Resident Evil Village FPS drops or stutters when killing enemies! Don’t worry you can fix it.
The Resident Evil Village is a new release making it the eighth edition in the RE8 series. Just like any other game, players are reporting that while fighting daughter FPS drops or during a cutscene causes slow motion.
The experts are linking Resident Evil Village FPS drops issues with Memory Leak, still, there’s no official cause. So when a scene starts and your FPS dies then follow the troubleshooting explained here.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Instances Where Resident Evil Village Stutter
On Reddit users informed us that RE8 FPS drops problem won’t show up in the main instead there are certain places where you will see a major glitch, lag, or stuttering. Like:
- Load game saved by shopkeeper (90-110fps)
- Exit the red gate nearby (90-110fps)
- Walk to the square (90-110fps)
- Walk back and enter the shop area (30fps)
- Save and exit the game
- Reload the game to the shop area (90-110fps)
How To Fix Resident Evil Village FpS Drops on PC
The fixes explained here have helped many players so you can apply them to fix performance-related issues.
Fix 1. Restart Resident Evil Village on PC
Most of the time you can solve Resident Evil Village FPS drops issue temporarily by restarting the game.
Just exit the game and restart it again you will see student stability in the framerate.
Fix 2. Update Graphics Cards Driver
The graphics driver plays a vital role in enhancing game performance, so ensure you have the latest version on your PC.
There are two methods to update GPU drivers to their latest version. Manually or Automatically.
We recommend that you should Download Driver Easy on your Windows 10 & 11 PC. It is a professional driver updater software that automatically updates device drivers on a go.
Once you install Driver Easy on your PC, run it and it will quickly scan the system’s outdated driver. All you have to do is to press the Update button and let it do the rest of the process.
Fix 3. Modify In-Game Graphics Settings
If you are running Resident Evil Village on lower specs PC you are destined to deal with low FPS. So try to lower the in-game graphics settings so that it can work at an optimum level.
- Run Resident Evil Village and go to Options > Display.
- Set Refresh Rate to 60.00Hz (recommended).
- Set Frame Rate to 30/60 according to your preference.
- Turn On Vertical Synchronization.
- Set Rendering Mode to Normal or Interlaced.
- Set Image Quality to 1.
- Choose FidelityFX CAS to ON.
Fix 4. Optimize NVIDIA GPU Settings
If you are still dealing with Resident Evil Village FPS drops while playing on PC then tweak GPU settings.
- Right-click on an empty desktop screen and select Open NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Go to Manage 3D Settings from the left.
- Choose the Resident Evil Village game from the program list.
- Change Power Management Mode to maximize performance.
You can also make custom changes to certain programs:
- Image Sharpening: Off
- Threaded Optimization: On
- Power Management: Prefer Maximum Performance
- Low Latency Mode: Off
- Vertical sync: Off
- Texture filtering – Quality: Performance
Fix 5. Install The Latest Game Patch
Another thing that you should look for while fixing FPS drops problem in games is the game patches.
The developer regularly releases the latest game patch to fix performance-related issues i.e. lagging, stuttering, and slow motion.
Fix 6. Disable the Steam Overlay
The overlay does give your game a boost in performance but it also causes interruption during gameplay.
If are using Steam, Discord, or GeForce overlay then disables them and then run the game.
Fix 7. Set Resident Evil Village to High Priority
If you allocate more resources to the Resident Evil Village it will decrease performance issues. Follow these steps:
- Run the game.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Esc to open Task Manager.
- Navigate to the Detail tab.
- Right-click the main process of Resident Evil Village.
- Hover on Set Priority and select High.
Now restart the game to see if the in-game FPS improves. If not then proceed to the next fix.
Fix 8. Close Apps Running In The Background
If you are running multiple apps while playing Resident Evil Village then it’s will cause an FPS drops issue.
All you need to do is to open Task Manager and right-click on the processes to End Task.
Fix 9. Check For PC Overheating
Many users complained that Resident Evil overheating causes FPs drops, stuttering, or lagging problems.
If the temperature is high then take precautions to prevent overheating. You should also avoid CPU or GPU overclocking.
Fix 10. Optimize Windows OS For The Best Performance
It’s a good idea to check the system requirements of a PC game before installing it. In case your system doesn’t meet hardware requirements then there are built-in Windows settings to enhance the system performance.
Follow these steps:
- Press Win + R to type SystemPropertiesAdvanced and hit Enter.
- With in System Properties click on Advance tab.
- Under Performance section click on Settings.
- In the Visual Effects tab, select Adjust for best performance.
- Click on Apply and OK.
Now run the Resident Evil Village to check if FPS drops issue is fixed.