Does NZXT Cam not opening or on your PC properly? Here’s the solution.
Without a doubt, NZXT CAM is one of the best PC monitoring software that single-handedly lets you check CPU temperature, manage devices and system performance.
If you keep running CAM on your PC you can maintain normal CPU temperature, GPU temperature, and control PC fan speed. Lately, many users are complaining that NZXT CAM doesn’t open or Show CPU temp, fan speed, GPU temp, GPU load, lightning.
Sometimes it gets buggy and won’t even start and if it does run it stuck on the loading screen. If you are also dealing with NZXT CAM not opening related issues then we have a solution for you.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Table of Contents
- Causes Why NZXT CAM Not Working
How To Fix NZXT Cam Not Opening on Windows 10
- Fix 1 – Uninstall CAM Traces and Reinstall
- Fix 2 – Create Local Admin Account
- Fix 3 – Enable Cam in Windows 10 Startup App
- Fix 4 – Enable On-screen Display
- Fix 5 – Install the Latest Microsoft .NET Framework
- Fix 6 – Allow the app in Windows Firewall
- Fix 7 – NZXT CAM not Detecting Kraken
- Fix 8 – Disable Third-Party Antivirus
- Fix 9 – Reinstall the Device Drivers
- Fix 10 – Restart the Program
- Fix 11 – Update Windows 10
Causes Why NZXT CAM Not Working
The most common reasons that block NZXT CAM from starting or showing devices are.
- If NZXT CAM not opening, it’s because of software-related issues, corrupted drivers, or third-party apps that prevent it from starting up.
- If NZXT CAM not installing then it might be wrong PC settings or corrupt files of the previous version.
- If NZXT CAM not detecting devices, it’s because the hardware is not supported or it’s not connected to the system. Unresponsive peripherals are also the major cause of CAM not showing anything.
- If NZXT CAM nor showing FPS, it’s because you haven’t changed OSD settings within the app.
- If NZXT Cam not showing CPU temp, GPU temp, fan speed, lightning, then again you may have disabled OSD options.
How To Fix NZXT Cam Not Opening on Windows 10
One of these fixes will help you resolve NZXT CAM not working related issues.
Fix 1 – Uninstall CAM Traces and Reinstall
If the NZXT CAM doesn’t launch even if you tried running via an administrator or reinstalling CAM. It’s because this tool wasn’t uninstalled properly and it still has traces on your PC.
Follow these steps:
- Uninstall CAM software using the uninstaller that comes with CAM.
- Open the folder where you have installed the CAM and you can find the uninstaller there. Run it.
- Clean every left-over CAM leaves once you uninstall it that includes removing Short Cut.
- Delete every file that had “NZXT” or “CAM” written with it.
- Delete the entire NZXT CAM folder from %appdata% (type it in your Windows search bar). (Alternatively, you can access C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\NZXT CAM and press enter).
- Open the system32 folder and locate Tasks and remove CAM files.
- Reboot your PC.
- To make sure and fix problems that block the program from being installed Microsoft has developed a tool. Download it and run it.
- Download NZXT CAM website and run it.
So you have to purge CAM completely from your system. Do it and you won’t see CAM software won’t open problem.
Fix 2 – Create Local Admin Account
This fix was suggested on a forum where a random user solved NZXT CAM won’t load problem. Once he updated his 3080 GPU with new drivers he starts facing startup problems. Multiple rebooting NZXT CAM wouldn’t load it.
His Solution: Every time I’d click to start NZXT CAM, the mouse would change to show activity and then nothing. So, I did as you suggested. I created a local admin account. Found the executable inside program files and launched it. I switched back over to my usual windows login and ran NZXT CAM and it started. However, things were right. I think that might be because I left it running in the new account. So, I rebooted and viola it worked just as it had the previous time I used the PC. Lighting set right, Kracken display set correctly.
Fix 3 – Enable Cam in Windows 10 Startup App
You won’t be able to open CAM if you have disabled the option in Windows 10. Firstly check if CAM is allowed to start up with windows.
To do this:
- Press Windows + I to open settings.
- Click on Apps and then search for the “Startup” application via the Windows 10
- Make sure CAM is set to “On“.
Additionally, make sure that CAM is also made to run on Windows startup.
Fix 4 – Enable On-screen Display
If the NZXT CAM not showing CPU temps then it’s the on-screen settings that are causing this problem. You can easily fix this issue by changing the OSD settings.
Here is how you can do this-
- Run NZXT CAM
- Go on the OSD settings and enable the CPU temp in Overlay and Mini Mode Tab
- Hit apply
Fix 5 – Install the Latest Microsoft .NET Framework
If the CAM software still not opening then it may be outdated NET. Framework installed in your system. It’s an essential program that enables other apps to run on your PC.
If it is not present or it’s outdated then CAM won’t launch, so you need to update it from the official site.
Fix 6 – Allow the app in Windows Firewall
Some users reported that it’s the Windows 10 firewall that prevented NZXT CAM from running. So this process can help you get rid of the error.
If you permit to run CAM software on Windows it will quickly resolve this matter. Here’s how to do it.
- Press Windows + R key and type Control Panel.
- Then click on System & Security > Windows Defender Firewall.
- From the left side click on “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall”
- In the following windows from the list select CAM and Tik the boxes under the Private and Public tab.
- Click OK and Restart the software to check if it fixed NZXT CAM not opening.
Fix 7 – NZXT CAM not Detecting Kraken
If you have Kraken cooler installed in your system and Kraken not showing up in CAM or it’s not recognizing Kraken X31, X41, X42, X52, X53, X61, X62, X63, X72, or X73. Then you need to download NZXT Kraken Driver from their site.
You will get a file in the Zip folder extract it and then right-click the AseUSB.inf file and select “Install”. Now Restart your PC.
Also check the USB connection from the CAM Powered Device to your motherboard, if needed change the ports.
Fix 8 – Disable Third-Party Antivirus
Sometimes third-party antiviruses also cause CAM software from running. If you have such a malware removal tool then you need to uninstall or disable it from running.
Most antivirus tools have built-in features to disable them from running. you can also create a white list and add CAM to it.
Fix 9 – Reinstall the Device Drivers
Most of the time these are the outdated device drivers that cause the app from running properly. To fix it simply update the device drivers.
Even if you have recently updated the driver we recommend that you should reinstall the drivers.
Here is how you can do that:
- Press Windows + R then type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- It will open a device manager listing all the devices
- Click on a device to expand the list and Right-Click on it to update or Uninstall.
Fix 10 – Restart the Program
Simply restarting sometimes proves the simple recipe to fix CAM won’t working problem. Occasionally, windows 10 blocks the app from running. If you just end the process and run that app again will fix the problem.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to open Task Manager.
- Select the process that’s causing the issue Right-Click over it and choose End Task.
- Close the task manager and run CAM software again.
Fix 11 – Update Windows 10
Microsoft still releasing updates for Windows 10, it’s to fix bugs and errors. If you haven’t updated Win 10 ten you need to do it now. Because outdated OS can cause Kraken not to show up in CAM error.