The only thing that I don’t like is a game full of errors. Lately, I downloaded Outriders, and the moment I run the it it won’t launch. mostly the Outriders won’t launch issue is associated with incompatible hardware, antivirus software, or corrupted game files.
For me, it’s a frustrating situation so I searched around the internet and found almost all fixes that have the possibility to fix Outriders won’t launch, start, or crash issues.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why Outriders Won’t Launch or Crash on PC?
There are multiple reasons that could become a source of Outriders Not launching on PC. The most common are below:
- The system does not meet the minimum system requirements
- Outdated graphics driver
- Corrupt game files
- Conflicting software that you might have installed on your PC
- Antivirus software blocking the game from launch
- Unnecessary background tasks
- Overlay apps issues
How Do I Fixed Outriders Won’t Launch, Start, or Crashing on PC
You don’t need to apply all of the fixes at once. Just work your way down the list until you find the right solution.
1. Check System Requirements
You should Check if your PC has met the minimum requirements for Outriders:
|Minimum Specifications||Recommended Specifications|
|OS||Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 10 64-bit|
|Processor||Intel i5-3470 / AMD FX-8350||Intel i7-7700K / AMD Ryzen 5 2600X|
|Memory||8GB RAM||16 GB RAM|
|Storage||70GB available space||70 GB available space|
|Graphics||Nvidia GeForce GTX 750ti / AMD Radeon R9 270x||Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, 8 GB / Radeon RX Vega 56, 8 GB|
|DirectX||Version 11||Version 12|
|Others||720p / 60fps||1080p / 60fps|
2. Run as Administrator
Sometimes your system doesn’t give your game enough permissions for it to launch. So you may want to grant the game administrative rights for it to function properly. To run as administrator:
- First, you need to navigate to the installation location of your game.
- If you play on Epic Games, it’s typically in C:Program FilesEpic GamesOUTRIDERS.
- For Steam, you can find it via the Steam client:
- In your library, right-click Outriders, then click Properties.
- Under LOCAL FILES, click Browse.
- Once you locate your game files right-click OUTRIDERS-Win64-Shipping.exe, then select Run as administrator. If prompted for permission, click Yes.
Check if you can launch Outriders. If this doesn’t help, try the next solution.
Fix 3. Verify game files integrity
If there are some missing or corrupted game files then it also causes a Not launching issue.
You can verify the integrity of the game files for it to launch properly:
On Epic Games Launcher:
- Find Outriders in your library, and click on the three-dot icon next to the game title.
- In the drop-down menu, click Verify.
- It could take some time for Epic Games Launcher to scan your files.
- Find Outriders in your library then right-click the game then select Properties.
- Under LOCAL FILES, click Verify integrity of game files.
- It could take a few minutes for the scan to complete depending on the size. If anything’s missing or damaged, Steam will add the required files to your local folder.
Once complete then launch the game to see if the problem remains. If this doesn’t give you luck, move on to the next solution.
Fix 4. Update your graphics driver
Outriders Not Launching and Crashing on PC because of outdated or corrupted device drivers. To improve gaming performance you need to update the device driver. There are two methods to update your system’s cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit the concerned site and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated device drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 5. Allow the game through your firewall
Sometimes third-party antivirus software could also conflict with your game, In order to stop your game from being blocked, there are two options:
- Allow Outriders and your game launcher through the firewall
- Temporarily disable your antivirus program
Allow Outriders and your game launcher through the firewall
- In the search bar next to the Start button, type firewall then click Allow an app through Windows Firewall.
- Click Change settings.
- Click Allow another app
- Now Click Browse.
- Navigate to the folder containing your game files.
For Steam, it’s in C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamappscommon by default.
For Epic Games, you should find it in C:Program FilesEpic GamesOUTRIDERS
Once you locate OUTRIDERS-Win64-Shipping.exe, select it then click Open.
- Click Add.
- Check the box of the network type you would allow Outriders to access. If you play at home or at friend’s, check Private. Then click OK.
For Steam clients:
- Go to C:Program Files (x86)Steam, look for steam.exe, and follow the above steps to allow it through the firewall. You may also see other relevant files ending with .exe, such as steamerrorreporter.exe. Make sure to allow those through the firewall as well.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Go to C:Program Files (x86)Epic GamesLauncherPortalBinariesWin64.
- Once you locate EpicGamesLauncher.exe, follow the steps above to allow it through firewall.
Temporarily disable your antivirus program
For those on Steam, you may see this specific error “Steam client logged in without privileges. It is required. Exiting.” If you encountered this error or you’re currently using a third-party antivirus tool, consider temporarily disabling your antivirus software and test the issue:
If the game launches, it the good. You can play Outriders with your antivirus program. Remember to be extra cautious with downloads from the Internet when your PC is not under full protection. But if the problem persists, consider contacting the antivirus supplier for support.
If this goes in vain then try the next fix below
Fix 6. Check your Razer software
This solution is for those using Razer software. If you don’t have any installed on your PC, skip to the last solution.
- If you’ve been using Razer software, particularly Razer Synapse, then this fix may solve your problem. Some gamers found that the Razer software could be interfering with Outriders. Uninstalling Razer software might help you to fix your problem.
- Uninstall Razer Synapse, and any other Razer software you have installed.
- If you want to keep using Razer Synapse, you can try to uninstall and then reinstall it. Make sure you select ONLY Razer Synapse in the installer, and do not install other modules since they could interfere with Outriders.
Now check if you are able to launch Outriders and overcome the Crashing issue then ENJOY! If not then try the next fix below.
Fix 7. Reinstall Outriders
Reinstalling the game can solve the not-launching issue in some cases. To reinstall Outriders:
- Find Outriders in your library. Right-click the game, select Manage then click Uninstall.
- Once Outrider is removed from your computer, you’ll see the option to install the game on the Outrider’s page from your library.
- Reinstall the game.
On Epic Games Launcher:
- Go to your library, and click on the three-dot icon next to Outriders.
- Click Uninstall.
- Once the game is uninstalled, restart your Epic Games Launcher and reinstall the game.