Sons of the Forest is a highly anticipated survival horror game that garnered gamers in his horror world. It is the sequel to their highly successful game, The Forest. However, some users have reported facing an issue with the game’s textures not loading on Windows 10/11.
In this article, we will discuss some possible solutions to fix Sons of the Forest texture not loading on Windows 10/11.
What Causing The Sons of the Forest Texture Not Loading on PC?
Before we dive into the solutions, let’s first understand what causes this issue. The most common reason for textures not loading in Sons of the Forest is due to the game being unable to load the required assets from the game files. This can happen due to various reasons like outdated or corrupt graphics drivers, insufficient system resources, outdated game files, and more.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
How To Fix Sons of the Forest Texture Not Loading on PC (Steam)
Here are some solutions to fix the texture not loading issue in Sons of the Forest on Windows 10/11:
1. Verify the Game Files
Sometimes, outdated, or corrupt game files can cause texture issues in games. You can verify the game files to fix this issue. Here’s how:
- Open Steam and go to your game Library.
- Right-click on Sons of the Forest and select Properties.
- Click on the Local Files tab and select Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait for the process to complete and launch the game.
2. Increase Virtual Memory
If your system is running low on memory, it can cause texture issues in games. The Sons of the Forest texture missing can be caused by insufficient memory. In this case, you can try increasing the virtual memory of your system to fix the issue. You can increase your system’s virtual memory to fix this issue.
- Press Windows key + X and select System.
- Click on Advanced system settings.
- In the Advanced tab, click on the Settings button under the Performance section.
- In the Performance Options window, click on the Advanced tab.
- Under the Virtual memory section, click on Change.
- Uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives option.
- Select the Custom size option and set the initial size and maximum size values to twice the amount of RAM installed on your system.
- Click on Set and then click on OK.
3. Adjust Graphic Settings
Sometimes, the issue could be due to the Sons of the Forest graphics settings. Adjusting the game’s settings may help fix the issue.
Here are the steps to adjust the game’s settings:
- Launch Sons of the Forest and go to the Options menu.
- Click on the Graphics tab.
- Adjust the settings to the following values:
- Resolution: Your monitor’s native resolution.
- Texture Quality: High
- Shadow Quality: Medium
- Reflection Quality: Medium
- Water Quality: High
- Volumetric Quality: Low
- Draw Distance: Medium
- Ambient Occlusion: Low
- Fog Quality: Low
- Anisotropic Textures: On
- Shadow Quality: Low
- Clouds: Low
- Grass: Low
- Water: Low
- Parallax Distance: Medium
- Billboard Quality: Medium
4. Run the Game in Compatibility Mode
Compatibility mode is a feature in Windows that allows you to run programs designed for previous versions of Windows on a newer version of Windows. If the Sons of the Forest is not running properly on Windows 10/11, try running it in compatibility mode for a previous version of Windows. To do This:
- Right-click Sons of the Forest and select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Check Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Select a previous version of Windows.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Launch Sons of the Forest and see if the issue is resolved.
5. Update Your Graphics Card Drivers
Most of the time Sons of the Forest texture not loading on your PC if you have an outdated graphics driver installed. So make sure you have updated your GPU drivers to their latest version.
Although NVIDIA and AMD release game-specific updates that you can download and install on your PC it takes time.
Also updating the graphics card drivers is a time-consuming task, and if you are a newbie you can end up installing the wrong drivers.
So we recommend downloading Driver Easy software on your PC. This program is a professional system driver updater that automatically scans a PC’s old driver and updates them instantly.
The Driver Easy is an N0.1 software updater tool in its field and for 12 years users are using it to fix their PC errors.
So download Driver Easy and let it deal with all the system drivers.
- Go to your graphics card manufacturer’s website (e.g., Nvidia, AMD, Intel).
- Download and install the latest drivers for your graphics card.
- Restart your computer.
Launch Sons of the Forest and check if the issue is resolved.
6. Run the Game in DirectX 11
According to some players, it is possible to fix the texture issues in Sons of the Forest by switching the game’s DirectX version to 11. To do this, you can refer to the following guide on how to change the DirectX version in Steam.
- Launch Steam and navigate to the Library.
- Right-click Sons Of The Forest and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, go to the General tab and click on the Set Launch Options button.
- Type -dx11 in the pop-up dialog box and click on OK to save the change. Then you can launch the game in DirectX 11.
7. Change the Field of View
By increasing the Field of View (FOV) in Sons of the Forest game settings, you can significantly boost the FPS count and improve graphical issues. To do this, locate the FOV option in the game settings menu and adjust the slider according to your hardware performance to find the optimal setting for your game. It’s also recommended to set other graphical settings to low or medium, as this may help reduce graphical glitches and texture-loading issues.
If the FOV option is not available, you can still tweak other visual settings from the in-game menu, such as shadow effects, anti-aliasing, and more. This may also help improve the overall performance of the game.
8. Turn Off Nvidia DLSS Mode
It’s possible that NVIDIA’s DLSS feature may be the culprit behind some graphical issues in Sons of the Forest. To fix this, navigate to the Display section of the in-game settings menu and turn off the DLSS feature. This should help reduce graphical glitches, visibility issues, and other related problems.