Dealing with New World low FPS even if you have GeForce 3070 or 3080 card! Don’t worry you can solve this problem.
A number of New World players are reporting low FPS issues coupled with stuttering. While playing players notice choppy gameplay, poor quality video display, and low FPS.
If you are also dealing with New World low FPS since you have installed the game patch or Windows update. Then apply these fixes.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
First Try This:
Before applying the fixes try these tricks:
- Switch over from Windowed to Borderless: Try switching the screen mode to full screen or vice versa. In most cases, it improves the FPS drops issue.
- Your PC isn’t downloading anything: Try to make sure that your Windows PC isn’t downloading any program or update in the background. It can affect your computer’s performance.
- Check system requirements before playing New World on PC: Make sure that your PC hardware is enough to support this game otherwise you will face New World low FPS on PC.
|New World’s System Requirements||Minimum||Recommended|
|Operating System||Windows 10 (64-bit)||Windows 10 (64-bit)|
|Processor||Intel Core™ i5-2400 / AMD CPU with 4 physical cores @ 3Ghz||Intel Core™ i7-2600K / AMD Ryzen 5 1400|
|Memory||8 GB||16 GB|
|Graphics||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 or better||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / AMD Radeon R9 390X or better|
|Storage||50 GB||50 GB|
|DirectX||Version 12||Version 12|
|Network||Broadband Internet connection (required to play)||Broadband Internet connection (required to play)|
How To Fix New World Low FPS and Stuttering
If you are having issues with New World performance, and want to improve FPS while removing lag, stuttering, and frame drops, we got a few tips for you that might help you to achieve that.
Fix 1. Try Restoring The Game Update
If you have recently installed the update for Windows OS or game patch then there are chances that this is causing the low fps problem.
Try to revert back to the previous version by undoing the update. Follow these steps:
- Press Win + R and type control to open the Control panel.
- Now head over to the System and Security > Security and Maintenance.
- Click Recovery > Open system restore.
- Choose a different restore point > Next > Show more restore points.
- Click the first from the top Automatic Restore Point
Now follow the ongoing instructions to revert back to the previous update. If you have installed the latest update for DirectX you also need to uninstall that update.
Fix 2. Adjust In-Game Video Settings
You are dealing with low FPS in New World because your in-game video settings are configured wrongly. Follow these steps to change it:
- Run New World game on PC.
- From the Home screen, click on the cogwheel icon in the top-right corner.
- Select the Visuals tab and then change the Video Quality to Low.
- Now play the game to see if the framerate increased if not then again change the Video Quality back to your preference.
Fix 3. Set Windows Power Settings to High Performance
Windows is set to run at a balanced power plan that means giving balanced resources and energy to ongoing programs.
Try to set the power setting to high performance to get additional resources while running New World. Follow these steps:
- Press Win + R and type powercfg.cpl to open Power Options.
- Set the power plan to High performance.
- If you can’t see High-Performance option then from the left side click on Create a Poer Plan.
- Here select High Performance and set the On Battery and Plugged In settings.
- Click Create and you are done.
Fix 4. Update Graphics Card Driver
Check your graphics card drivers if they are outdated or faulty you will be stuck with New World low FPS problem. There are two methods to update graphics card drivers Manually and Automatically.
The manual process Involve visiting the AMD/NVIDIA sites and searching for the proper version.
However, we recommend you to download Driver Easy or IObit Driver Booster. These are the No.1 PC driver updater tools for Windows operating system. These tools automatically scan and present a list of all outdated drivers and then update them.
Fix 5. Enable V-Sync
If you have GSYNC or FreeSync enabled, this will affect the refresh rate matching those features utilized. You need to Enabling V-Sync with NVIDIA Control Panel, for that follow these steps:
- Right-click your desktop and click Nvidia Control Panel.
- Click Manage 3D settings.
- Under I would like to use the following 3D settings scroll down until you see Vertical sync.
- Select Vertical sync and choose On from the drop down, and then select Apply.
Fix 6. Reduce Startup Applications
When you turn on your PC many apps start running it slows down your PC’s performance. If you run New World with these startup processes your game will lag, stutter or even framerate will drop.
So Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl +Shift + Esc and clicking on the Startup tab. Here you will see a list of apps running click on the unnecessary startup process and Disable it.
Fix 7. Verify Integrity of Game Files
If you are dealing with New World low FPS it may be because necessary game files are corrupted or missing. You need to verify the game files using the Steam launcher.
During this process, Steam will scan the game files and if there’s any corrupted game file it will be downloaded and replaced.
- Open Steam launcher.
- Go to the Library.
- Righ-click on New World and choose Properties.
- With in General tab select Verify the game file.
- Wait for that process to complete.
Fix 8. Uninstall the Antivirus Software
Many users complained that they have installed the antivirus software i.e. Avast, MacAfee and they start dealing with low FPS while playing New World.
If you have installed any of these programs then try to uninstall them or disable them from running in the background.
Fix 9. Close Unnecessary Programs
If you have Citrix installed on your computer for at-home work, uninstall it and it will fix any FPS issues you’re having. This is what worked for many users.
Also, make sure to uninstall any third-party software that is not required on your PC.
Fix 10. Check for Evidence of Overheating
Many games give low FPS even if you have modern GPU installed on your PC. It’s because of overheating make sure that your PC is cleaned as the built-up dust inside your PC can cause CPU overheating.
Moreover, you should check your CPU temperature using the best temp PC temp monitoring tool.
These tools will help you see the current CPU temperature and then you can compare these numbers with the normal CPU temp range and GPU temp range.
Fix: Blurry Text/Blurry Visuals in-game
If you find the game blurry or text blurry and adjusting your native resolution does not fix the issue you can try these steps:
- Go to New World in your Steam Library.
- Click Settings.
- Click Manage.
- Browse Local Files.
- Right click on NewWorldLauncher and click properties.
- Click Compatibility.
- Click Change High DPI Settings.
- This will open a dialogue box – to select (checkbox) Override high DPI scaling behavior.