Omegle is a free website for online chat. It allows its users to socialize with random strangers via one-on-one chat sessions without any registration. Some of its users are encountering an extremely irritating error that is “Error connecting to server”. According to them, it occurs when they are trying to connect or during a chat session.
There can be multiple reasons behind this error such as temporary glitches. Simple restarting of the computer and your modem/router can fix it. Unplug the switches of both devices and plug them again after 5 to 10 minutes. And also make sure you should have an active and stable internet connection.
If restarting does not give you any advantage, then don’t worry. Here we have explained the best methods to fix the Omegle error connecting to the server.
Note: In case, this error is happening due to a problem with the Omegle server then you have to wait until the issue is resolved, you can check it by visiting this website.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
How Can We Fix the Omegle Error Connecting to the Server?
Here some troubleshooting ways are described to get rid of Omegle error connecting to the server.
1. Try using another device
The most simple fix you can try is trying another device if it enables the internet and accesses Omegle without any error then well and good. If not, then at least you would have the surety that not only your device, getting the Omegle error connecting to the server.
2. Connect from another network
Even if your device didn’t block Omegle then maybe the network that you are using has some firewall restrictions. For ruling it out, connect from another network. In case, it works then probably your IP is banned from the Omegle server or maybe your ISP implemented restrictions on using this service.
3. Use a VPN
Mostly Omegle error connecting to the server problem occurs when your connected network has restricted in your region. To tackle this problem you can use a VPN. To set the VPN manually is very time taking and you also needed computer skills. But don’t worry, some VPNs are also available that are easy to use such as Nord VPN.
It provides fast, stable, and secure service. If you are not sure whether you should use or not you can use it on a free trial version for almost 30 days, during it you will always select opt-out or stick to the service.
Here is the guide on how you can use NordVPN:
- Firstly, download NordVPN and install it.
- Pick a location where you want to connect after launching NordVPN.
- Then reload Omegle and check whether it showing the error or not, once the VPN connection is set. If it doesn’t work then move towards the next method.
5. Clear your browser cache
Cache and cookies are used to store information on browsers which helps in loading a website in less time. But oftentimes outdated information leads to not connecting errors. If you will clear the cache, it can be fixed, so follow the guide to do so:
How to clear the cache on Google Chrome?
- Firstly, press the Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys together after opening Google Chrome.
- Then select the desired time range for deleting the cache, then checkmark the box Cache images and files and select Clear data.
- All your cache data of Google Chrome is deleted and now launch the Omegle to check if the error is fixed.
How to clear the cache on Mozilla Firefox?
- First of all, select the menu icon and then click on Options in Firefox.
- Then further click on Privacy & Security and select the Clear Data option.
- Firefox browser’s cache data is removed. now launch the Omegle to check if the error is fixed.
How to clear the cache on Mac Safari?
- Firstly, click on Safari at the top and then click on Preferences in Safari.
- Now select the option Privacy then click on Manage Website Data….
- Then select Remove All, and select Remove Now from the pop-up window to confirm.
- Lastly, select Done, safari browser’s cache data is removed. Now launch the Omegle to check if the error is fixed.
You can also try switching the browsers for instance if you are using chrome then switch to Firefox and vice versa.
5. Flush DNS and renew your IP
With time, your PC will cache the IP address and DNS results automatically. It is fine to some extent but it sometimes causes connection errors. So to fix it let’s reset your IP and flush DNS to fix it:
- Firstly type the Command Prompt by pressing the Window key.
- Then select Run as administrator from the right side, command terminal will appear.
- Type the following commands one after one carefully and hit Enter after each one. Hold on until the success message will pop up to confirm.
netsh winsock reset
- Now launch the Omegle to check whether the Omegle error connecting to the server is fixed or not, if not then jump to the next solution.
6. Contact Omegle Support
If none of the above methods gave you any advantage to resolve the Omegle error connecting to the server then you should contact Omegle support and file a complaint about it through for a solution.