This PS4 Error CE-43461-8 often appears when downloading the latest software or firmware update.
Unlike other PS4 errors i.e. CE-34788-0, CE-36329-3, CE-32809-2 this error occurs at the end of the updating procedure.
The CE-43461-8 is linked with the internal hard drive of the system. Other causes include corrupt databases, pending updates, or HDD/SSD inconsistency.
How to Fix PS4 Error CE-43461-8 Easily
Apply these fixes as one of them will surely help you solve PS4 error codes.
Fix 1. Delete Pending/Failed Update
The PS4 error CE-43461-8 problem quite commonly occurs due to a glitch with the notification queue.
If there’s any software update pending in the queue due to failure. It will sit there in the download section causing a blockage. All you need is to enter your downloads section and cancel or delete the failed update.
- Navigate to Settings > System Software Update > OK.
Let the software update and check that the download hasn’t failed again.
Fix 2. Install Software Using Safe Mode
If the above fix didn’t work for you. Then you need to update the software using the Safe Mode. To do this follow the steps below.
- Turn off your console and then hold down the power button for around seven seconds until you hear two beeps.
- Connect your DS4 controller using the provided USB cable.
- Then press the PS button to access Safe Mode.
- Select “Update System Software” and follow the on-screen instructions.
Fix 3. Rebuild PS4 Database
If there’s any problem with the PS4 Blue-Ray drive, maybe that’s why you are seeing PS4 Error CE-43461-8. You need to rebuild the database of your PS4.
- Press the power button to turn off the PS4 console.
- Again press and hold the power button and release it once you hear the second beep.
- Connect your dualShock4 controller using the cable and press the PS button.
- From the Safe Mode manu select the Rebuild Database options from the list.
- The process will start wait for a minute and then restart your PS4 console.
Fix 4. Install the Pending Firmware Manually
If the pending update doesn’t run automatically then you need to install it manually using the USB device.
- First, grab a USB device and formate it to the FAT file system.
- Now create a folder namely PS4 and inside it again create folder UPDATE using all Caps.
- Visit the official website and download the update in question on the USB device.
- Now access to the PS4 Safe Mode.
- Connect the DualShock4 controller using a USB cable and press the PS button.
- From the menu choose Update System Software > Update from USB Storage Device
Follow the onscreen instruction when the update is installed in PS4 it will restart.
Fix 5. Initialize PS4
If none of the above fixes work for you then you need to perform full initialization on PS4. It will erase all the saved data but it will surely resolve PS4 Error CE-43461-8.
Tip:- Create a backup of all the stored data on the PS4.
Simply boot up the console in safe mode and go to the Initialize PS4 option.