Is Roblox FPS Unlocker not working or do you want to uncap the 60FPS limit on Roblox but Axstin’s RFU doesn’t work?
Instead, you see Roblox FPS Unlocker is already running in task manager or you have to deal with Roblox FPS unlocker variable scan failed.
When you run RFU you keep seeing Roblox fps unlocker variable scan failed with a detailed error like:
[error] variable scan failed! make sure your framerate is at ~60.0 fps (press shift+f5 in-game) before using roblox fps unlocker.
The Axtin’s Roblox FPS Unlocker is an amazing utility that allows you to increase the Roblox frame rate beyond the usual of 60 frames per second.
Many users solve rbxfpsunlocker not working problem simply by restarting the game but it’s not a permanent solution. The outdated Roblox FPS unlocker version is one of the main reasons that causes FPS Unlocker to not work properly.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why is my FPS Unlocker Not Working?
In most cases, the FPS unlocker not working issue is directly related to an outdated version. Currently, Austin’s rbxfpsunlocker 4.4.2 is the latest version available to download. Any Roblox updates can make the current 4.4.2 Unlocker versions incompatible.
When this happens, you need to visit the developer releases and download the compatible version.
How to Fix Roblox FPS Unlocker Not Working
Those users who want to increase FPS output but after downloading rbxfpsunlocker are stuck at 60 FPS can find the below solution useful.
Solution 1. Download The Latest Version
If you are running the outdated version of the FPS unlocker then you need to update it to its latest version.
Follow these steps:
- Download Roblox FPS Unlocker’s latest version or visit;
- Extract 32-bit or 64-bit version zip files (according to your OS version) into a folder.
- Run rbxfpsunlocker.exe before or after starting Roblox.
- Get more than 60 fps instantly.
Solution 2. Run Roblox FPS Unlocker As An Administrator
If you are not running this with an administrator then Windows OS will restrict its access causing not working problem.
- Press Alt + Ctrl + Delete and choose to open Task Manager
- End all tasks/processes related to Roblox that are already running.
- Locate the folder where you have installed the FPS Unlocker and right-click on the rbsfpsunlocker.exe > Properities > Compatibility Tab.
- Check the box Run as administrator.
- Press Apply and then OK.
Now try to run the FPS Unlocker program and see if it running and enabling you to change FPS.
How To Use Roblox FPS Unlocker on PC?
This tool is very easy to use. All you need is to download its latest version and extract the folder.
Now visit Roblox.com to run any game. While playing press Shift + F5 to check the maximum FPS you are getting (usually you get 60 FPS).
Run the FPS unlocker program when you again try to run the game. Press Shift + F5 and check the new number on FPS that you are getting.
Is Roblox FPS Unlocker Safe?
Many Roblox users ask that will they be banned if they used Roblox FPS unlocker. Rest assured this tool is completely safe to use.
Unless you have downloaded the latest version of FPS Unlocker Axstin at Github, you are good to go. This tool is completely safe and free from any virus or spam. Using this tool you won’t get an FPS drops issue while playing Roblox.
How to Increase FPS in Roblox than 60 FPS Without Using rbxfpsunlocker?
Follow these steps if you don’t want to use this FPS Unlocker program.
- Search Roblox app on Start Menu.
- Right-click on the Roblox file and choose the Open file location.
- Open Platform Content > PC > Textures and remove all contents available in the folder.
- Now, open any Roblox game and go to the Settings.
- Change the Graphics Mode to Manual and reduce the Graphics Quality to one.
- In the end, you will get an FPS of 240 plus.
You can also download the smart game booster to increase the frame per second while playing Roblox.
Why do I get a “Roblox FPS Unlocker Variable Scan Failed” error?
The players might see variable scan failed FPS unlocker error. It means Roblox FPS Unlocker could not connect to the Internet to check for updates. This may be due to your anti-virus, computer firewall, network firewall, etc. blocking the request. The error can be safely ignored by pressing “Ok”.
Why am I Seeing [error] variable scan failed! make sure your framerate is at ~60.0 fps (press shift+f5 in-game) before using Roblox fps unlocker.
You are dealing with this error because RFU is unable to find the internal variable responsible for uncapping Roblox’s framerate. This might happen if another program has already edited the value (e.g. an exploit).
Please verify that your framerate is at a stable ~60.0 FPS (Shift+F5) before using the unlocker. If it is and the error still occurs, please submit an issue.
Why Roblox FPS Unlocker is already running?
It happens when you run FPS unlocker but nothing happens instead you opening Task Manager you notice this app is already running. It might be due to a glitch that your Windows has caught up. You can simply End Task the process using the Task Manager and then re-run this program.
How To Fix Roblox FPS Unlocker unable to find task scheduler?
The unable to find task scheduler using FPS unlocker error pop up when you are running the outdated version. So always have the latest version on your PC that is compatible with the latest Roblox release.
You can also apply this fix to resolve this error.
- Press Windows Key and search Roblox.
- Now click on Open file location.
- Right-click on the Roblox file and select Open file location.
- First, copy and delete all the files you see in this file location.
- Open the WinRAR file and then open the second folder.
- And copy all the files and paste them to the Roblox file location
Now you can play Roblox without being unable to find taskscheduler error.