Capcom improved the effects and graphics in the newly released Resident Evil 4 Remake. But what they still can’t resolve is the problem of the game being stuck on the loading screen on the PC.
If you’re a fan of the Resident Evil 4 Remake, you might be dealing with this frustrating issue of the game getting stuck on the loading screen. This can completely ruin your gaming experience and make it impossible to play this beloved survival horror adventure.
However, you don’t need to worry. In this article, we have provided effective solutions to fix Resident Evil 4 Remake stuck on loading screen or infinite loading screen issue on PC.
Fix Resident Evil 4 Remake Stuck on Loading Screen/Infinite Loading Screen
Most users can see the Capcom logo but after that comes an indefinite loop showing a black screen, freezing for 20 to 30 minutes. If you are in such a situation then apply the below tips.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
1. Check System Requirements
The very first thing that you should check when you see Resident Evil 4 Remake stuck on the loading screen issue is the system requirements.
It’s possible that your system can’t handle the graphical-intensive tasks and is stuck at the loading screen. You should first check the system requirement.
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 / Intel Core i5-7500
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 560 with 4GB VRAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB VRAM
- DirectX: Version 12
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)/Windows 11 (64-bit)
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / Intel Core i7 8700
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
- DirectX: Version 12
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
2. Update Graphics Card Drivers
The problem with Resident Evil 4 Remake stuck on loading screen occurs if your system is running with an outdated graphics driver. Make sure you have updated your GPU drivers to their latest version.
Although NVIDIA and AMD release game-specific updates that you can download and install on your PC it takes time.
Also updating the graphics card drivers is a time-consuming task, and if you are a newbie you can end up installing the wrong drivers.
So we recommend downloading Driver Easy software on your PC. This program is a professional system driver updater that automatically scans a PC’s old driver and updates them instantly.
The Driver Easy is an N0.1 software updater tool in its field and for 12 years users are using it to fix their PC errors.
So download Driver Easy and let it deal with all the system drivers.
3. Uninstall Conflicting Software
Additionally, the issue could be related to conflicts with other software or drivers on the player’s system, such as antivirus software or firewall software. You should uninstall any third-party tool before playing the game.
4. Verify The Game Files
In most cases, corrupt or broken game files can also cause Resident Evil 4 Remake stuck on the loading screen issues on startup. So it’s best to check the game files and if required to repair them.
- Open Steam and click the Library tab. Then right-click Resident Evil 4 Remake and select Properties.
- Click LOCAL FILES in the left tab, and select Verify integrity of game files…
- Click on the “Begin Scan” button to start the scan.
- Now wait for the process to complete
5. Deleting Cache Data
One effective solution to resolve the issue of the Resident Evil 4 Remake getting stuck on the loading or launch screen is to clear the Steam download cache. This method can prove helpful in eliminating the problem. Here are some general steps that you can follow to clear the Steam download cache.
- Open the Steam desktop app.
- Click on Steam from the menu and go to Settings.
- Go to the Downloads tab, and then click on Clear download cache.
- Restart Steam.
6. Increase Vutual RAM For Resident Evil 4 Remake
Increasing the size of your virtual RAM can also prove beneficial to play Resident Evil 4 seamlessly. Follow these steps:
- Open the Start menu and search for “Advanced System Settings.”
- Click on “View advanced system settings.”
- Click on the “Settings” button under the “Performance” section.
- Click on the “Advanced” tab and click on the “Change” button under the “Virtual memory” section.
- Uncheck the “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” option.
- Select the drive where the Game is installed and click on “Custom size.”
- Enter a new value for the initial and maximum size of the virtual RAM. The recommended size is 1.5 times your computer’s RAM.
- Click on “Set” and then click on “OK” to save the changes.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
7. Change Display Mode
If you can get into the game and while cutscene the game stuck on the loading screen then tries running the game in Window mode rather than the full screen. Many RE 4 Remake players have tried this step so you should also give it a try.
- Launch the new Resident Evil 4 Remake.
- Go to Options.
- Navigate to the Graphics Settings.
- Now, change the Display mode to Window or Borderless Window from Full screen.
- Save the Settings.
- Relaunch the game.
8. Run RE 4 Remake in Clean Boot
Follow these steps:
- Press Win + R on the keyboard to open Run.
- Type msconfig and hit Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Go to the Services tab.
- Tick Hide all Microsoft Services and click on Disable all.
- Click on Apply and OK.
- Restart your PC.
9. Ease Up your PC
Try to close the background application because background running application causes the game to stuck on the loading screen. After closing the background application see if the game starts working again.
10. Disable Overlay Programs
Overlay programs such as Discord, XBOX game bar, and Nvidia utilities can cause the game to stuck on the loading screen. Try to disable the overlay programs and see if the game starts working properly.
Disable Discord Overlay
- Launch the Discord app > Click on the gear icon at the bottom.
- Click on Overlay under App Settings > Turn on the Enable in-game overlay.
- Click on the Games tab > Select Resident Evil 4.
- Finally, turn off the Enable in-game overlay toggle.
- Make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
Disable Xbox Game Bar
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Gaming > Go to Game Bar > Turn off Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using the Game bar option.
If, in case, you’re unable to find out the Game Bar option, then just search for it from the Windows Settings menu.
11. Reinstall RE 4 Remake
If nothing works then as a last resort you can reinstall the game on your PC.