Is PUBG freezing in the middle of every game? Does PUBG not respond on PC instead it keeps crashing. Herer’s the Solution.
PlayerUnknown’s Battleground is the world-famous multiplayer PC game. Lately, many users are complaining that PUBG keeps freezes when loading the game.
Apart from freezing issues players are also telling that PUBG crashing mid-game while stuttering and then showing a black screen on PC.
Some users fixed this issue by restarting their PC and game while others who are stuck in this loop can apply PUBG troubleshooting explained below.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why is My PUBG Freezing on PC
When PUBG freezes when loading the game it’s because of,
- Outdated graphics card drivers.
- Outdated game patch.
- Windows game bar settings
- Antivirus software causing conflict
- Third party PC monitoring programs having overlay feature.
How To Fix PUBG Freezing When Loading The Game
Fix 1. Install the latest patch
PUBG developers regularly release patch notes to fix bugs and performance-related issues. Make sure that your PUBG PC version is fully updated.
You can visit their official site to install the latest patch note.
Fix 2. Update your graphics driver
Most users reported that they started dealing with PUBG freezing issues mid-game because they have outdated graphics card drivers.
Soon they updated the GPU drivers the freezing, crashing, and stuttering issues while playing PUBG were resolved.
You also need to make sure to update your GPU drivers. There are two methods to do it manually and automatically.
The automatic method is the easiest and most viable approach to perform this step. You should download Driver Easy a professional driver updater tool.
Its strong algorithm quickly scans and updates the old device drivers automatically. Driver Easy’s latest version is compatible with Windows 10 and Windows 11 PC.
Tip- If updating the GPU driver won’t solve then try to download NVIDIA driver Version 441.66 manually on your PC.
Fix 3. Run Steam As Administrator
Open the folder where you have installed Steam and locate the executable file. Right-click on it and choose the run as administrator option.
Again Reddit users solved PUBG crashing and freezing issue by running the Steam client as an administrator.
When you are playing PUBG on Steam without an administrator, Windows restricts its certain services from running. Hence you deal with PUBG, not working issues.
Fix 4. Run PUBG with Advances Settings
You can add launch options in the Steam launcher before playing PUBG. It resolves the crashing issues because it enhances the game’s performance.
Follow these steps:
- Open steam and click on Library.
- Right-click on playersunknown battleground and choose Properties.
- With in General tab click on Set Launch Options.
- In the following window add these commands -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -NOSPLASH -nomansky +mat_antialias 0 -sm4.
- Press OK
- With in the General tab again click on Steam input per-games settings and choose Focused On
Fix 5. Disable Game Bar Settings
The Windows 10 has the built-in FPS counter included in XBOX Game Bar settings. In case it’s turned on it can cause conflict while playing the game.
You should turn off all of its features to fix the PUBG freezing problem on PC. Follow these steps:
- Press Window + I to open Settings.
- Click on Gaming.
- Click on slider to Turn off XBOX Game Bar.
- Now click on Graphics Settings appearing on the right side of screen.
- Locate TSLGame.exe and assign high performance.
If you are running MSI FPS counter or something like that you should also consider uninstalling it.
Fix 6. Disable Antivirus Software
Most of the time users deal with PUBG freezing issues while loading the game because there’s antivirus software installed on their PC.
Antivirus software including Windows defender tends to think of certain game services as threats. When they try to close these services the game started showing freezing, crashing, stuttering, or not loading issues.
You should disable antivirus from running in the background or create an exception list while adding BEService.exe and Wellbia.exe security service
Fix 7. Turn Off V-Sync
If you have turned on V-Sync in the NVIDIA control panel then make sure to disable it. Follow these steps:
- Open NVIDIA control panel and select PUBG manually.
- Turn off V-sync.
- Turn off Tripple Buffering.
- Turn on Texture Filtering – Triliner Optimization.
- Texture Filtering – Quality To High Performance.
- Shadow Cache Turn off
Fix 8. Change In-Game Settings
If you have misconfigured in-game settings then while playing PUBG it will freeze ending up not responding at all.
Follow these steps to change in-game settings:
- Run PUBG and go to Settings.
- Click on Graphics tab.
- Select Anti Aliasing to Medium.
- Textures to Medium.
- Sharpen Enabled.
- Now click on GamePlay tab and Disable options under Replay heading.
- Select Display mode Windowed (It will change to Full Screen ingame)
Now you should also set the limit for the FPS. It will help the smooth running of the game.
- If you have 1050Ti then set FPS at 70.
- For 1070/1660 GPU set it to 90 FPS.
- The 2060 and up can set the 120 FPS
Fix 9. Disable overclocking
Many users overclock their PCs to get more power out of their CPU. It helps them to improve the gaming experience.
Tools like MSI Afterburner tweak the GPU settings but at the same time, it causes CPU overheating.
You need to regularly check your PC’s CPU temperature and make it operate in the ideal temp range.
You can also install the CPU cooler or manually increase fan speed. It will help you resolve PUBG freezing issues.
On the other hand run, GPU and CPU on its default settings.
Fix 10. Delete Temp Files
The PUBG freezing issues arise when there are so many unnecessary files in your Temp folder.
You need to remove these files to fix the issues, follow these steps:
- Press Windows + I and type %temp%.
- Select all the files and delete them.
If the issue persists then you might have corrupted, malfunctioned, missing Windows files.
We highly recommend downloading Reimage software on your Windows PC. This tool automatically finds, repair corrupted files, and fix system software issues.