Dealing with PS4 Error CE-34788-0! PlayStation4 system software update error!
You will encounter PS4 error CE-34788-0 while updating system software with the corrupted/damaged file.
When you turn on Playstation4 it will show a black screen with an error message that;
The update file cannot be used.
Connect a USB storage device that contains an update file for reinstallation version…..
Most users can easily fix the CE-34788-0 error without losing their precious data just by re-downloading the update file using the USB storage device or going into PS4 safe mode.
In case you can’t reinstall the PS4 system software then follow the solutions explained in this article. Read our article to fix CE-36329-3 or CE-32809-2
What PS4 Error (CE-34788-0) Appear?
The most common causes that trigger this PS4 error are:
- Due to PS4 WiFi connection interruption, the PS4 system software update file was corrupted.
- Didn’t download the proper PS4 update file from their PS4 system software update official page.
- Interruption in the PS4 power supply while downloading the update.
- The USB storage device is defective or the USB port is malfunctioning.
How Do I Fixed PS4 Error CE-34788-0?
One of the below-mentioned solutions will surely fix the PS4 system software update error.
Fix 1. Hard Reset the PS4 Console
You should reinstall the PS4 update but before that give your PlayStation4 a hard reset. Follow these steps:
- Press and hold the PS4 Power button to completely shut down the console.
- Disconnect the power source from the console and make sure that all the power if drained from the system.
- Wait for the console to remain in this state for 1 minutes.
- Reconnect the power cable and wait till the front LED light to change from white to orange color).
- Power on the PS4 and confirm if the CE-34788-0 PS4 error code is fixed.
Fix 2. Manually Update PS4 System Through Safe Mode
PS4 system updates automatically but if it failed during installation then you need to download it on PC/Mac and flash it inside your console.
- Visit the PlayStation website and download the latest PS4 update.
- Now grab a USB drive with storage space of 8GB and connect it with your PC/MAC.
- Create a folder named PS4, and inside this folder create another folder named UPDATE (Use all Caps).
- Now move the PS4 update to the Flash Drive.
- Disconnect all other storage devices if attached with the PS4 except USB.
- Make sure that PS4 console is turned off, insert USB flash drive.
- Now press and hold the PS4 power button until you hear twice beeps to enter in Safe Mode.
- Connect DualShock4 Controller using the USB cable and press PS button.
- Inside the Safe Mode, select Update System Software > Update from USB Storage Device > Ok.
- The PS4 will locate the updated file, now click Next to install the update.
- click the Update button to restart the system and install the update.
- The update will begin once it’s finished PS4 will again restart.
Fix 3. Full-Initialize the PS4
If the PS4 error keeps crashing your console then you need to initialize it. During this process, all your data saved data will be erased so create a backup first.
It is recommended that you go into the Safe mode and from the menu choose Options 6 (Initialize PS4 Reinstall System Software)
Fix 4. Repair the PS4 Hard Drive
Wierd PS4 errors also appear when there’s a bad sector on the PS4 hard drive that keeps crashing or corrupting the system files.
So you need to repair the PS4 hard drive. For that take it out and connect it with the computer and perform a clean Formate.
Fix 5. Rebuild the PS4 Database
Yet another option that you can avail of is to rebuild the PS4 database. It will fix all the issues relating to the PS4 operating system.
- Press the power button to turn off the PS4 system.
- Again press and hold the power button and release it once you hear second beep.
- It will open Safe Mode
- Connect the DUALSHOCK 4 with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
- Choose Option 5 (Rebuild Database).
- Wait for the process to complete then see if this has resolved PS4 Error (CE-34788-0).