Are you stuck with the PS5 HDMI port not working issue or PS5 No signal on TV? Don’t worry you can easily fix this issue.
Many users are dealing with PS5 no signal showing on TV when they turn on their console. Instead, the display shows up the PS5 shows only a black screen.
If you have also connected the HDMI cable with the PS5 port and nothing is displayed on the TV, you may also have a faulty HDMI cable or PS5 HDMI port.
Here in this article, we have explained the signs of a faulty PS5 HDMI port not working along with the reasons and fixes to resolve your PS5’s video output.
Table of Contents
- How to Check Faulty PS5 HDMI Port
- Causes of PS5 HDMI Port Issues
- How To Fix PS5 HDMI Not Working
- You Might Also Like:
How to Check Faulty PS5 HDMI Port
There are several indicators to pinpoint the PS5 HDMI port not working issue:
- In most cases your TV only displays a black screen or a message i.e. “No Input” “No Signal.”
- If you are the correct HDMI channel for PS5 and TV then you will only see “No Signal on TV” message
- You will see a blur picture on the PS5 screen with the broken audio quality.
- When you turn on the PS5 it displays a blue light for an extended period shut itself down. It indicates that there is a hardware issue and you need to find PS5 HDMI port repair near you to find replacement.
If you can see the above signs then, there’s a problem with your PS5’s HDMI port and you need to fix it.
Causes of PS5 HDMI Port Issues
There are many reasons why your PS5 HDMI port may not be working, including:
- Dirt and dust accumulation in the port, which can interrupt and even damage video/audio transmission.
- The HDMI cable pins are bent from excessive force.
- The HDMI port is damaged from inserting the cable too forcefully.
- The HDMI chip on the PS5 motherboard has become faulty.
How To Fix PS5 HDMI Not Working
Apply the steps below to identify and fix the PS5 HDMI port not working. If a suggestion doesn’t work, move on to the next step.
Fix 1. Check PS5 and HDTV HDMI Ports
If you aren’t seeing a signal on TV while your PS5 HDMI cable is connected then first physically check the HDMI cable and port for any dust or damage.
- Unplug the HDMI cable from the PS5 and TV. Try switching the ends of HDMI cables.
- Check if the HDMI port’s pins are bent or damaged.
- Make sure that no dust is accumulation in the PS5 HDMI port.
- Plugin the HDMI cable of your PS5 into your TV and vice versa.
- Unplug the power cable of your TV from the switch, and then plug it back in.
Fix 2. Boot Into Your PS5 Safe Mode
Try booting your PS5 in Safe Mode and change the video output. This fix has resolved the PS5 HDMI port not working issue for many users.
To do this apply these steps:
- Press and hold the power button for three seconds to turn off PS5 console. You will see a light blink for a few moments before turning off.
- Once the PS5 is off again press and hold the power button and release it when you hear a second beep.
- Connect the controller with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
- Once you are in Safe Mode, select Option 2 – Change Video Output.
- Then set HDCP to HDCP 1.4 only and restart your console.
Fix 3. Disable HDR settings on TV
The PS5 HDR settings sometimes cause conflict with modern TV models. If you have enabled the HDR settings you will see a blinking or flickering screen.
You need to disable HDR settings on your PS5. Follow these steps:
- Go to PS5 Settings > Screen and Video > Video Output > HDR and turn it off.
Fix 4. Buy HDMI 2.1 For PS5 Console
We assume that you are using HDMI 2.1 cable with the PS5 console. That’s the supported cable that you need to use and if you are seeing no signal on TV the cable itself can be the cause.
To fix the PS5 HDMI port not working you need to buy the HDMI 2.1 Ultra High-Speed cable.
Fix 5. Power Cycling Your PS5 to Fix PS5 HDMI Not Working
If the above fixes don’t resolve the PS5 HDMI port not working problem then as a last resort power cycle your console.
Follow these steps:
- Press and Hold the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds until it turns off completely.
- Unplug the power plug from the back of the console.
- Now press and hold the power button several times until there’s no remaining power which will clean all the cache and drain the PS5 from any current.
- Now wait for 4 to 5 minutes and plugin everything back and try running PS5 and check if the thePS5 HDMI Not Working Issue is solved.
Fix 6. Update Firmware of Smart TV
If you have a Smart TV, make sure the firmware has been updated to the latest version.
To do that you need to connect your smart TV with the internet and then update the software. Sometimes the TV itself causes no screen issue while connecting with the PS5 console.
You Might Also Like:
- How To Update Games on PS4 (Auto & Manual)
- PS5 Won’t Turn On – Why Is My PS5 Not Working?
- Why PS4 Controller Works In Big Picture But Not In-Game
- Fix: PS4 Error CE-43461-8: PS4 Update Error
- Fix: PS4 Error CE-34788-0: System Software update Error
- Fixed: PS4 Error CE-36329-3 [New Updates For PS4]