If the Starship Troopers: Extermination keeps crashing on startup with or without error then you don’t need to worry. These issues are common n all newly released games. Mostly the fault lies on your side and you can easily fix it.
Starship Troopers: Extermination is in early access so you might face crashing on startup or won’t launch issues on Windows PC. Until you wait for the game patch here we have mentioned proven solutions to help you play the game.
Why Starship Troopers Extermination Won’t Launch or Crash on Startup?
When encountering issues with Starship Troopers Extermination, some players speculate that it could be related to the game still being in early access. However, it’s worth noting that others have reported smooth gameplay experiences, suggesting that early access may not be the primary factor.
When a game fails to launch on your computer, several factors could be at play. Outdated graphics drivers, missing or damaged game files, conflicting background processes, and overclocked CPU/GPU settings are common culprits.
Additionally, running the game on an outdated version of Windows or on a computer that doesn’t meet the game’s system requirements can prevent it from launching. But don’t fret! We’ve compiled a comprehensive guide to help you troubleshoot and resolve these issues.
How To Fix Starship Troopers Extermination Keeps Crashing on Startup on a PC
The Starship Troopers won’t launch or crash on startup issues that can easily be solved. Here are the fixes that you need to apply. But before that, we suggest you check this basic workaround before moving onwards.
- Try to restart your PC for a fresh start.
- Make sure the computer meets the game’s system requirements.
- Remove unwanted external peripherals from the computer.
- Close all unwanted background programs.
- Run the game as an administrator.
1. Update graphics drivers
To fix the Starship Troopers Extermination startup crashing issue make sure you have the latest graphics drivers on your PC. In most cases, outdated GPU drivers are the main reason you are dealing with this problem.
To update your graphics drivers Follow these steps:
- Open the Device Manager by typing “devmgmt.msc” in the Windows search bar.
- Locate the Graphics Card driver and right-click it.
- Click on “Update Driver” and select “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- Once the update is complete, restart your computer.
Best Alternate To Update Graphics Driver
NVIDIA and AMD do release game-specific updates that you can download and install on your PC but it takes time.
Especially, if you are a newbie or you don’t have time or skills then there are chances that you might end up installing the wrong graphics drivers.
So we recommend downloading Driver Easy software on your PC. This program is a professional system driver updater that automatically scans a PC’s old driver and updates them instantly.
We have personally used this tool on our Windows 11 PC. The most favorite part is its outstanding scanning feature. You can instantly know which PC part needs to be updated.
The Driver Easy is an N0.1 software updater tool in its field with a mega database of more than 600000 drivers. Users have been using this tool for the last 12 years to fix their PC errors.
So download Driver Easy and let it deal with all the system drivers.
2. Disable Fullscreen Optimization
Fullscreen optimization is a feature in Windows 11/10 that allows games and apps to run in fullscreen mode with improved performance and reduced latency.
Here’s how you can disable fullscreen optimization in Windows 11:
- Right-click on the game’s shortcut icon or the .exe file and select “Properties“.
- In the Properties window, go to the “Compatibility” tab.
- Check the box that says “Disable fullscreen optimizations” and click on “Apply” and “OK“.
3. Force using a Dedicated GPU
Starship Troopers Extermination keeps crashing on startup issue is linked with the non-utilizing of the dedicated GPU. It’s because the game may not automatically use the dedicated graphics card, and instead, they use the integrated graphics card, which can result in poor performance.
Here’s how you can force an application to use the dedicated graphics card:
For Nvidia GPU:
- Right-click on the blank desktop screen > Open Nvidia Control Panel.
- Go to 3D Settings > Click on Manage 3D Settings.
- Open Program Settings > Select Starship Troopers Extermination from the list.
- Select the preferred graphics processor for this program from the list.
- Once done, you can see it as High-Performance Nvidia Processor.
- Make sure to save changes and reboot the PC.
For AMD GPU:
- Right-click on the blank desktop screen > Open Radeon Settings.
- Head over to Additional Settings > Go to Preferences.
- Click on Power > Click on Switchable Graphics Application Settings.
- Select Starship Troopers Extermination from the list. [If the game is not visible, select Add Application to include the game]
- Once done, select High Performance from Graphics Settings.
- Finally, reboot the PC to apply changes.
4. Disable Overlay Apps
Disabling overlay apps can also help to resolve Starship Troopers Extermination startup crashing issues. Follow these steps to disable overlay feature:
- Open Steam and go to “Settings“.
- Select “In-Game“.
- Uncheck the “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game” box.
- Open Discord and go to “User Settings“.
- Select “Overlay“.
- Turn off the “Enable in-game overlay” toggle.
For NVIDIA GeForce Experience:
- Open GeForce Experience and go to “Settings“.
- Select “General“.
- Turn off the “In-game overlay” toggle.
For AMD Radeon Software:
- Open Radeon Software and go to “Preferences“.
- Select “In-Game“.
- Turn off the “Enable Radeon Overlay” toggle.
For Xbox Game Bar:
- Open the Windows 10 Settings app and go to “Gaming“.
- Select “Game Bar“.
- Turn off the “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using the Game bar” toggle.
5. Check for Overheating
While rendering the graphics your system may heat up. In case you haven’t provided an adequate cooling system this overeating can cause random startup crashing issues while playing Starship Troopers Extermination.
To prevent PC overheating, make sure that your PC is well-ventilated and not placed in a closed space. You can also use software to monitor your PC’s temperature and ensure that it stays within a safe range.
6. Update DirectX and Visual C++
Updating DirectX and Visual C++ can help fix issues related to crashes or errors in games or applications. Here’s how you can update them:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “dxdiag” and press Enter.
- The DirectX Diagnostic Tool window will open. Check your DirectX version under the “System” tab.
- If your DirectX version is outdated, go to the Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer website.
- Download and run the installer. It will automatically update your DirectX version.
Update Visual C++:
- Go to the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio website.
- Select the appropriate version (32-bit or 64-bit) based on your system.
- Download and run the installer. It will automatically update your Visual C++ version.
7. Disable Antivirus Software
Disabling your antivirus program can sometimes help fix issues with games or applications, especially if the antivirus program is blocking or interfering with the game’s files or processes.
- Open your antivirus program. The location may vary depending on the program you use.
- Look for an option to disable or turn off real-time protection, such as “Disable shield” or “Turn off protection.”
- Launch the game or application and check if the issue has been resolved.
8. Verify the Integrity of Game Files
The game files may go missing or corrupted so it’s advisable to repair them. To verify the game file Integrity on Steam:
- Launch Steam on the computer and click on the Library option.
- Right-click Starship Troopers: Extermination from the game list and select Properties.
- Now click on Local Files in the left pane and select Verify Integrity of game files.
- Relaunch the game after the game file integrity check completes.
9. Switch To Windowed Mode
Try running Starship Troopers Extermination in windowed mode and see if that helps:
- Launch the Steam client and tap on the Library option.
- Right-click on Starship Troopers Extermination and select Properties.
- Go to the General section, click on Set Launch Options, then copy and paste -windowed -noborder in the box.
10. Perform a Clean Boot
Performing a clean boot is a great idea to fix the startup crashing issue while playing Starship Troopers Extermination. It helps eliminate any programs or processes that may be interfering with the smooth running of the game. By closing all programs except the game, you can ensure a more stable environment for it to run.
You should follow the steps below to do so:
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type msconfig and hit Enter to open System Configuration.
- Go to Services > Click on Hide all Microsoft services to enable it.
- Now, click on Disable all so that the rest of the services gets turned off.
- Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Next, go to Startup > Click on Open Task Manager.
- Click on the Startup tab > Ensure to select the specific task with a higher startup impact.
- Now, click on Disable to turn it off.