu, select Settings, and then Graphics. From there, turn off the On-demand Texture Streaming option.
8. Disable HDCP on the Console
Here are the steps to disable HDCP on the PS5 console:
- Turn on your PS5 and go to the main menu.
- Select “Settings” from the main menu.
- Scroll down and select “System.”
- Select “HDMI.”
- In the “Enable HDCP” option, toggle it to “off.”
Once you have disabled HDCP, you should be able to capture gameplay footage and screenshots without any issues.
9. Change the language
To Fix Modern Warfare crashing with an error code CE-108255-1, you need to change the language pack, and try switching to American English.
Here are the steps to change the language on a PS5 console to English (United States):
- Turn on your PS5 and go to the home screen.
- Select the “Settings” option from the top right corner.
- Scroll down and select the “System” option.
- Select “Language” from the menu on the left-hand side.
- In the right pane, you’ll see two options: “Console Language” and “Input Language.”
- Choose “English (United States)” from the drop-down menu for both options.
- Once you have selected English (United States) for both options, exit the settings menu.
- Your PS5 console will now be using American English as the language.
10. Contact PlayStation Support
If none of the above fixes worked for you, all you have to do is go to the PlayStation Official Website and contact them via their support page with the subject line COD Modern Warfare 2 (version 2022) is crashing on PS5/PS4. They will normally respond to you within 24 hours.