Does Rocket league keep crashing when you launch the game on PC? Or when you run the game it failed to open on startup.
Many users have also complained that Rocket League crashes when joining a game or running it on Steam and Epic games.
Luckily, we have the solution that will fix Rocket League’s crashing problem on PC using Steam or Epic game client.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Reasons why Rocket League keeps crashing
Many causes trigger this error but the most common reasons are:
- Hardware limitation.
- Outdated graphics card driver.
- Corrupted game data, save files, or local files.
- Game glitch.
- Server issues.
How To Fix Rocket League Keep Crashing on PC
Start from the top and work your way through the solutions. By doing it, you’ll be back in running the games in a jiffy.
Fix 1. Disable Mods or Third-Party Apps
Although mods give you extra features sometimes Rocket League crashes when you are playing it using mods. Mods interfere, exploit or abuse Rocket League services.
Third-party apps also play a vital role but we suggest that you disable mods and uninstall third-party apps such as monitoring apps.
Fix 2. Update .NET Framework
Microsoft .NET framework has different programming languages that help games to run smoothly. If you have a corrupted or outdated NET framework, Rocket League will not lunch and fail to start on startup.
So update the .NET framework to its latest version 4.6.2 from their official website. Ru this program installs it and then restarts your PC. Now Rocket League should be able to start on PC.
Fix 3. Download DirectX 11
If Rocket League crashes on launch or when you run this game black screen pop up then it may be because you have an outdated DirectX version. DirectX 11 download offline installer setup
Fix 4. Delete Rocket League Cache Folder
If the Rocket League is crashing on startup, may be because you have one or more corrupted cache files.
When Rocket League saved files/cache folder gets corrupted, you will also see a Runtime or NTDLL error. To resolve this error, try deleting the Cache folder:
- Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
- Now go to click on Documents > My Games > Rocket League > TAGame
- Right-click on Cache and select Delete
- Launch Rocket League
If Rocket League still will not start, try creating new save data.
Fix 5. Check Minimum System Requirements
Make sure that your PC meets the rocket League system requirement. If your computer doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements, then you will face performance-related issues. Visit their official site to check system requirements.
Fix 6. Verify Integrity of the Game Files
Does Rocket League crashing in Epic games? You need to verify the integrity of your game files.
During this process, game files stored on your computer and steam will be compared and if any file is found missing or damaged will repair it.
- Open Epic Games Store.
- Find Rocket League in your Epic Games Store Library.
- Click the three dots on the right side of the Rocket League line.
- Select Verify.
- Wait for validation to complete.
- It will take a few minutes to verify the game files.
If you are running Rocket League on Steam then follow these steps:
- Run Steam client.
- Click Library.
- Right-click on Rocket League and select Properties.
- Click the Local Files tab, and then click Verify Integrity of Game Files.
Now lunch the game and see if Rocket League crashing on epic game is fixed or not.
Fix 7. Update Video Card Drivers
Make sure that you have updated video card drivers. The GPU driver is software that ensures that the PC game keeps running without crashing.
You need to update the GPU drivers either manually or automatically. However, we suggest our users download Driver Easy or IObit Driver Booster on a PC. Both of these tools automatically download the latest drivers on your PC.
Abnormal GPU temperature may also be because of the crash, so make sure that GPU is running at the optimal temperature range.
Fix 8. Download Microsoft C++ Packages
If Rocket League crashes on a PC, it’s because it needs a Microsoft C++ package. If you already have the Visual C++ Redistributables package, then try reinstalling it on your PC again.
Got To Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Find Visual C++ Redistributables package > Uninstall it.
Visit the Microsoft official site and download Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022.
Fix 9. Disable Startup Programs
Make sure to disable all unwanted programs that startup on Windows bootup. Disabling background programs will improve Rocket League’s performance.
To disable startup programs:
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to open Task manager.
- Click on Startup Tab.
- Click on the program and select Disable from the bottom.
Fix 10. Run Rocket League in Windowed Mode
If the Rocket League is crashing followed by a black screen, then try switching to Windowed Mode.
To run Windowed Mode on Epic Game;
- Open the Epic Games Launcher
- Click on Settings
- Scroll down to Manage Games
- Click the arrow in front of the Rocket League Section
- Check the Additional Command Arguments box
- In the text box type: -windowed
- Click the arrow in front of Settings in the top left corner
- Click Library in the left column
- Launch Rocket League
To Run Windowed Mode of Steam;
- Open Steam
- Select Library tab
- Right-Click on the Rocket League game
- Select Properties
- Select the Set Launch Options button
- On the command line type: –windowed
- Select OK
- Close Properties
- Launch Rocket League
Fix 11. Run Rocket League As An Administrator
To fix Rocket League crashing try running it via administrator access. Follow these steps;
- Close Rocket League.
- Go to the Rocket League installation folder:
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\rocketleague\Binaries\Win64
- Find the Rocket League executable file (.exe file) and right-click on it.
- Select Properties.
- Click Compatibility.
- Put a checkmark on Run this program as an administrator box.
- Click Apply and hit OK.
To run Rocket League in Steam as an administrator
Open Steam > Library > Rocket League > Local File > Browse Local Files > Binaries > Win64 Folder > .exe file > Properties > Compatibility > Run this program as an Administrator > Apply > OK.
Fix 12. Run Rocket League With Default Settings
If you are playing games on Steam then force it to launch with video default settings.
First open Rocket League > Settings > Video > Default > Apply.
Now open Steam and set default settings. Here’s how;
- Run Steam > Library > Rocket League > Properties.
- Click on Set Launch Options > Remove launch option showing on the screen.
- Now type -autoconfig, then click OK.
Fix 13. Change PC Power Settings
By default balanced mode is selected in the computer power setting. In balanced mode, the PC tries to save energy while causing system performance to slow down.
The performance slows down and can also lead to rocket League crashing. Try changing the power plan to High-Performance mode.
- Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
- Select High Performance and restart your PC.
Fix 14. Run the Game With High Priority
If your system can’t allocate enough memory to play the game then it will crash. So try to set high Priorities to allocate more memory and resources. Follow these steps;
- Press Alt + Ctrl + Delete to open Task Manager.
- Now click on Details Tab and look for the Rocket League process running in it.
- Right-click on the process and choose Set Priority.
- From the new menu click on High.
- Now relaunch the game.