Are you dealing with an error No Audio Output Device is Installed error on Windows 10?
From time to time Windows 10 users have been experiencing audio issues due to which there is no sound on their PC. If you are one of them and you see a red cross on your speaker icon on the taskbar or the pop-up message “No Audio Output Device is installed” then unfortunately there is some problem with audio device drivers or your Windows 10 has disabled audio device.
However, you can try some of the methods to fix this issue which we have tested and have worked for many of the users.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
How To Fix No Audio Output Device Is Installed Error in Windows 10
try oue below mentioned tips that will help you resolve
Fix 1: Check your Cables and Volumes
The first and foremost step to indicate and resolve your no audio issue on Windows 10 is to check your cables and volumes. Check if your speakers and headphones are properly plugged in and to the correct jacks. Check if there is any physical damage to the cables as it can also result in no sound from the system.
You can also confirm the damage to your cable by using it on some other PC. Moreover, check if the system is not muted. To check the volume click on the Speaker icon in the right corner of your taskbar.
Fix 2: Troubleshoot the Sound Issue
If the above methods have not fixed your issue, you can try troubleshooting your sound issue and automatically fix it. Follow the steps below to do this.
- Open Control Panel and click on Troubleshooting.
- Move to the Hardware and Sound section and select Troubleshoot audio recording.
- Tick the Apply repairs automatically box, and click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to fix the no sound issue in Windows 10.
- Restart your PC and try if the sound issue is resolved
Fix 3: Reinstall your Audio Driver
If your sound driver is bugged, corrupted, or incompatible with your Windows 10 then you would face this issue of no sound and no audio on your PC. By reinstalling the compatible audio driver you can resolve this issue.
- Press the Windows key and X and select Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, select Sound, video, and game controllers then right-click on your sound card and click Uninstall.
- To confirm the uninstall, tick the Delete the driver software for this device box and click OK.
To reinstall your sound driver manually:
- Go to the manufacturer’s site and download the latest and compatible driver version for your OS.
- Go to the Downloads folder and right click the driver setup file and click on Properties.
- Now, double-click the setup file and start the installation process. Once it is installed, restart your system.
Fix 4: Update Outdated Audio Driver
- Open Device Manager and head to the Sound, video, and game controllers
- Right-click the audio device driver and choose Update driver.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software to check for any latest updates and to automatically update your audio device driver.
Fix 5: Update your Windows 10
If you have revcently upgraded Windows 10 from Win 7 it might damage audio device drivers. Updating the Windows 10 OS also happens to resolve the “No audio output device is installed” error on your windows.
- Press the Windows+I key to open Settings
- Click Update & Security.
- Go to the Windows Update and select Check for updates
- If any updates are available you will get Download & install option, click on it to update Windows.
Fix 6: Enable your device
- Press the Windows and R to open the run command
- Type devmgmt.msc in the Run box and click on the OK button.
- Go to the Sound, video, and game controllers. Then click the Action and select Add Legacy hardware
- Add Hardware Wizard will be opened. Click Next to proceed.
- Click on Search for and install hardware automatically (Recommended).
- Click Next if the wizard tells you it can’t find any new hardware on your computer.
- Now you will see a list of hardware types. Scroll down to select Sound, video, and game controllers and click Next.
- Choose the manufacturer and model of your sound card/ device, and click Next.
- Click Next to install and once the installation is completed, click Finish.
- Go back to the device manager and head back to the Sound, video, and game controllers category.
- Right-click on your audio device. Click Enable in the pop-up menu.
You may Also Like To Read These Articles
- How To Fix Windows 10 Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Issue
- How To Fix IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Driver Problem
- How To Easily Fix Windows 10 Freezes Randomly Problem
- How To Fix Stretched Screen Display Problem on Windows 10
- How To Control CPU Fan Speed on Windows 10 Laptop and PC
- 9 Best FPS Counter Software To Download For Windows 10/11