Is the Onikuma Headset mic not working on XBOX or Windows 10/11 PC or does your PC pick up the headset but won’t register the mic? Don’t worry here are the solutions.
When users plugged in the Onikuma gaming headset in their XBOX, PS4, or PC its mic won’t work. If you are dealing with this situation then you are not alone.
It’s a common issue that can easily be fixed.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why Onikuma Headset Mic Won’t Work
Onikuma has released different gaming headset models i.e. K9, K10, K19, K5, K8, and K1 to name a few.
If the Onikuma gaming headset mic not working on a PC or XBOX one the common causes are:
- Outdated audio drivers.
- Windows privacy settings not configured rightly
- Onikuma mic not set as default device
- Outdated XBOX one controller.
How To Fix Onikuma Headset Mic Not Working
Before applying the below fixes make sure that you have tried
- Replugging the Onikuma headset
- Used it on another device
- Or, check the mute switches to rule out chances of faulty hardware.
Check Windows Privacy Settings
Make sure that you have turned on the Windows 10/11 privacy settings that allow apps and programs to access Onikuma Headset Mic.
Follow these steps:
- Press Win + I to open Settings > Privacy.
- Click on the Microphone tab from the left panel and then click on the Change button.
- Now use the slider to turn on Microphone access for this device.
- Turn on Allow desktop apps to access your microphone options.
After that, you should be able to use the Onikuma headset mic with any device on your PC.
Set Onikuma Mic As The Default Device
The Onikuma headset mic not working problem on PC occurs to those users who are using multiple inputs devices.
In that case, set the Onikuma headset mic as default. Follow these steps:
- Press Win + R and type in the control panel then press Enter.
- Once the Control Panel open go to the Hardware & Sound > Sound
- Select the Recording tab. Then right-click your Onikuma headset mic and click Enable (if it’s not) and click Set as Default Device.
- If you don’t see it listed, right-click any blank space and tick Show Disabled Devices.
- Again right-click the microphone again and select Properties.
- On the Levels tab, check whether the microphone is muted. If yes, click the speaker icon to unmute it and drag the volume slider to the max.
Update Your Audio Driver
You may be dealing with the Onikuma headset mic not working problem on Windows 10 PC because you have an outdated, faulty, or incompatible audio driver.
You need to check them and if they are outdated update them to fix the issue. For this purpose, you can opt for the Manual or Automatic method.
To manually update your Onikuma headset drivers with generic devices follow these steps:
- Press Windows + R key and type devmgmt.msc to open the Device Manager.
- Double-Click on the category “Audio inputs and outputs“.
- Right click on your headset mic driver and select “Update Driver“.
- Next select “Browse my computer for drivers“
- Click on “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer“.
- Make sure the option “Show compatible hardware” is checked.
- Select Generic device and click Next.
However, if you don’t have PC skills or time to do it then simply download Driver Easy and install it on your PC.
The Driver Easy is a professional computer drivers updater program that automatically scans and installs the outdated system’s driver.
Using this tool you can also create a system restore point that helps you roll back the drivers if anything goes wrong. This program is available in Free Trial and Pro versions.
Fix Onikuma Headset Mic Not Working on XBOX One
If you keep facing the Onikuma headset mic not working on XBOX One, it’s because the controller is outdated. Just update the Controller’s firmware and get away with this issue.
To update it, kindly follow the steps below:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories.
- Then select the controller you want to update.
- On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.
- If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided.