The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is the latest title and it is considered to be the most beloved Nintendo Switch game. Sadly, publishers are locking games to their own platforms. The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom is a Nintendo Switch game.
Due to the switch game, it is locked at minimal FPS and resolution. However, if you want to play Zelda Tears of the Kingdom on PC you can unlock FPS to 60 with a 4K resolution.
With the Switch emulators, we can play games on Windows PC. These emulator work by creating a virtual environment on your PC that imitates the structure of the platform for which the game was created. Popular emulators known as CeMu, Yuzu, or Ryujinx can help you play Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom on PC.
However, using these emulators can be a bit difficult. So follow the steps below to play Legend of Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom on PC.
How do I run Zelda on a Windows PC?
1. Play Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom On The CeMu Emulator
CeMu is a fantastic emulator that enables Windows users to enjoy Nintendo Switch and Wii U games on their computers. To ensure smooth gameplay, your PC should have a minimum of 4GB RAM, support for OpenGL 4.1, and a powerful processor and video card.
One of CeMu’s standout features is its ability to run games in stunning 4K resolution, provided your system meets the requirements. It fully supports NVIDIA and AMD GPUs but does not work with Intel GPUs.
For controller inputs, CeMu offers a diverse range of options, including emulated support for DRC, pro and classic controllers, Wiimotes with native compatibility, keyboard, and USB controllers.
To enhance the gaming experience further, CeMu recently released the Clarity FX pack, which can be applied to games like Tears of The Kingdom. This pack significantly improves visual quality, particularly with the higher resolution offered by the emulator.
How To Play Tears of the Kingdom Using CeMu Emulator
Follow these steps:
- First download the latest version of the Cemu Wii U emulator compatible with your PC.
- Make sure that you have a high to mid-spec gaming PC.
- Unzip the CeMu folder.
- Now it will ask you to configure the command.
- You can go to the “Options” menu and select “Input settings” to configure commands.
- A new window will appear where you can set game commands
- Select “Wii U GamePad” under “Controller 1“.
2. Play Legend of Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom On The Yuzu Emulator
Another best option to play Tears of the Kingdom on PC is to use the Yuzu emulator. It is much easier to install as compared to the previous emulator.
How To Play Tears of the Kingdom Using Yuzu Emulator
- Download and install the latest version of the Yuzu emulator.
- Open Yuzu and select Files > Open Yuzu Folder > keys.
- Paste the prod.keys and title.keys files in the keys folder.
- Open Yuzu and select Add New Game Directory.
- Locate and select the Legend of Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom XCI or NSP file to play the game on PC via the Yuzu emulator.
3. Play Legend of Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom On The Ryujinx Emulator
The third best and most reliable option is to use Ryujinx. Unlike other Switch emulator, it requires Nintendo Switch firmware installation.
How To Play Tears of the Kingdom Using Ryujinx Emulator
Follow the steps given below to install the firmware and the game.
- Download and install the latest version of the Ryujinx emulator.
- Open Ryujinx and select Files > Open Ryujinx Folder > System.
- Paste the prod.keys and title.keys files in the systems folder.
Go to Tools > Install Firmware > Install firmware from XCI or ZIP.
- Select the Nintendo Switch firmware file you downloaded.
- Click yes to install the Nintendo Switch firmware file.
- Go to File > Load Application from File.
- Locate and select Legend of Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom XCI or NSP file to play the game on PC via the Ryujinx emulator.