One after another SOTF players are dealing with issues even though the developers have released updates.
One such issue is the Sons of the Forest not saving in Multiplayer mode. According to reports appearing on Reddit, many players are claiming while playing Sons of the Forest their progress is not saved and they lose items.
Although players have tried saving the games manually/frequently still when they play the game the items are disappearing from inventory. If you are also dealing with this then read this guide.
How To Fix Sons of the Forest Not Saving Progress in Multiplayer Mode?
Here we have explained the fixes that are tested to resolve Sons of the Forest Not Saving Progress in Multiplayer Mode.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
Sometimes the internet is disconnected while playing the multiplayer game due to many reasons. If that’s the case then game progress will not save unless you restart the game from the beginning.
2. Manually Save Game Progress
Another temporary workaround is to frequently save the SOTF game manual. then access the game folder and copy the game save file and save it on another system. It will help you reload the game and continue from where you left off.
3. Don’t Use VPN
If you are intentionally playing games using the VPN then you might end up with the problem of SOTF progress not being saved in multiplayer.
So make sure to uninstall the game or discontinue it temporarily.
4. Allow The Game Through The Firewall/ Antivirus
Occasionally it’s the Windows firewall that interferes with the game. You need to follow these steps to allow a game through the Firewall/Antivirus on Windows 11:
- Click on the Windows icon located on the bottom left of the screen, and type “Firewall” in the search bar.
- Select “Windows Security Firewall” from the list of results that appears.
- Click on the “Allow an app through firewall” option, located under the “Firewall & network protection” section.
- Click on the “Change settings” button, if the option is not already available.
- Locate the game executable file or application from the list of installed programs and apps.
- Once you have located the game or app, ensure that both the “Private” and “Public” options are checked.
- If the game or app is not listed, click on “Allow another app” and select the executable file or application from its installation folder.
- Once you have made the necessary changes, click “OK” to save the settings.
- If you have antivirus software installed on your computer, open the software and navigate to the settings or options menu.
- Look for the option to “Exclude” or “Add an exception” for a file or folder.
- Locate the game executable file or application and add it to the exceptions list.
- Once you have completed these steps, the game should be allowed through the firewall/antivirus and run without any issues.
5. Set the Correct Date and Time
The Sons of the Forest not saving in Multiplayer Mode issue can also be linked with the wrong date and timezone set in Windows PC.
Follow these simple steps to change them back:
- Click on the Start menu and select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, choose Time & Language, and then click on Date & Time.
- Select the appropriate Timezone from the list provided.
- Enable the Set time automatically option.
- Click the Sync now button to synchronize with the Windows time server.
6. Clear the Corrupted Saved Files
If you are experiencing issues with the Sons of The Forest multiplayer save not working, it may be due to corrupted saved files. To resolve this issue, you can follow the steps below to clear the corrupted saved files:
Follow these steps:
- Press Win + R key and type %localappdata%low/Endnight/SonsOfTheForest/Saves and hit Enter.
- Locate the Save folder and delete it.
- Replay the game and check if the Sons of The Forest save lost issue gets solved.